[OSX] Unofficial Path of Exile port - 30/12/2018 status update

"
IAmTheRedd wrote:
I just had a quick technical question with the Mac client. I recently updated to v4.1 and the game runs smooth, no errors really. However, ever since then I'm unable to tab out. I'll still get the App bar in the middle of my screen but when I select something like Chrome or Spotify it essentially just freezes my POE screen and gives me the "File" bar on top.

Is this a common issue with the most recent Mac client and is there an easy fix? Any input would be great. Thanks!

It's probably caused by mac driver, should be fixed in the next version.
"
Hey guys, been lurking this thread for a while which got me up and playing PoE on my Macbook pro, the only problem now is the incredible lag that I've been getting when encountering rare mobs/spells. The game runs pretty smoothly at ~40-50+ fps most of the time, but will completely freeze up every single gold or unique monster i come across. If I dont see a rare and accidentally pull it without letting the 4-5second screen freeze pass by, my hp will literally 100 to 0 without me even seeing it go down, i will just unfreeze dead, particularly frustrating in onslaught/HC.

Pretty sure it has something to do with my shit graphics card (Intel HD 3000 384 MB). Running an 2.3GHz intel core i5 13" 4GB RAM MBP mid 2011.

I understand that GGG haven't optimized the game yet (specifically Act 3 which is where I freeze the most) but it runs so well most of the time, the only thing keeping me back is this freeze time where I can't run/pot/attack etc. In game settings are below:

adapter_name=Intel(R) Sandybridge Mobile
antialias_mode=0
borderless_windowed_fullscreen=false
fullscreen=true
post_processing=false
resolution_height=778
resolution_width=1280
screen_shake=false
shadow_type=no_shadows
texture_filtering=1
texture_quality=4
vsync=true

Any ideas? Thanks,

Myth

Im having this too and it is really annoying.
a big thank you for this!

to the poster above - i'm not sure this is mac-port related. maybe this is just the normal desync every user is complaining about?

something which i'm sure i'm only getting on a mac though: i get a background flicker whenever i'm at a shop or in my inventory hovering over items. it's a good thing i'm not epileptic! like crazy background fast flickering. also happens at the character select screen.

everything else is working great though - i d'loaded the newest version, hit go, and away i went. of course, i'm having desync issues like everyone, but hope ggg will sort that out eventually. it's the only thing holding this game back from being great to being awesome. obviously, a few more Acts are expected too..
"
a big thank you for this!

to the poster above - i'm not sure this is mac-port related. maybe this is just the normal desync every user is complaining about?

something which i'm sure i'm only getting on a mac though: i get a background flicker whenever i'm at a shop or in my inventory hovering over items. it's a good thing i'm not epileptic! like crazy background fast flickering. also happens at the character select screen.

everything else is working great though - i d'loaded the newest version, hit go, and away i went. of course, i'm having desync issues like everyone, but hope ggg will sort that out eventually. it's the only thing holding this game back from being great to being awesome. obviously, a few more Acts are expected too..

He meant FPS lag, some users are experiencing it more than others, but that is related to OSX bug as explained over and over in these 158 pages. Nothing I can do with that. (and also, that's the reason I am not responding to FPS lag posts anymore...)

As for the flickering, I think you are first one reporting it. So, no solution for that yet known :)
Last edited by julus on Jun 23, 2013, 11:16:01 AM
Glad to finally get this running a few days ago, very glad to jump on POE bandwagon. Sure it lags a bit with groups or on prime time, but as stated, solo play is quite smooth.

I know the patch was released and is that going to render us mac folk from being unable to log on? Looks like it's stuck on "Allocating Resources" or should I just wait it out? Gaming time is limited this eve.
^ Regular patches shouldn't take that long, unless you are patching when everyone else is, then it can take a moment. Just let the allocating do its job.

Welcome aboard.
Thanks, yea it worked on the second try this morning. What do you guys get for average latency when soloing I'm around 100-150 but it can spike to 800 in mobs then with groups 2-3 it can either be fine or completely abysmal. Turned off all shadows and put other options to low alas I've seen posts claiming you have to do some modifying to get graphics under "medium" setting which I haven't tried yet. Anyways here's my specs

2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT 256 MB

Bare bones yes but I'm able to run Starcraft 2 and that abandoned diablow game fairly well.
4.1 works fine on my mid 2010 MBP (i7 / 8GB / SSD / GT330M GFX) except for fps-drops when new skills are used or yellow/unique mobs appear.
Getting stable 30 fps otherwise at at max resolution with all effects and shadows turned off.

Thanks a ton for this port!
I have been playing this for a little over a week and I have enjoyed the game itself. However, I am a bit sick of the 30 seconds or so load times when I load a new area. I have tried putting the graphics on the lowest settings but that doesn't really seem to help. Are there any other suggestions? I'm on a mid 2010 iMac (27").
I think this is the nature of the Port. We can't expect better gameplay until a REAL mac version is released. Until then play with 2-3 ppl max in a party and read your book/iphone during area load times. Sometimes it takes as long as a bathroom break, so just fix yourself a drink or something. Speaking of Mac ARPG I'm doing my first run through of Torchlight and I'm throughly impressed after playing the original Diablo.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info