[2.0]Rathik's NEWBIE FRIENDLY FUN&CHEAP FARMER, DPS Summoner. High AOE DMG, SURVIVAL."The Matriarch"

"
Enque wrote:
Okey, I got through normal with ease but when I reached cruel my minions die very fast in the first zone, can't really clear anything in cruel atm. I'm 31 atm.

My current gear. I know its pretty bad and the links aren't ideal but where should I look first to change things up so I could actually kill things. (I got melee splash and spell totem in stash and can use them once I lvl up and can take str note.)
Spoiler

EK + Faster casting + Added fire damage + Life Leech/Faster Projectiles/Mana Leech
Hatred + Clarity + Reduced Mana

Do this, it will make your life easier. Replace hatred with Purity aura if you need resistance that will also help zombies as well.

At least get EK+faster casting+added fire. Then later you can get one of the others for 4th.
If enough mana regen Faster projectiles for dps, LL if you need increase survival.

I know I'm not Rath, but he has all that info posted. EK(etheral Knives) works really well
and you will be using it for awhile to help clear.

Last edited by Nyaveria on Dec 7, 2013, 7:31:50 PM
"
Nyaveria wrote:
"
Enque wrote:
Okey, I got through normal with ease but when I reached cruel my minions die very fast in the first zone, can't really clear anything in cruel atm. I'm 31 atm.

My current gear. I know its pretty bad and the links aren't ideal but where should I look first to change things up so I could actually kill things. (I got melee splash and spell totem in stash and can use them once I lvl up and can take str note.)
Spoiler

EK + Faster casting + Added fire damage + Life Leech/Faster Projectiles/Mana Leech

Do this, it will make your life easier. Replace hatred with Purity aura if you need resistance that will also help zombies as well.

At least get EK+faster casting+added fire. Then later you can get one of the others for 4th.
If enough mana regen Faster projectiles for dps, LL if you need increase survival.

I know I'm not Rath, but he has all that info posted. EK(etheral Knives) works really well

+1

I actually appreciate correct answers from other players more than you know :).
IGN Riokar | My guides
[2.0]Non legacy Mjölner. Uber down. -thread/1474288
[2.0]Shatter Chuck Lite COC -thread/1324981
[2.0]SRS Magic Find Culler. Uber capable. /w budged build -thread/1406603
[2.0]NEWBIE MF/DPS Summoner -thread/479976 | Power leveling guide -thread/522556
Last edited by Rathik2 on Dec 7, 2013, 10:14:35 PM
An alternative route that I did, was I combined his leveling section in the OP with a splash of his power leveling guide which you can find in Rathik2's signature. I actually used a bow until level 50, which was when I felt comfortable with using EK with correct linkage. Why? I preferred the additional range of split arrows/rain of arrows, thus keeping me out of harms way whilst still being squishy. Meanwhile, I ensured that I was also leveling the proper gems for my minions as well as EK.

At lvel 50, I was comfy with EK + aforementioned links augmenting my minion damage.

Rathik2 did mention that minions at lower (and even middle) levels aren't going to kill much and will die rather quickly. Now, I did still cast them; both to serve as decoy, as well as to learn how to use those damned things hehe.

Hopefully, you are still life based, and haven't gone CI yet. I didn't really look at your gear, but at level 30 you should still be looking for armor/life, imo.

I don't know if the route I took at lower/mid levels would meet with Rathik2's approval; BUT, there is actually room in his guides for personal ingenuity/creativity depending on personal funds/gear/game experience. His guides do represent the most efficient way tho, hehehe.
17/04/2021 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3082616/page/1
"We tell people that Path of Exile league starts are a fair playing field for everyone, and we need to actually make sure that is the reality."

A BLATANT LIE by the HMFIIC.
Perhaps GGG should consider a leadership change.
Last edited by Bjorn_Angannon on Dec 8, 2013, 1:29:29 AM
400 thousand views mark.
IGN Riokar | My guides
[2.0]Non legacy Mjölner. Uber down. -thread/1474288
[2.0]Shatter Chuck Lite COC -thread/1324981
[2.0]SRS Magic Find Culler. Uber capable. /w budged build -thread/1406603
[2.0]NEWBIE MF/DPS Summoner -thread/479976 | Power leveling guide -thread/522556
"
Nyaveria wrote:
"
Enque wrote:

Spoiler

Well I got myself EK+faster casting+added fire and that does like 0 damage. Is it because they are all lvl 1 gems still or is there something else wrong? :P

//hmm, I used linked faster casting+spelltotem+summon skeletons and doing much better actually.

Thanks for the help anyway. :)
Last edited by Enque on Dec 8, 2013, 5:22:50 AM
"
Rathik2 wrote:
"
xenochaos1 wrote:
"
All party members share the same quantity modifier. Players add their item quantity modifiers together and any modifiers from maps, and each player after the first adds a bonus +50% to the party. Increased item rarity modifiers are only counted from the player who lands the killing blow.

hello, i just read this on the wiki and now i am confused,
so i do understand that the IIR that applied is the one to land the killing blow,

BUT for the IIQ:
1-
"
Players add their item quantity modifiers together

this mean if every player has 50% quantity (exemple 3 players) we will have 150% IIQ together?

2-
"
and each player after the first adds a bonus +50% to the party.

so if we are 3 in the team, there is 2 more then the first player so we get an other 100% IIQ? (50*2)

3-
and the total IIQ will be 150+100?=250 IIQ? or did i understand wrong?

Each players adds 50% IIQ on the monsters, not on you. Total 250%. If the culler has 50% then it will be 300%.

Just to be clear,

if i go do dominus with 5 people waiting at the entrance and i kill it myself with 350IIR / 0IIQ
dominus will drop items likes if it was 350IIR / 250IIQ?
SHOP : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/682434
Rathik2 what is better 8 ress or skill point from normal bandits?
"
Enque wrote:

Well I got myself EK+faster casting+added fire and that does like 0 damage. Is it because they are all lvl 1 gems still or is there something else wrong? :P

//hmm, I used linked faster casting+spelltotem+summon skeletons and doing much better actually.

Thanks for the help anyway. :)

It's because they are level 1.
Why should i get Spell damage on weapon, how does spell damage help me?
"
bogdyar wrote:
Why should i get Spell damage on weapon, how does spell damage help me?

Because the affix is "spell damage + mana," and you want mana.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info