[OSX] Unofficial Path of Exile port - 30/12/2018 status update

badger: check your minimal requirement. black screen means there is something wrong with confuguration. currently oldest engine and Intel HD on 10.6.8 make that thing..

Tirong: Act3 is not optimized, and i guess there is no preloading at all, and mac is really slow when loading from big files (content.ggpk has 6GB, if the devs would split it to like <50MB chunks, then the all problems with performance would be gone
Will the preloading problem ever be fixed? Or at least the optimization for Act 3?
Last edited by tirong1 on Apr 24, 2013, 4:35:43 PM
Wow great work julus, everyone. Works better than i ever could have imagined. Cant believe i spent months playing in a tiny window with no shadows using parallels windows 7. I'm actually playing at 1900x1200 with variance shadows, its blowing my mind.
thank you
"
tirong1 wrote:
Will the preloading problem ever be fixed? Or at least the optimization for Act 3?

I expect that's nothing to do with the Mac port and more to do with PoE itself. They've still got a lot of stuff to do with it (including a fourth act I think?) so I wouldn't hold your breath for anything soon. I expect they'll do some general optimising though.
"
"
tirong1 wrote:

I expect that's nothing to do with the Mac port and more to do with PoE itself. They've still got a lot of stuff to do with it (including a fourth act I think?) so I wouldn't hold your breath for anything soon. I expect they'll do some general optimising though.

Exactly, there are few possibilities how it can be fixed

1) GGG devs will make native osx client (possibly it will happen, but not anytime soon, i guess)
2) GGG devs will redesign the patching system and system of one data file (this is most likely to happen as it would fix other issues with patching system (corruptions of content.ggpk))
3) Apple will fix mmap() slowness in OSX. (they knows about it more than 3 years, so make a picture ;P
4) wine will rewrite code to use something else instead of mmap or some other kind of workaround (chance there is like 0.00000001% because it is OS fault (number 3))
So I guess I'll just have to wait then? haha

Thanks for the answers btw!
I copied my windows version all 6gig to my thumbdrive.

can i just copy it over instead of having this huge download?
where are are files located ie. where does it put POE on my mac etc.. the patcher is running now and downloading etc.
Help please :( . I've just finished installing the game and i get this http://imgur.com/ZE4ENdl

I'm on OS X 10.8.3
Ok so I downloaded > drag to apps > patcher started downloading got to about 2gig i stoped it and copied my windows POE directory to the right place..

Now when I click to start the game it runs the patcher for 1 or 2 seconds and then just sits there and does nothing at all..

any idea?
stickboy - in faq - how to move from old wrapper, there is location where you should move content.ggpk file. Also, the patcher can hang for few minutes, while checking the file

SpaceFabric - content.ggpk is most likely corrupted, you need to redownload or use from working windows installation.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info