Unique Item List - 300 of 419

The weapon only counts it's own sockets.
Here is a snippet of the conversation I had with Spinexion, which may help clarify my stance on the item's balance:

You're right that changing the spell to attack conversion is the best way to adjust the mod, as the change to having it not include multiplicative bonuses is, as I understand it, easy to do.

We really don't want to rush into a decision like this though; We'll wait until we have a handful of characters using the item effectively, and see how it performs. Though I don't disagree with a lot of the theorycrafting, the true potential of the item may not be as easy to unlock as it seems on paper. I'm going to discuss this with the end-game balance expert who I worked with on the balance of the item, and we'll keep monitoring feedback, but no decision will be rushed into!

The balance of this item is also very dependent on what changes are made to spell damage modifiers in future; 1.0.0 saw an increase to the handful of spell damage modifiers in the tree and a reduction to Righteous Fire, and there is no reason why other similar changes won't happen again. This item, more so than other uniques, will shift more dramatically with changes to skills and the tree; It's one of the most interesting things about the design, and also the most deceptively dangerous. Because of this, we really have to be careful before taking any feedback to heart or making any changes to the item; What may be "Legacy on arrival" one day could become sub-par the next!

At the end of the day only myself, and one other member of the balance team were involved with the adjustment of values on this item, and we have hundreds of players who will be actively trying to find a way to get the most out of it. It's quite possible that one will find a way to bypass what myself and the other balance team member considered to be the inherent limitations. For now, we just have to watch and wait. If you have knowledge of a character that uses the crown well, I can check their character out on our local servers and see exactly how well it performs.
Balance & Design
A Crown of Eyes Cyclone char with high life and Righteous Fire would be ROFL ROFLing pretty much anything...
RF+Vaal Pact seems like a death wish to me, unless there's something I'm not aware of!
"
iamstryker wrote:
So apparently Rebuke of the Vaal has been buffed and the devs didn't put it in the patch notes.

Hmmm. Looks like it was changed in 1.0.0. Must've slipped through the cracks during the crazy rush...

Sorry about that.
Code warrior
"
Pyramidi wrote:
I just have bad feeling about this. Rhys will probably nerf it back where it was.

No, there's no reason to think that. The buff was intentional; we just forgot to mention it in the patch notes.
Code warrior
New map is on reddit as well.

http://i.imgur.com/5lwvqqE.png
"
iamstryker wrote:
"
isand wrote:
I wonder if wings of entropy work with dual wield and 1h passive.

Here's my thinking....

Wings of Entropy is a 2 handed axe BUT it also counts as duel wielding. So it would work with axe passives, two handed, and duel wielding. I would not think that it would work with one handed passives.
Correct. It is a two-handed weapon, so passives that deal with two-handed weapons will apply. It (counts as) dual wielding, so dual wielding passives will apply.
It's treated exactly like you have that axe in both hands (and thus main hand hits get the fire, and off hand hits the chaos damage). Like regular dual wielding, you'll get 10% more attack speed and a base 15% block chance, and will alternate hands with each hit (except with dual strike).

This weapon is currently the only way to (effectively) dual wield (a) two-handed weapon(s).

Also: FINALLY. This one took a lot of work to implement, but that was done ages ago and it's since been held up getting the art right. This one's been waiting a while.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Dec 1, 2013, 7:31:47 PM
"
Navac wrote:
"
LMK wrote:
"
Kwonryu wrote:
Anyone know how to get White Sockets on the Prismatic yet?

I think this is referring to all items being worn, like tabula rasa

No, its confirmed by Devs on Reddit, it only takes the weapon sockets
For the record, it was confirmed by devs (i.e. me) here in this thread before it was on reddit :P
dlrr is right. Lucky gives you the highest proportional increase to crit chance with low crit chance, and the highest absolute increase to crit chance with 50% crit chance.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info