Unique Item List - 300 of 419

"
lucksickle wrote:
"
Hrishi wrote:
My unique's effects should come of no surprise to anybody, as most of you have already seen the new keystone (Mind over Matter), which was based off my unique. That being said, can't wait till somebody finds it ingame!

Hey there, since you're behind this whole Mana Shield thing, few questions about "Mind over Matter":

1) How does it interact with degeneration effects?
2) How does it interact with damage mitigation? (armour/resists)
3) If I take a blow, but only have 28% of that damage in mana, what happens?
------(a) take full 100% damage as life, mana is intact
------(b) take 70% damage as life, mana goes to 0
------(c) take 72% damage as life, 28% as mana

1) It does not currently work with degen effects, not sure if they've planned to make it work at any point!

2) Armor/resists are applied before the damage split to life/mana happens.

3) It should be (c) unless anything was changed!

This was posted on reddit.
"
griD wrote:
Sup :)

Awesome, someone finally linked my unique. :D
"
ignarsoll wrote:

Really nice. I wonder which supporter is responsible for this?
No supporter, that's one of ours. We needed something which would interact well with rares/nemesis mods for the Nemesis league, and I suggested that something like this was possible - and then had to live with actually implementing it :P.

Several of us have been waiting for this one to be found, it's something of a favourite at the office. It's why I'll be starting a Nemesis character (I don't usually play hardcore, but I want this belt).

I don't know who did the flavour text for this one, but it's very cool.
"
DubSGG wrote:
I hope that if I ever die on my character that its right after killing a Nemesis Rare with Fractured.
I'm afraid Fractured and Soul Conduit don't work for players (yet?). You can't spawn a monster of the type without having a monster type, which players don't.

The "Volatile" series of mods will still blow you up though.
"
DubSGG wrote:
On another note, I don't seem to be receiving the nemesis mod when my totems kill a rare (im dual totem). Is this intentional?
That should work so far as I know, but it might not be following up the chain to find you. Will look into it on Monday - after the release crunch I'm not doing any work over the weekend, I need the break. Might be worth sending me a PM to find so that I remember when I get in.
Note that it gives the monster's mods, not just the nemesis mod - all the regular ones are up for grabs as well.

I'll be extremely disappointed if there aren't stories of crazy/cool things people have done with this in a few days :P
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Oct 25, 2013, 8:21:17 AM
"
"
To clarify the "Damage to enemies on Low Life", the "Enemies take x% increased damage" stat is a separate system to the player doing increased damage - If a monster takes 100% more damage and the player deals 100% more damage, they'll multiply to have the monster take four times more damage, rather than being adding to 200% increased damage dealt to the monster. It effectively becomes a 'more' without being described that way on the item. The only thing it currently stacks with is Vulnerability and Shock stacks.

Long story short, the "increased damage" mod on that ring is possibly multiplicative with the rest of your damage. However, the wording is slightly confusing - it doesn't necessarily say "damage to enemies" just "increased damage" - maybe it's like Le Heup and just means increased damage in general (which would not be additive with other "increased" modifiers rather than multiplicative). Would be great to have a dev clarify!

This has changed since the time Blood Dance was implemented. These stats are now additive with your other damage increases rather than increasing damage taken by the enemy.
"
"
To clarify the "Damage to enemies on Low Life", the "Enemies take x% increased damage" stat is a separate system to the player doing increased damage - If a monster takes 100% more damage and the player deals 100% more damage, they'll multiply to have the monster take four times more damage, rather than being adding to 200% increased damage dealt to the monster. It effectively becomes a 'more' without being described that way on the item. The only thing it currently stacks with is Vulnerability and Shock stacks.

Long story short, the "increased damage" mod on that ring is possibly multiplicative with the rest of your damage. However, the wording is slightly confusing - it doesn't necessarily say "damage to enemies" just "increased damage" - maybe it's like Le Heup and just means increased damage in general (which would not be additive with other "increased" modifiers rather than multiplicative). Would be great to have a dev clarify!
This is because your item got pushed through before we had a sytem to actually do what it does - we were working on said system at the time, but apparently your item was required to go in before then, so we had to cheat.
Since there was no way to provide "increased damage" bonuses that were conditional on something about the enemy rather than yourself, we had to instead make your item treat enemies as if they had a property saying they took increased damage (like shock). This is why the item used to say "Enemies on low life take % increased damage...".
Since implementing the actual system for conditional damage modifiers, all other such modifiers were done properly (since they waited until we could actually do them to go in), and at some point your item was changed to use the correct system, and now acts as a simply % increased damage modifier against a certain set of enemies.
You item was the only one which got pushed in before the actual system was in place, so was the only one ever affected by the somewhat hacky implementation we had to use to do that, and since it no longer does, this is not a thing which will ever happen again.

And for the record, if by some chance it had, it would not say just "% increased damage" like this does. If we implement something that increases damage taken by the enemy, it will explicitly say so, as your item used to. "increased damage" bonuses are always additive with other "increased damage" bonuses. They are (sort of) multiplicative with "increased damage taken" modifiers on the enemy, because those apply to different values (your damage you're trying to deal, and the damage they actually take after mitigation respectively).
"
Mokihiki wrote:
Doesn't this hugely impact the shock status effect?
No, it has absolutely no effect on shock. Shock always was, and still is, a modifier to damage taken. That has not changed. What changed is that Blood Dance was briefly implemented as an increase to damage taken (like shock), and later fixed when we had the current system. This had no effect on anything other than that one mod.
"
FaceLicker wrote:
Maybe my brain is working properly.. Can someone please explain to me how the Blood of the Karui with 30% reduced recovery speed is 4.3 seconds? and with 23% reduced speed ends up at 3.9 seconds?

Sanctified Life Flask has a base duration of 3 seconds.

3 * 1.3 = 3.9

3 * 1.23 = 3.6

I think there's some fail math going on somewhere.
The fail is that you're taking an amount of reduced speed, and trying to apply it as though it was increased duration. That doesn't make sense.
If you applied this logic at the extreme, you'd be saying that 100% reduced speed meant 100% increased duration:

3 * 2 = 6.

When in fact halving speed doubles duration, but taking away all of the speed means you can't have a duration (it's undefined). Something with 100% reduced speed has no speed, and thus makes no progress over time. If your math was correct, then a person standing still would therefore reach any given destination in exactly double the time it took someone to walk there, despite moving at 0 speed.

Reducing speed by 30% is reducing the speed by 30%. This has the effect of increasing the duration it takes, but does not increase the duration by 30%.

The effect on duration of reducing speed by 30% is this:
3 * ( 1 / 0.7 ) =
3 / 0.7 = 4.3 (ish)
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Oct 28, 2013, 10:07:22 PM
"
Gravethought wrote:
Mark, can you clarify how the damage increase on The Taming stacks?
It counts active debuffs. Since only one ignite and one freeze can be active at a time, regardless of how many are present, you can get at most 2 from those, as well as 3 shocks (since shock can stack to a maximum of 3 on an enemy at any time, and all are active).
Any and all fire damage over time is Burning damage. Only the Ignite status effect is an Ignite.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info