[OSX] Unofficial Path of Exile port - 30/12/2018 status update

Alright did a complete download and install and the auras are still not showing up properly which leads me to believe the other issues are going to be there as well. Going to check the monkeys out now. Alright, monkeys are still invisible. Also I cannot get the game to go into full screen in the options or using the cmd+enter as suggested in the first post now. Going to give it a try in the config file in a minute.

I did notice that my Adapter option is greyed and stuck in Direct3d HAL. Shouldn't I be able to pick since the laptop has the Intel HD4000 and the Nvidia 650m?
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/36608
FAQ made through many hours of enduring global chat in Normal

Last edited by Dark0mens on Dec 2, 2012, 9:09:54 PM
Just downloaded the port then what? I've reached the point where I unload package contents and open wineskin, after that what do I do? Sorry for being a noob for this kind of stuff because I truly have no idea what I'm doing. Help :(
"
PoptartOnRye wrote:
I'm also having the stuttering/lagging graphic issue when loading new spells and or monsters. As it is, I die every time I come across a new unique monster. Are there any kind of graphic buffer settings in WINE? or maybe some sort of allocated RAM option? Maybe that could help with it?

Anyway, julus, your wrapper is finally working on my machine and it works fantastically (aside from the above issue) :)

thanks!

The stuttering is caused by Mac OS X kernel design, I have possible workaround, but I have to test it. Also you may try to use -gc 1 option, which forces to preload all graphics of the level, but it will significantly increase loading times between locations...

"
Dark0mens wrote:
Alright did a complete download and install and the auras are still not showing up properly which leads me to believe the other issues are going to be there as well. Going to check the monkeys out now. Alright, monkeys are still invisible. Also I cannot get the game to go into full screen in the options or using the cmd+enter as suggested in the first post now. Going to give it a try in the config file in a minute.

I did notice that my Adapter option is greyed and stuck in Direct3d HAL. Shouldn't I be able to pick since the laptop has the Intel HD4000 and the Nvidia 650m?

Invisible monkeys - wierd, never encountered that.
Missing skill effects - known issue, caused by wine itself and missing implementation. Can be fixed by using more recent wine version, but it also increase chance of graphic glitches.

Direct3D HAL - this is just abstract layer which comunicates with GPU. Nothing to worry about there.

Also, you have too recent configuration. The engine used is older than those graphics card, so it may be missing something, and may be the cause of inv. monkeys and not working full screen...

------------------------------------------------

Anyway,

I will try to test new wine version soon (couple of days), there was a lot of work done on GDI (fonts) and Direct3D code since my last try. Also I have wine-patch which may fix/decrease the stuttering, when encountering rare enemies...

If there will be no issues (graphic glitches), I will release new version.

Alright nice to hear. Thanks for the reply. Makes sense that I could be having graphics issues other then the inherent ones with newer cards if this wrapper precedes the graphics cards.

"
Dark0mens wrote:
Alright nice to hear. Thanks for the reply. Makes sense that I could be having graphics issues other then the inherent ones with newer cards if this wrapper precedes the graphics cards.

Also, if you wish to experiment with Wine engines, download Wineskin Winery. With Wineskin Winery you can dowload different Wineskin engines.

To change engine inside wrapper:

1) Right-click PoE.app and Show package contents.
2) Double-click Wineskin.app
3) Click Advanced, then click Tools tab and on the right you find Change Engine Used
4) Select the engine and let it install, takes a few seconds (the default engine in julus' wrapper is WS9WineCX11.2.0)

Testing different engines takes patience but can solve the issues you have.

I have good experiences for example with WS9Wine1.4.1, you could check that first, and then move on if necessary.

As julus said, the fact that PoE says your graphic adapter is DIrect3d Hal shouldn't make difference as Wine probably detects your VRam correctly anyway.

EDIT In addition, I tried out the latest AMDSpeedHack engines (for ATI cards), and still the mouse pointer disappears. While the game speeds up a bit, playing with invisible pointer is no good.
Last edited by krifFinn on Dec 3, 2012, 12:11:57 PM
I'm also getting invisible monkeys, Also invisible vaal crane like things (I forget what they are called XD) and the vaal oversoul is also invisible on my client.
Julius's path of exile wine bundle for mac here: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/48708/page/1
"
thepadowan wrote:
Just downloaded the port then what? I've reached the point where I unload package contents and open wineskin, after that what do I do? Sorry for being a noob for this kind of stuff because I truly have no idea what I'm doing. Help :(

You have downloaded the wrapper, then mounted disk image and moved PoE.app to Applications folder? Then double-click Path of Exile.app and it should begin installing...
"
krifFinn wrote:
"
Dark0mens wrote:

Also, if you wish to experiment with Wine engines, download Wineskin Winery. With Wineskin Winery you can dowload different Wineskin engines.

To change engine inside wrapper:

1) Right-click PoE.app and Show package contents.
2) Double-click Wineskin.app
3) Click Advanced, then click Tools tab and on the right you find Change Engine Used
4) Select the engine and let it install, takes a few seconds (the default engine in julus' wrapper is WS9WineCX11.2.0)

Testing different engines takes patience but can solve the issues you have.

I have good experiences for example with WS9Wine1.4.1, you could check that first, and then move on if necessary.

As julus said, the fact that PoE says your graphic adapter is DIrect3d Hal shouldn't make difference as Wine probably detects your VRam correctly anyway.

EDIT In addition, I tried out the latest AMDSpeedHack engines (for ATI cards), and still the mouse pointer disappears. While the game speeds up a bit, playing with invisible pointer is no good.

I am also using WS9Wine1.4.1 with very few, if any problems. However when I tried to use WS9WineCX11.2.0 I ran into some of the problems Dark0mens describes.
Last edited by TorridYokel on Dec 3, 2012, 9:10:36 PM
Yeah 1.4.1 engine fixed the graphics issues for the auras and curses, now to find some pesky monkeys. Well I can see the monkeys now too. Although now I get some occasional FPS drops now. Guess I will keep playing around with the various engines and see what works out the best.

Last edited by Dark0mens on Dec 3, 2012, 11:03:19 PM
Julus a fix would be so awesome! I've been using gc -1 the whole time, but the 1.4.1 engine is quite a big improvement. Thanks for the heads up!
Last edited by PoptartOnRye on Dec 4, 2012, 12:50:40 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info