[2.0]Rathik's NEWBIE FRIENDLY FUN&CHEAP FARMER, DPS Summoner. High AOE DMG, SURVIVAL."The Matriarch"

"
toyotatundra wrote:
"
weaslz wrote:
how do you compensate for the low armour in this build?

With a godly Vaal Regalia.

Enfeeble, temporal chains and 20 minions to hide behind from.
The chances of you getting targeted directly from a monster when 20 minions are up is 5%.
IGN Riokar | My guides
[2.0]Non legacy Mjölner. Uber down. -thread/1474288
[2.0]Shatter Chuck Lite COC -thread/1324981
[2.0]SRS Magic Find Culler. Uber capable. /w budged build -thread/1406603
[2.0]NEWBIE MF/DPS Summoner -thread/479976 | Power leveling guide -thread/522556
Last edited by Rathik2 on Dec 9, 2013, 2:16:39 PM
5.8k ES with discipline, 4,2k without (CI). Cannot run discipline+hatred+purity, but i can run hatred instead of discipline (purity is must have as i found andvarius). Is 4,2k es a bit too low even for a summoner (softcore at least, still prefer not to die)? Auras wont help minions if i have to stay way too far behind.
ign DivineRapierMedusa
Last edited by eckart on Dec 9, 2013, 3:41:01 PM
I have around 4,7k ES when using shield (i.e. when not IIR-spiking by switching to Reaper's). I have so far only reached lvl 70 maps due to bad drops, but running them is fine if you just watch your map mods. I usually try to stay out of +90%+ damage mods as well as burning ground since it saps minions quicker. These maps are still perfectly possible, but if you want efficient farming they are not optimal (at least not with my play style).

I'm maxed out on resistances even without Purity, but since my gems are only lvl 18, I still keep it on to help my minions out. Other aura is Dicipline. I've never run Clarity. Guess my mana regen is sufficient as is. I prefer to have a little bit bigger mana pool so that I can summon 3 zombies at once should they die suddenly.

I'm going to try to spec into three auras, meaning adding Hatred in a few more levels when I can grab those reduced reservation nodes. Or simply switching Purity for Hatred, especially on lower level maps where survivability is fine anyways.

Even with worse ES (around 3,5k) doing initial maps (66-68) went fine for me. As Rathik said, you don't get targeted by mobs very often if you have your meat wall up. You can still hang around in the near vicinity so that most of your mobs gain the aura benefit. I die very rarely. If I die it's usually to some kind of jumping enemy that crowds me while I'm frozen.

Last edited by Bizze79 on Dec 9, 2013, 5:08:35 PM
yeah think so too most of the time its not a big deal its just that i doubt i'll be able to stay near my minions against, say, temple piety with 4,2k es
ign DivineRapierMedusa
That could be true. I haven't managed to get to her yet, but as Rathik mentioned, there is a special strategy to tackle her with using minion bombs instead, and equipping lots of lightning resist.

I'll tackle that when I get to it. In open beta I had LOADS of trouble with the Jungle Valley map with a different character, and I'm not looking forward to try it with this build either... I guess that for any build there are always a few bosses that you want to avoid or be VERY restrictive when it comes to map mods.
Hey Rathik, thanks for making the time to write and update this guide!

I have a question though, how well does the summoner scale with better gear? I really like the concept of a summoner, but if I find a really nice item I WANT to feel a lot stronger. So how well does the damage of your minions scale with your gear?
"
Bizze79 wrote:
I have around 4,7k ES when using shield (i.e. when not IIR-spiking by switching to Reaper's). I have so far only reached lvl 70 maps due to bad drops, but running them is fine if you just watch your map mods. I usually try to stay out of +90%+ damage mods as well as burning ground since it saps minions quicker. These maps are still perfectly possible, but if you want efficient farming they are not optimal (at least not with my play style).

I'm maxed out on resistances even without Purity, but since my gems are only lvl 18, I still keep it on to help my minions out. Other aura is Dicipline. I've never run Clarity. Guess my mana regen is sufficient as is. I prefer to have a little bit bigger mana pool so that I can summon 3 zombies at once should they die suddenly.

I'm going to try to spec into three auras, meaning adding Hatred in a few more levels when I can grab those reduced reservation nodes. Or simply switching Purity for Hatred, especially on lower level maps where survivability is fine anyways.

Even with worse ES (around 3,5k) doing initial maps (66-68) went fine for me. As Rathik said, you don't get targeted by mobs very often if you have your meat wall up. You can still hang around in the near vicinity so that most of your mobs gain the aura benefit. I die very rarely. If I die it's usually to some kind of jumping enemy that crowds me while I'm frozen.

+1
IGN Riokar | My guides
[2.0]NEWBIE MF/DPS Summoner -thread/479976 | Power leveling guide -thread/522556
"
Firewolx wrote:
Hey Rathik, thanks for making the time to write and update this guide!

I have a question though, how well does the summoner scale with better gear? I really like the concept of a summoner, but if I find a really nice item I WANT to feel a lot stronger. So how well does the damage of your minions scale with your gear?

You need uniques and/or +2 helmet.
A level 20/20 zombie is really strong, try to get that first.
IGN Riokar | My guides
That's not temple piety in the screen shots. It's either Lunaris or 77 shrine. 71 temple is crematorium piety.
Anarchy/Onslaught T shirt
Domination/Nemesis T shirt
Tempest/War Bands T shirt
I'm in Nemesis right now with 7 Zombies and 2 Spectres. I'm level 73 and my minions are literally impossible to keep alive.

I can keep the Spectres alive no problem, but the zombies are just death after death.

My gems are all 20% but they're only level 16~ or so. There aren't higher gems available to buy in Nemesis, so I'm stuck levelling them myself.

Any recommendations? My passive tree has all the minion nodes that are recommended aside from the 3x Minion Damage + Extra Zombie/Skeleton node.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info