Death Penalty Changes in 0.11.3

A watered down death penalty also really devalues gear

Part of what makes the game interesting is finding great gear.

Why do you want great gear? So you can kill faster and die less.

If dying is no big deal that really takes one of the major good things about gear away. What's the point of high life, high resists, high chaos resist, if nothing defensive matters because death is no big deal?
"
Zaqwert wrote:
A watered down death penalty also really devalues gear

Part of what makes the game interesting is finding great gear.

Why do you want great gear? So you can kill faster and die less.

If dying is no big deal that really takes one of the major good things about gear away. What's the point of high life, high resists, high chaos resist, if nothing defensive matters because death is no big deal?

LOL, It wont make gear worth less. People in softcore dont neccesarily play high defensive builds. From what ive seen most side with a dps build with defensive attributes here and there on gear, in the tree. Most do pretty well.
Make Things For Smile!
Last edited by AdzPoE on Jul 25, 2013, 11:19:52 PM
I've seriously been considering taking 2 weeks away from PoE to play pokemon red, blue, yellow, gold, silver and crystal on gameboy colour! Dire state of affairs, something has to be done GGG!
Make Things For Smile!
Last edited by AdzPoE on Jul 25, 2013, 11:25:46 PM
3 and 8 is good choice but im no problem with 15 or 30 penalty at all if DESYNC IS FIXED!
what killing me is only the DESYNC not the mobs
IGN : Marhe
Great work, GGG
"
Mooginator wrote:
Do NOT steal their time, energy, and effort. Until GGG understands this, PoE will have a lot of churn and fail to keep the retention that it could as players will abandon the game because they feel they can’t have fun building their high level characters anymore. That’s why I quit playing my L80+ characters. That’s why a lot of people have quit and will continue to quit.

Quoting this because that's exactly like how and many other feels.

Thanks for the reduction tho, cruel at 7.5% was definitely not as annoying so 8% looks ok but it's probably still too high for lvl 90+. TBH I would rather have no exp loss at the cost of increasing the exp needed to level by X if you really want lvl 100 to be hard to reach.
Tech guy
Well at first I was sort of disgusted because I thought since this game was free to play they wouldn't have to listen to the CareBear masses that are completely ruining gaming these days, then I thought about it and the standard league is pretty much a practice league anyways at this point. Anarchy shouldn't be changed though. If this is the route this game is going to go and listen to the crybabies of the world, I'm no longer going to buy things and support the game with anymore money. The fact that these players don't lose everything is reward enough in anarchy. Try losing a high level character or 5 to de sync and not getting a do over then come crying that 15 percent is too much. Time for a break from path of exile. I'll come back when beta is over maybe. Thanks for the fun times up until now. Lame. Or maybe I should cry loud enough that each account should be able to resurrect a hardcore character 5 times on their account because I don't think it's fair I lose a month of time due to things like de sync that are out of control of the player.
Best results as Ranger
rank 29 (1 Hr Lethal TI Solo (S02E148))
rank 40 (2 Hr Fixed Seed Solo (S02E249))
rank 49 (1 Hour BLAMT Solo (S02E258))
Last edited by Zazzaro703 on Jul 26, 2013, 12:33:54 AM
What are you complaining? The game allows each player to choose what he likes.

For painful penalties go to Hardcore league and get what you want.
For challenging loot join/create FFA party and get what you want.

Nice and simple.
Why such a dramatic change? What's wrong with 5%/10%?

Those are nice round numbers and reduce the penatly.

At 3/8 the reduction to the penalty is

60% and 46% respectively.

I mean let's face it, if they go to 3/8 they'll NEVER make it higher than that ever again.

Can you picture the outrage if they tried to increase it??

I say go to 5/10 and re-evalutate, if you want to go to 3/8 later you can.

Going to 3/8 too hasitily is a bad idea because they can never go back up again (they won't I mean).
"
Lester_Krau wrote:
What are you complaining? The game allows each player to choose what he likes.

For painful penalties go to Hardcore league and get what you want.
For challenging loot join/create FFA party and get what you want.

Nice and simple.

What about people that don't want to play hardcore but want a bit of challenge too?

I don't understand how people can not understand this and keep posting these dumb comments over and over again...
I'm in an abusive relationship with life. It keeps beating the hell out of me and I'm too cowardly to leave it.

IGN • NCPereira
STEAM • steamcommunity.com/id/NCPereira

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info