0.9.11m Patch Notes

"
anubite wrote:
"
skateblind wrote:
They have still not addressed the issue of a character taking damage during a loading screen which has caused a lot of deaths for some of us.

If invulnerability or something new needs to be coded, then my suggestion would be to simply stop enemies from being able to 'see you' or be aware of you. You can use the same line of sight function that I guess has already been made for enemies.

This is a big problem for HC or high level SC characters and I feel it should have already been 'fixed' or changed.

There is a 10 second I think invulnerability period when you enter an arae. If your client is not giving you the ability to act in time for that timer to wear off, then you have massive load-time issues.

Perhaps the invulnerability timer could be compensated for your computer's load time? Is there any way for GGG to find out a client's average load time and adjust the invuln timer accordingly?

I think an easy solution would be to keep invulnerability as long as you don't move, attack, or open any menus.
I played in Act 2 tonight with sound on and didn't crash! I think it's working! :-D The game looks just fine with the 32-bit textures.

Combat definitely feels more responsive with faster mouse polling.
Open beta is still BETA.
Last edited by MorriganGrey on Aug 28, 2012, 2:18:45 AM
I'm using a 32 bit system (4GB RAM), am using maximum texture settings, and never ran into "out of memory" problems. Could it be because I ran the "bcedit /set increaseuserva 3072" command some time back?

Also, thank you for this patch, I'm sure the game will feel more responsive now.
Ever since this patch my game has been EXTREMELY laggy even in the launcher. I have reinstalled the game, changed all graphics settings and still no results.
"
Roman0 wrote:
I'm using a 32 bit system (4GB RAM), am using maximum texture settings, and never ran into "out of memory" problems. Could it be because I ran the "bcedit /set increaseuserva 3072" command some time back?

Also, thank you for this patch, I'm sure the game will feel more responsive now.

Yes, but we couldn't recommend this as a solution to everyone, of course :) The game must work "out of the box", ideally.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Nice patch, great job! - Really like the movement now!
Danskere: PM mig, hvis I har brug for en guild.
"
Chris wrote:
Yes, but we couldn't recommend this as a solution to everyone, of course :) The game must work "out of the box", ideally.

Ah, that's understandable. I was just curious, because I did it for some other game, and wasn't sure if this is why PoE works fine with textures set on maximum.
"
Chris wrote:
Version 0.9.11m
  • Added a Texture Quality setting in the graphical options. This defaults to Medium on 32 bit systems. If you get "Out of Memory" or "Unable to Map File" errors while playing, please set it to Medium to conserve memory.

This means that errors "Out of Memory" or "Unable to Map File" corrected ?
http://path-of-exile.pl Polska strona

http://poestatistics.com Ladder statistics
I'm not able to start the game. Says "The pack file has corruption that can be fixed by running reclamation"
I think it's because of the new patch
(edit:I haven't downloaded the new patch)
The lions sing and the hills take flight.
The moon by day, and the sun by night.
Blind woman, deaf man, jackdaw fool.
Let the Lord of Chaos rule.
Last edited by Kaeve on Aug 28, 2012, 4:39:39 AM
Those 2 were main errors out of 3 for me, good patch for win32 users.

One thing what i've been thinking all the time, why are item names shown before charcters and mobs? Its quite weird to run on the items but item text are show on my char and i need to run under the item names :S Is it going to be changed or ? Cus when theres really much items on the ground their names are levitating over the chars and monsters and theres no chance that you can see something when you look items.
Last edited by lmxxl on Aug 28, 2012, 4:55:02 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info