Unique Item List - 300 of 419

if i want to fish i go to my lake.
But i heared Gardening rocks ingame, so much fun.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcKqhDFhNHI
"
Heroofexile wrote:
cudos, something like this drives me away from a game.

i mean, trolling is only fun for the troll aka GGG.

either give solid infos like "yes fishing is available, good luck finding out how"
or just shut the fuck up. all those half assed infos suck.

why the hell should i waste days/weeks on finding something that is not confirmed?
sorry, no thx.

if game devs try to trick me to have a good laugh, i will spend my money elsewhere and have the last laugh.
Have you been paying attention at all? GGG has been trolling and keeping secrets for years. That's what we love about them.
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest
Wow.
That hero of exile guy is super mad right? I mean... what?

It's a unique that someone PAID A LOT OF MONEY to put in the game. It's not some super powerful unique that people will pay 100's of exalts for, that makes some build super legit.

It's not KOam's.
It's not Shavs
It's not insert stupidly op item that you will never see drop.
It's not even a mirror.

It's a gag. And this guy... This guy blows up in total nerd rage over it? I think I see his spittle on the inside of my monitor he's frothing so bad.

Dude. It's a game. It's meant to be enjoyment. It's meant to be something you do to unwind. It's meant to be entertainment. It's not so serious. It's not the end of the world that GGG let some guy use his turn in line to plop down a crapton of cash, and make a joke item.

You, and those like you mr rage monster, are what's wrong with gaming in today's age. You think that your money entitles you to something. Well, let me be the bearer of bad news. Your money, doesn't entitle you to ANYTHING other than what you have already gotten out of it. GGG isn't required to give, or tell you squat.

And your threat? It doesn't matter either. Go. Move on. Go to another game. Go back to WoW, or Diablo, or whatever other pay game you want to. Don't let the door hit ya, where mother nature split ya, so to speak.

Why don't you lead the exodus of frothy mouthed, entitlement ridden, smarmy mouthed players, and leave. Follow through on the threat.

People have no idea how much effort it takes to make a product. TO support the product. To update the product. To do all of this. And then, for someone to be as indignant, about a feature in a game that you have to pay ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO PLAY, and hold up your "Money" as though it has somehow bought you some extra voice, only shows what a shitheel you are being about the whole thing.

I'm sure GGG appreciates the money that you paid. I know they appreciate the money that I've paid. I'm sure they appreciate the money that this guy paid to have his unique put in the game. You know why it's there? Because he paid more than you, and he paid more than me. Period. End of discussion.

You aren't entitled to anything. Stop acting like it, and play the game for fun, or GTFO.
Last edited by shoju on Jan 8, 2014, 1:38:25 PM
"
shoju wrote:

It's a unique that someone PAID A LOT OF MONEY to put in the game. It's not some super powerful unique that people will pay 100's of exalts for, that makes some build super legit.

It has been said many times already that this unique wasn't player made, it was a GGG one.

Edit: Other than that, great post - i fully agree
Last edited by almostdead on Jan 8, 2014, 1:43:40 PM
"
almostdead wrote:
"
shoju wrote:

It has been said many times already that this unique wasn't player made, it was a GGG one.

Edit: Other than that, great post - i fully agree

Really? I must have missed that. I was under the impression that this was another Diamond Unique.

oh well, point still stands. It's a joke item, meant to be humorous. It's the Steescale Crushfish of PoE.
I may be mistaken, but I could have sworn I read CliveHowitzer making troll posts in the past about "Wait till you guys see my [troll] fishing Unique.", or something along those lines... >_<

Regardless, it's a joke/easter egg. And the "not telling", is part of the game's feel. No Recipes were told to players, save a few, the rest were left for the community to discover. Which is great fun and helps the commmunity come together and brainstorm.

This is just GGG's way of having fun with, and at, the community. :P
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest
Last edited by Sheriff_K on Jan 8, 2014, 4:32:06 PM
"
Sheriff_K wrote:
I may be mistaken, but I could have sworn I read CliveHowitzer making troll posts in the past about "Wait till you guys see my [troll] fishing Unique.", or something along those lines... >_<

Afaik GGG declined Clive's unique idea and as it's mentioned before in the thread rod is verified as a GGG unique.

"
Sheriff_K wrote:
Regardless, it's a joke/easter egg. And the "not telling", is part of the game's feel. No Recipes were told to players, save a few, the rest were left for the community to discover. Which is great fun and helps the commmunity come together and brainstorm.

I can't agree more, it's really hard for me to understand all the hate.
No longer a forum dweller, please use PM for contact purposes.
Truly, people and their character change dramatically with generations passing.

Imagine if people "raged" so much when they found out about the secret cow level in D2, because they got oh so "trolled" by Blizzard North for putting it in and "surrendering" to the "trolls" of D1 times who made you frustrated for clicking on a cow in hopes of a magical portal appearing.

Today, people are mad about an "Easter egg" being put into a game. They're mad that a unique item that they personally don't find useful or don't get the reference was put into a game.

I'm happy with both gotterdammerung reference and the unique fishing rod. One gave me a nostalgia trip, other showed that GGG is aware of what's happening in its games community and that they have a nice sense of humor. Both made me smile a bit.
My point is that I don't want these "easter eggs', Veil of Nights, etc dropping for me on my coward's trial runs. I think some other people feel that way too.

RNG is RNG. Why make it worse?
"
BearCares wrote:
My point is that I don't want these "easter eggs', Veil of Nights, etc dropping for me on my coward's trial runs. I think some other people feel that way too.

RNG is RNG. Why make it worse?

for fun.

it's a game, some elements are required to keep it that way.

i get it that SOME people find entertainment in a game only by constantly trying to be the "best" farming up to insane amounts of gear/etc

but other people want to have their comic relief, want to actually laugh at a troll drop and etc.

a game needs to cater to both.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info