[OSX] Unofficial Path of Exile port - 30/12/2018 status update

i already tried that, it didnt help at all. Its also nonsense since my machine is quite decent and should EASILY run this game.
Same, My graphic was medium .. no shadow... I hide Global Chat and Trade chat.. but doesn't help..

Julus are u working on this ? Don't answer.. u waiting devs of PoE fix it... lol

Lightning Arrow animation so broken .. don't make u lag but other people yes. And ALL Elemental Bow Character use LA .. lol
"
iNz0r wrote:
First i want to thank you for this port. Now my impression:

I´m at lvl 61 and the game is barely playable due to the massive spikes/freezes/lags. Even if you play alone you can hardly kill bosses due to said spikes and lags. I just tried running Docks with a public group and its definitely not playable. I have standing pictures of more than 2 seconds and i just die in merciless which is a pain in the ass.

My machine: iMac 27 inch, 16 GB Ram, 2,8 GHz Intel Quad Core i7, ATI Radeon HD 4850 512 MB

I am already playing in windowed mode : 1680x1050

If you look at the Technical forum you will see that many ATI GPU owners have serious issues - even under Windows. If you want the best performance right now then Bootcamp is your option.

In more general terms I don't think it is fair to ask julus to fix these things, because the problems with gameplay in Act 3 especially are caused by poorly optimised effects and newly introduced skills for monsters. They cause lag and stutter in Windows too, you know. I can vouch for that.

But of course the devs have to keep on making new content as well as fix technical issues. Please have patience :)
Incredible!
Thanks for the porting!
This will be very useful for me!
vv
Everytime i alt+tab the game goes into a buggy windowed mode and i can't change it back into full screen.
IF i change it back by changing the resolution to something else(only way to exit the windowed mode it puts me in) i disconnect.

Any solution to this? i tried the tip in the bug report but nothing happens.

I play on the lowest settings and in 800x600.
Playing on a MacBook Pro with 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo with 4 gb RAM and using the NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT. I am using wine port 4.0.2. I was having crazy FPS spikes whenever elites showed up or when using certain skills. It was unplayable until I went into Wineskin/Advanced/Tools/Winetricks and selected: glsl=disabled. It fixed all the FPS spikes. :) Hope this helps!
I start at the beach, can move the mouse (this means I see the cursor moving) but iI am not able to move the character to any position by left-/rightclicking.

Any known solutions for this? Or does my witch has to lie forever with the face down on the beach, with my legs wide open?

Last edited by WUlf1337 on Mar 7, 2013, 3:36:27 PM
hey guys tryed running 4.02 and i get this pop up - the packed file is corrupted and can be fixed by reclamation on my macbook pro
Is this new patch going to cause any problems with the port?
"
Warhaul wrote:
Is this new patch going to cause any problems with the port?

No, it will not.
El Psy Congroo.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info