[OSX] Unofficial Path of Exile port - 30/12/2018 status update

Julus,

Thanks for the great port! I have a question. For some reason only version 3.1 doesn't have any lag spike issues for me, but only 3.1 has issues with not loading some textures/skins. For example most projectiles are invisible as are some enemies like the monkeys in act 2 and even the act 2 boss is invisible, or captain fairgraves and his ship, just stuff like that. Is there any way I could do something that will fix the 3.1 port? Thank you so much for your time!
"
Skydemon96 wrote:
Julus,

Thanks for the great port! I have a question. For some reason only version 3.1 doesn't have any lag spike issues for me, but only 3.1 has issues with not loading some textures/skins. For example most projectiles are invisible as are some enemies like the monkeys in act 2 and even the act 2 boss is invisible, or captain fairgraves and his ship, just stuff like that. Is there any way I could do something that will fix the 3.1 port? Thank you so much for your time!

That is the reason you dont have fps spikes - textures are not loading. Loading causes the spikes. In Closed beta, almost everything was preloaded (except monkeys and few spell effects), so there was no lag spike in other version as well, but with Open beta, GGG had stopped preloading some effects resulting in fps spikes in newer version, or with missing effects/enemys using 3.1
Last edited by julus on Mar 2, 2013, 11:01:33 PM
Somethings strange happens yesterday.. My game crash then when I reconnect it was like i've re-download the game but this time in option Adapter it was write My ATI Radeon .. and I get less fps spikes but .. today it again Direct3D Hall .... It seems wineskin don't recognize my 3d card... Why ? Could u me explain dat ?
"
NickRondo wrote:
Somethings strange happens yesterday.. My game crash then when I reconnect it was like i've re-download the game but this time in option Adapter it was write My ATI Radeon .. and I get less fps spikes but .. today it again Direct3D Hall .... It seems wineskin don't recognize my 3d card... Why ? Could u me explain dat ?

Hmm, it shouldn't make any actual difference whether Options show Direct3D HAL as Wine should detect your Video RAM correctly anyway.

But if it bothers you, Right-click PoE.app -> Show Package Contents, open Wineskin.app, click Set Screen Options and Uncheck Auto Detect GPU info for Direct 3D.
"
krifFinn wrote:
"
NickRondo wrote:

Hmm, it shouldn't make any actual difference whether Options show Direct3D HAL as Wine should detect your Video RAM correctly anyway.

But if it bothers you, Right-click PoE.app -> Show Package Contents, open Wineskin.app, click Set Screen Options and Uncheck Auto Detect GPU info for Direct 3D.

It should not matter how your card was detected. It might differs only when game is using same bad voodoo when "Radeon" string is detected.
"
julus wrote:
"
Skydemon96 wrote:
Julus,

That is the reason you dont have fps spikes - textures are not loading. Loading causes the spikes. In Closed beta, almost everything was preloaded (except monkeys and few spell effects), so there was no lag spike in other version as well, but with Open beta, GGG had stopped preloading some effects resulting in fps spikes in newer version, or with missing effects/enemys using 3.1

Any chance of this problem being remedied in the near future?
Hi Julus,

To refresh memory, I was having mouse problems in the 4.x versions.
I almost always use a second screen but for once I wasn't home, so played on only one. And miracle, the 4.0.2 mouse registering bugs are gone! The game works smoothly (exept for huge framerate-drops with certain mobs).
I'm back in my apartment now and sadly it doesn't work with external screen.

Hope this helps to maybe fix this issue for the next release. :)

Hafuu
www.nicolaswidart.com
Hi Julus, Hi everyone :)

THX a Lot for this port. I really enjoy playing PoE on my iMac.

After reading tons of pages of this thread I still got some questions:

- Is there a way to reduce the loading time between 2 areas? Im playing often with some friends and when we join a new area all together they are so much faster with loading these (all PCs) ! When my Version finished loading they are often out of Map Sight (Tab-Big-Map)

- Is it possible to reduce the resolution while playing in Fullscreen? Im experiencing the highest FPS Spikes when playing in Native Resolution (2560x1440) so I decided to drop down to 1920x1080 but this is only possible in Windowed mode because of mouse offset/game crash in Fullscreen.

- Is there a Hotkey or anything like that to switch from Fullscreen to Windowed (like cmd+m @ D2/D3) I Sometimes need that to check my mails etc.

- Is it possible to run Wine on all 4 Cores? I monitored the CPU Usage while playing and discovered that Wine only Uses 1 Core (Like d2 with rosetta is doing :( )

My Machine:
Mac Os 10.6.8
iMac 11.1
12 GB RAM
ATI 4850 HD 512 MB
i5 2.66 Quad

Thanks again for this nice port and thanks for helping me with my problems :)
First i want to thank you for this port. Now my impression:

I´m at lvl 61 and the game is barely playable due to the massive spikes/freezes/lags. Even if you play alone you can hardly kill bosses due to said spikes and lags. I just tried running Docks with a public group and its definitely not playable. I have standing pictures of more than 2 seconds and i just die in merciless which is a pain in the ass.

My machine: iMac 27 inch, 16 GB Ram, 2,8 GHz Intel Quad Core i7, ATI Radeon HD 4850 512 MB

I am already playing in windowed mode : 1680x1050

"
iNz0r wrote:
First i want to thank you for this port. Now my impression:

I´m at lvl 61 and the game is barely playable due to the massive spikes/freezes/lags. Even if you play alone you can hardly kill bosses due to said spikes and lags. I just tried running Docks with a public group and its definitely not playable. I have standing pictures of more than 2 seconds and i just die in merciless which is a pain in the ass.

My machine: iMac 27 inch, 16 GB Ram, 2,8 GHz Intel Quad Core i7, ATI Radeon HD 4850 512 MB

I am already playing in windowed mode : 1680x1050

i would play in fullscreen turn down all setting to low/off and maybe lower the res

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info