[OSX] Unofficial Path of Exile port - 30/12/2018 status update

Hmm now i get a new error when i try to start the game:

"Your pack file has become corrupted. Currently the only way to fix this is to delete Content.ggpk and download it again by running the client."

... seriously :'( i has worked fine before and now this .. do i need to download that whole 6GB pack again ???

plz help plz

'edit'

ive located the file, deleated it and now its downloading what a apears a new patch. Hope it works :)
Still strange because ive played with the new patch already yesterday.

'latest edit'

it's downloading from scratch again...not a patch but full game client. i guess no PoE for me today, i hope this error will only happen once :)

Regards
Last edited by Phosphore on Jun 11, 2013, 3:30:24 PM
"
Phosphore wrote:

"Your pack file has become corrupted. Currently the only way to fix this is to delete Content.ggpk and download it again by running the client."

... seriously :'( i has worked fine before and now this .. do i need to download that whole 6GB pack again ???

plz help plz

'edit'

ive located the file, deleated it and now its downloading what a apears a new patch. Hope it works :)

'latest edit'

it's downloading from scratch again...not a patch but full game client. i guess no PoE for me today, i hope this error will only happen once :)

Regards

This actually can happen time to time... Better way is make a duplicate/backup of wrapper just in case (at least you wont need to redownload 6 GB)
"
Patchumz wrote:
"
Qtjonk wrote:
Could someone please help me with the Wineskin installation, or creating the wrapper for PoE, i'm not exactly sure. I've been messing with it for hours and haven't gotten any closer since PoE finished installation. PM me. Thanks.

Julus has made lots of improvements for his wrapper, that's why it works so well. Just use his, it's far simpler.

Exactly, I also always test new wine releases, and if there will be any noticeable improvement, I will update the wrapper. Current wine version (1.6-rc1) fixed only a sound glitch (which was not present in wrappers at all, as I have patched it), but I will release the updated wrapper anyway when the wine will hit 1.6 final, as currently they are focusing only on stability issues and regression bugs.
"
julus wrote:
"
Phosphore wrote:

plz help plz

'edit'

'latest edit'

Regards

This actually can happen time to time... Better way is make a duplicate/backup of wrapper just in case (at least you wont need to redownload 6 GB)

To make a duplicate of the wrapper, is this to go to your program's -> path of exile -> right click+ show content -> Wineskin ?? I mean is the Wineskin the wrapper ? im not a computer expert this is why i ask..

Also on my iMac i have the version 'v4.0.2' only here i had this error. On my laptop i used your newest version and it still run's

Regards
"
Phosphore wrote:
To make a duplicate of the wrapper, is this to go to your program's -> path of exile -> right click+ show content -> Wineskin ?? I mean is the Wineskin the wrapper ? im not a computer expert this is why i ask..

Also on my iMac i have the version 'v4.0.2' only here i had this error. On my laptop i used your newest version and it still run's

Regards

Path of exile -> right click + duplicate :) It will make duplicate of whole wrapper, which can be then launched as well.
Spoiler
Engine Used: WS9Wine1.5.29-PoE
Hardware:

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: MacBook
Model Identifier: MacBook7,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 3 MB
Memory: 2 GB
Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz
Boot ROM Version: MB71.0039.B0B
SMC Version (system): 1.60f6
Sudden Motion Sensor:
State: Enabled

Graphics/Displays:

NVIDIA GeForce 320M:

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce 320M
Type: GPU
Bus: PCI
VRAM (Total): 256 MB
Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)
Device ID: 0x08a0
Revision ID: 0x00a2
ROM Revision: 3533
Displays:
Color LCD:
Resolution: 1280 x 800
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Built-In: Yes
Display Connector:

LastRunWine is empty. I'm running the 4.1 version and everything runs smooth. No lag or anything from like the previous versions. The only thing that isn't working is my keys. The 'qwerty' '12345' and the rest of the key bindings. When I open up chat, the keys work fine. It's just the key binds for the game isn't.
Last edited by johnxhavoc on Jun 13, 2013, 9:57:51 PM
Hey finally decided to post

Thanks for your great work so far!

As a complete computer noob, my question is how do I know that my Mac has the "Radeon" thingy that is incompatible with 4.1?

Im currently running the 3,8 version on my MacbookPro 2010 13" on Snow Leopard

My biggest problem so far is spell effects, thats whats really screwing up my boss fights or very large group encounters
Last edited by Th3Bl1ndGamer on Jun 14, 2013, 5:18:22 AM
"
Th3Bl1ndGamer wrote:
As a complete computer noob, my question is how do I know that my Mac has the "Radeon" thingy that is incompatible with 4.1?

Im currently running the 3,8 version on my MacbookPro 2010 13" on Snow Leopard

My biggest problem so far is spell effects, thats whats really screwing up my boss fights or very large group encounters

That "Radeon thingy" means Video Card/Graphics processing unit. Radeon is made by ATi (or AMD these days).

You can check your computer specifications in Top left corner (Apple) -> About this Mac -> More info.

I guess your Mac has an NVIDIA card so you should be able to use the newest wrapper. Well, try it anyway. See FAQ for moving Content.ggpk so you don't have to re-download the whole game file.
"
johnxhavoc wrote:
Spoiler
Hardware:

Hardware Overview:

Sudden Motion Sensor:

Graphics/Displays:

NVIDIA GeForce 320M:

Displays:
Color LCD:
Display Connector:

LastRunWine is empty. I'm running the 4.1 version and everything runs smooth. No lag or anything from like the previous versions. The only thing that isn't working is my keys. The 'qwerty' '12345' and the rest of the key bindings. When I open up chat, the keys work fine. It's just the key binds for the game isn't.

There is no interesting thing in logs anyway, as wine specific crashes were fixed, and it only slow down the game if enabled. Anyway, you may try to disable mac driver in right click on path of exile > show contents > wineskin> advanced preferences > set screen option > use mac driver.

It will fallback to older graphic driver (x11 which was used in 3.8), and it may fix your problem, (but new one can arise)
Last edited by julus on Jun 14, 2013, 11:03:13 AM
"
julus wrote:
"
johnxhavoc wrote:
Spoiler
Hardware:

Hardware Overview:

Sudden Motion Sensor:

Graphics/Displays:

NVIDIA GeForce 320M:

Displays:
Color LCD:
Display Connector:

There is no interesting thing in logs anyway, as wine specific crashes were fixed, and it only slow down the game if enabled. Anyway, you may try to disable mac driver in right click on path of exile > show contents > wineskin> advanced preferences > set screen option > use mac driver.

It will fallback to older graphic driver (x11 which was used in 3.8), and it may fix your problem, (but new one can arise)

That option is already checked in wineskin D: I'm getting like no error, bugs or any lag from the 4.1 version except the game keys aren't working :( If you want any logs or any other settings you need to help, let me know.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info