0.9.11m Patch Notes

The mouse response is awesome tbh. It feels so smooth now. This will truly also be very effective in PvP, just like it should be.

I think there's also a delay when you are interacting with items, between stash and your inventory/character slots. So I hope there can be some solution to that as well.

Keep up the great work!
Onslaught League: KoleStoleMyVirginity, Witch 54
Sweet - thanks guys! excited about the graphics change...
--- IGN: Mootieman, Duelist
"
Grom wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
Version 0.9.11m
  • Added a Texture Quality setting in the graphical options. This defaults to Medium on 32 bit systems. If you get "Out of Memory" or "Unable to Map File" errors while playing, please set it to Medium to conserve memory.

This means that errors "Out of Memory" or "Unable to Map File" corrected ?

Yes - please let us know if it has helped.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
"
"
anubite wrote:
"
skateblind wrote:
They have still not addressed the issue of a character taking damage during a loading screen which has caused a lot of deaths for some of us.

If invulnerability or something new needs to be coded, then my suggestion would be to simply stop enemies from being able to 'see you' or be aware of you. You can use the same line of sight function that I guess has already been made for enemies.

This is a big problem for HC or high level SC characters and I feel it should have already been 'fixed' or changed.

There is a 10 second I think invulnerability period when you enter an arae. If your client is not giving you the ability to act in time for that timer to wear off, then you have massive load-time issues.

Perhaps the invulnerability timer could be compensated for your computer's load time? Is there any way for GGG to find out a client's average load time and adjust the invuln timer accordingly?

I think an easy solution would be to keep invulnerability as long as you don't move, attack, or open any menus.

mmm I don´t know, for example you are in a party so enter an area and the other player go to kill some mob.. when he is in problem came to you and maybe the mobs attack him, and with the invulnerability....

but if the toon with aura can´t pull any mob attack.. maybe with that it´s a good idea
Wise words buff -> balance <- nerf , need to happen , deal with it
Last edited by PabloCappone on Aug 28, 2012, 7:09:24 AM
"
anubite wrote:

There is a 10 second I think invulnerability period when you enter an arae. If your client is not giving you the ability to act in time for that timer to wear off, then you have massive load-time issues.

Perhaps the invulnerability timer could be compensated for your computer's load time? Is there any way for GGG to find out a client's average load time and adjust the invuln timer accordingly?

The timer isn't long enough for me. In cutthroat, I would lose life before I finished loading.

The problem isn't the duration of the timer. The timer should start when you trully finished loading, if GGG can't detect such a thing easily, I think waiting for the first player action is a good compromise.
Build of the week #2 : http://tinyurl.com/ce75gf4
do you plan add "low" option in near feature too ? :)
http://poetools.com/ - PATH OF EXILE TOOLS
"
Chris wrote:
Version 0.9.11m
  • Added a Texture Quality setting in the graphical options. This defaults to Medium on 32 bit systems. If you get "Out of Memory" or "Unable to Map File" errors while playing, please set it to Medium to conserve memory.
  • We've improved the responsiveness of moving while holding down the mouse button. It should now be as responsive as moving by clicking.
  • Shadow characters now receive the choice of the Phase Run skill gem as a level 4 quest reward.

Phase run.. What about giving them early access to Lightning Strike?!

But looks like a great patch, need to check this better movement when holding down key when I get back home.

Last edited by Torin on Aug 28, 2012, 9:03:00 AM
"
Chris wrote:
Version 0.9.11m
  • We've improved the responsiveness of moving while holding down the mouse button. It should now be as responsive as moving by clicking.
  • Shadow characters now receive the choice of the Phase Run skill gem as a level 4 quest reward.

Yohoho no more dumb crashes because of that "unable to map file" D:
I haven't had any problems with the crashes, but I still feel that the game has improved notably in area changes (maybe not in loadtime as much as in responsiveness after areachange). I have also been able to play the game for an hour without crashing because of overheating, but that might just be a coincidense.
I still have significant problems with controlling FPS even through an external FPS-limiter. It has periods of about 5 seconds where FPS pushes 70 when I run a limiter at 30 and my standard FPS is myandering about 15-25. I have not been able to find out why or when this happens. It seems relatively "random" and it doesn't follow latency or frame time afaik.
I appear to be living in "Romance Standard Time". That has to be good! :)
"
"
anubite wrote:
"
skateblind wrote:
They have still not addressed the issue of a character taking damage during a loading screen which has caused a lot of deaths for some of us.

If invulnerability or something new needs to be coded, then my suggestion would be to simply stop enemies from being able to 'see you' or be aware of you. You can use the same line of sight function that I guess has already been made for enemies.

This is a big problem for HC or high level SC characters and I feel it should have already been 'fixed' or changed.

I think an easy solution would be to keep invulnerability as long as you don't move, attack, or open any menus.

I am talking about when you are leaving an area, not entering one. If you use a portal, waypoint or exit then you do not get invulnerability at all as far as I can tell. The game will load the new area while the area you are already in stays active. A enemy can have time to walk to your location and kill you while you are trying to leave.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info