[OSX] Unofficial Path of Exile port - 30/12/2018 status update

"
KikitheKing wrote:
Thank you for the version 4.1.

0 crash with this version :)

I have just one question:
Is it possible to allocate more memory to wine ?
I mean when i play in a zone like lunaris, then go back to town then lunaris, etc... some times it's like it's the first time i go in lunaris. Every thing is "re-loaded", HHD load and in consequencies, huge fps drop. It's very dangerous in this case, we can die very easily.

Maybe it's the same on Windows but i hope not.

Its same on 32bit windows (so for example on win XP), the wine currently does not support 64bit mode under OSX, so it have some limitations. So the answer is no, wine uses as much memory as it can.

Note: The slow loading is caused by OSX bug, hopefully there will be improvement in 10.9
Last edited by julus on Jun 8, 2013, 2:04:32 PM
GAME WONT RUN - PLEASE HELP

I have installed v4.1 and whenever i open the game and click 'Launch', the small window disappears and nothing comes up. It will not load (even after waiting 40 mins). Does anyone know how to fix? I have turned off firewall also.

specs:
MacBook Pro
Processor: 2.7 Ghz Intel Core i7
Memory: 4GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB
Software: Mac OSX Lion 10.7.5
"
blackcreg wrote:
GAME WONT RUN - PLEASE HELP

I have installed v4.1 and whenever i open the game and click 'Launch', the small window disappears and nothing comes up. It will not load (even after waiting 40 mins). Does anyone know how to fix? I have turned off firewall also.

specs:
MacBook Pro
Processor: 2.7 Ghz Intel Core i7
Memory: 4GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB
Software: Mac OSX Lion 10.7.5

try restart your mac
"
julus wrote:
"
KikitheKing wrote:

I mean when i play in a zone like lunaris, then go back to town then lunaris, etc... some times it's like it's the first time i go in lunaris. Every thing is "re-loaded", HHD load and in consequencies, huge fps drop. It's very dangerous in this case, we can die very easily.

Its same on 32bit windows (so for example on win XP), the wine currently does not support 64bit mode under OSX, so it have some limitations. So the answer is no, wine uses as much memory as it can.

Note: The slow loading is caused by OSX bug, hopefully there will be improvement in 10.9

Ty for your answer.

I hope too, for 10.9 improve the load time but for me this is not an OS bug.
Wine is an emulator and with this restraint, everything is more slower than a "real" configuration (on Windows).
Load time also impacted.

That's mean for us, Wine has limited memory, need to reload tones of data already done before and HDD access are more slower.

Double penalty for Mac/Linux users :(
Last edited by KikitheKing on Jun 9, 2013, 6:39:16 AM
Finally, I found out why I get crashes :
When playing in a party with ice AND lightning effects.
Standard : BratalUss
"
KikitheKing wrote:
"
julus wrote:
"
KikitheKing wrote:

Ty for your answer.

I hope too, for 10.9 improve the load time but for me this is not an OS bug.
Wine is an emulator and with this restraint, everything is more slower than a "real" configuration (on Windows).
Load time also impacted.

That's mean for us, Wine has limited memory, need to reload tones of data already done before and HDD access are more slower.

Double penalty for Mac/Linux users :(

There is no loading penalty on linux, I already explained the OSX bug over and over there couple of times. (and yes, it is OSX bug, and no Wine is NOT an emulator. In fact, some things are even faster under wine than on Windows.
I did now install the 4.0.2 on my mbp late 2011 and the program loads fine, in the login screen though it gets stuck and its impossible to click on buttons and type stuff. Any suggestions known? Sorry if this has been posted here before because i didn't find it! Thank you! - zuRMa
"
zuRMa wrote:
I did now install the 4.0.2 on my mbp late 2011 and the program loads fine, in the login screen though it gets stuck and its impossible to click on buttons and type stuff. Any suggestions known? Sorry if this has been posted here before because i didn't find it! Thank you! - zuRMa

Probably mouse offset (point mouse little higher than button, and try to change resolution, alternatively, you can set resolution manually (more info in FAQ))
Could someone please help me with the Wineskin installation, or creating the wrapper for PoE, i'm not exactly sure. I've been messing with it for hours and haven't gotten any closer since PoE finished installation. PM me. Thanks.
"
Qtjonk wrote:
Could someone please help me with the Wineskin installation, or creating the wrapper for PoE, i'm not exactly sure. I've been messing with it for hours and haven't gotten any closer since PoE finished installation. PM me. Thanks.

Julus has made lots of improvements for his wrapper, that's why it works so well. Just use his, it's far simpler.
El Psy Congroo.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info