Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

0.11.4 Skill Details: Reave

I for one dont think the bonus reset when using other skills will be an issue.
if it builds up area fast enough.

in any case i think avoiding using other skills for this bonus would be a mistake. the bonus is meant to go away somtimes you just have to build it back up. makes it fun.

its viability will all depend on damage. if the damage is high enough to offset inconsistant aoe it'll be fine.

What would be cool is if damage bonus had an inverse relationship to aoe. so when you max the aoe effect it'd do 20% less damage or somthing. then it would give you a reason to exploit the reset effect for higher single target damage.
Yeah I don't see the AOE reset thing being a problem yet. We really need to see how it plays out in the game before we can say much. Till then it's all speculation.

Seems like if the skill is designed well and your character is properly built to compliment that skill, all should be well...

Jeez I cant fucking wait. ^That inverse relationship you mentioned sounds really cool. One of the fav thing's I've read here yet. Sounds practical. Im wondering about the 'on hit effects' they mentioned the skill was geared towards. I can only think of life/mana gain on hit (or leech). What else is there?
Last edited by pr0fesser on Aug 8, 2013, 8:32:13 AM
coming out next week right?
The rest of the 'end-game' content will be available along with a heap of new stuff when the game launches in a few months time. From what I've seen it's going to be awesome. - Michael_GGG
Claws are already Overpowered. Just did a 73map (-max res, ele reflect, Monster damage, extra lightning) with a Level 70 (!!!!) claw ranger with 2600 life. Gear worth of 5-10 exalteds.

/edit
didnt die a single time

just dropped, ilvl 75 so i will start a Little craft now... hehe

after 20x Alteration
Spoiler

If Reave will hit like a truck, i know the new OP build...
Last edited by xdjamakx on Aug 9, 2013, 1:30:09 PM
Funny. Most people would say claws are 'underpowered.' The life leech can be crazy in some situations and seem OP perhaps... but claws still need some love. Not too many skills for em.

And you stopped crafting that so soon?
Last edited by pr0fesser on Aug 9, 2013, 5:44:58 PM
"
xdjamakx wrote:

My guess is that it will have about 70% damage effectiveness and will alternate weapons on dual-wield, so it won't be OP versus single target. The AoE could ramp up to screen-clearing silliness though with enough hits though.
"
pr0fesser wrote:
Funny. Most people would say claws are 'underpowered.' The life leech can be crazy in some situations and seem OP perhaps...

If a lvl70 Ranger with Gear worth of 5-10x Exalted can facetank a 73ish Mapboss (48%LL + Bloodseeker), yeah i think thats pretty OP. Cant do it with any other of my Chars, whiche are geared WAY better then this.

"
pr0fesser wrote:
Not too many skills for em

Yes but will Change soon as we know now... =)

"
pr0fesser wrote:
And you stopped crafting that so soon?

Moved out to friends yesterday, tablesoccer, beer, chicks... And im out of crafting currency, only exalteds in my stash left =/

"
Incompetent wrote:
"
xdjamakx wrote:

My guess is that it will have about 70% damage effectiveness and will alternate weapons on dual-wield, so it won't be OP versus single target. The AoE could ramp up to screen-clearing silliness though with enough hits though.

Cleave is already a silly range, +40%with passive, +40% from supportgem, +20% carcass jack.... was able to hit the entire Screen with cleave.
Last edited by xdjamakx on Aug 10, 2013, 4:51:40 AM
"
xdjamakx wrote:
"
pr0fesser wrote:
Funny. Most people would say claws are 'underpowered.' The life leech can be crazy in some situations and seem OP perhaps...

If a lvl70 Ranger with Gear worth of 5-10x Exalted can facetank a 73ish Mapboss (48%LL + Bloodseeker), yeah i think thats pretty OP. Cant do it with any other of my Chars, whiche are geared WAY better then this.

Life leech is still capped from your max life. You just generate your 20% regen cap faster then with just a life leech gem.

Last edited by fgcewoud on Aug 10, 2013, 3:16:00 PM
i'm 99.9% sure this skill will alternate weapons when u dual wield. if u read the main post it says "including dual wielding". from this wording, it's obvious that u can use it in one hand + shield which in turns means that it's not hitting with both weapons at the same time :(
My Build http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/496321
Gear shops thread: 486133 and 460916
Jewelry shop thread: 512124
IGN: Elyf
"
fgcewoud wrote:
"
xdjamakx wrote:
"
pr0fesser wrote:

Life leech is still capped from your max life. You just generate your 20% regen cap faster then with just a life leech gem.

Instant Lifeleech from bloodseeker (like vaal pact), without sacrificing my 12% Life/sec... (as vaal pact would do)
Last edited by xdjamakx on Aug 11, 2013, 2:01:31 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info