[2.0]Rathik's NEWBIE FRIENDLY FUN&CHEAP FARMER, DPS Summoner. High AOE DMG, SURVIVAL."The Matriarch"

edit: nvm, found all info's i need in the previous posts, free bump for nice guide.
PvP Team Omniscient

IGN: aBearTrap / AnExplosiveArrow

[quote="MullaXul"]ICU + alpha, bad idea[/quote]
Last edited by tempallo on Mar 10, 2014, 11:34:43 AM
ok so I've got few problems, so here it is. I've been running through whole game without problems, my setup was zombies + minion damage + minion life + item rarity, EK + faster projectiles + faster casting + added fire. So until ACT3 merciless it was very smooth with very few problems, once I reached A3 merciless, I switched to zombies + multistrike + melee splash + minion life/damage/rarity, and I died in act3 beginning more times than I died in a whole game, it just looks like a3 monsters are just absolute disaster for summoners, those throwing poison bombs or snakes, both aoe, they just drop insanely fast zombies, I don't understand what is the problem, I even cast enfeeble all the time and still... Is it that switch that is killing me or is it act3 merci just tough ? I must say that this is on ambush, and i dont have quality gems, all gems are ~15lvl
What's made leveling incredibly easy for me so far is early rejuv totem. It's healing keeps zombies and skeleton's up for the most part to keep smashing. I lose maybe 1 skele every 10 minutes or so unless I run into crazy aoe or something.
"
jwstyle wrote:
ok so I've got few problems, so here it is. I've been running through whole game without problems, my setup was zombies + minion damage + minion life + item rarity, EK + faster projectiles + faster casting + added fire. So until ACT3 merciless it was very smooth with very few problems, once I reached A3 merciless, I switched to zombies + multistrike + melee splash + minion life/damage/rarity, and I died in act3 beginning more times than I died in a whole game, it just looks like a3 monsters are just absolute disaster for summoners, those throwing poison bombs or snakes, both aoe, they just drop insanely fast zombies, I don't understand what is the problem, I even cast enfeeble all the time and still... Is it that switch that is killing me or is it act3 merci just tough ? I must say that this is on ambush, and i dont have quality gems, all gems are ~15lvl
Auras? Zombies HP? Skilltree and gear(at least gear that have +minion properties on it)?

"
Raist_0 wrote:
I've respec my wander with this build and found it extremely funny.
I also know that its zombie based, but, with the nerf to BM, which are the best spectre now? And what about gems linked with RS? IIQ is still viable?
Evangelists. And remember you dont have to fight them to raise them, you just wp to sceptre of god and desecrate some nice ready-to-use corpses :)
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
"
silumit wrote:
"
jwstyle wrote:
Auras? Zombies HP? Skilltree and gear(at least gear that have +minion properties on it)?

auras only clarity, now i should get reduced mana nodes in a few levels, but already considering between reduced mana nodes + 2nd aura or dual curse node, tough call. Zombies has 2.5k hp WITHOUT minion life gem, with gem it's 3.1k, wow very good idea about + to minion level, how i didn't think about that :D +1 level would keep zombies hp as they would have minion life gem, i'll probably corrupt ullr boots. My skilltree is exactly as in guide and gear

Last edited by jwstyle on Mar 11, 2014, 5:55:03 AM
This build still viable in new hc league?
"
jwstyle wrote:
"
silumit wrote:
"
jwstyle wrote:

auras only clarity, now i should get reduced mana nodes in a few levels, but already considering between reduced mana nodes + 2nd aura or dual curse node, tough call. Zombies has 2.5k hp WITHOUT minion life gem, with gem it's 3.1k, wow very good idea about + to minion level, how i didn't think about that :D +1 level would keep zombies hp as they would have minion life gem, i'll probably corrupt ullr boots. My skilltree is exactly as in guide and gear

I've been running this build and just hit Merciless Act III as well, but haven't had any problems yet. One of the issues I see is no Discipline aura. Discipline adds an energy shield to your minions which really helps their survivability. It definitely made a noticeable difference between having it and not having it.

it's all good now, got rid off boots, changed helmet to +2 minion level, changed shield, now all resists maxed, and zombies very rarely die, i can't have discipline aura cause i would have to drop clarity, and i can't do that
Last edited by jwstyle on Mar 11, 2014, 10:35:08 PM
What do you need clarity for? Usually not casting enough spells to warrant it, and a Mana Flask for re-summoning dead Zombies is usually fine.
With Discipline you won't need to resummon zombies often, so you can drop Clarity and use one mana flask, it should be enough.
And why did you change the boots, Bones of Ullr are really good for this build.
"
but already considering between reduced mana nodes + 2nd aura or dual curse node, tough call
Imho dual curse is generally nothing compared to dual/triple aura.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info