0.11.2 Patch Notes

"
Good morning. The kiddies still crying?

I've skimmed through several of your ignorant, useless posts, but this one I'm going to reply to...

You mention the 'kiddies crying', but you're too ignorant to acknowledge one simple piece of common sense: CI users need cushion to take big hits, whereas life users have armor/evasion (or in some cases both) and then can use granites/evasion flasks in addition to that base armor/evasion. I can hit 24k armor on my summoner witch at level 80, and that isn't even stacking an absurd amount of armor. My vitality based, summoner witch's gear is entirely self found, save for the helm that I picked up for 2 chaos (+2 minions, 90+ life, rarity, life regen). I run IR on that witch and yes, I have the minimum amount of dex required to run IR. Now take this example: I make a summoner witch that uses CI instead and in order to get my minions 'up close and personal 'with the enemy (to actually trigger the UI for them to actually attack, rather than standing there and being useless meat shields), I still have to play aggressively and charge at that enemy myself to steer the minions. But now, instead of having 3k health and 24k armor with my granite/evasion bonus adrenaline flask, I now have a large es pool instead with a fraction of the armor. What are the odds of my being stunned/1-shotted with a reduced es pool available?...Much greater than before. Again, as several others have addressed, and you have so conveniently chosen to ignore, the issue is not with CI being 'op', so much as a small percentage of the top-tier players having absurd gear and being able to abuse a core function of ES (ghost reaver and low-life Shav's builds primarily). But go on, continue making ignorant posts in a vulgar attempt to refute an irrefutable bit of common sense.

This patch did affect diversity in a negative fashion and also made ES gear pieces near worthless, unless they've got absurdly high rolls on them. I wonder how many casual players will remake their characters into life-based characters or simply become disheartened and move on to other venues after these changes?

"
Glowyrm wrote:

I'll take the word of the top ES players over you. They don't seem to have lost much.

And by doing so, you fail to understand that the 'top ES players' are only so because they have top tier gear, not because they're any more credible than any other person that posts on these forums. If you understood the notion that people that can't afford to spend xx number of exalts on their gear to reach 8k ES, will not be able to do so, the game becomes more about gear, than skill. Therefore the very notion of a 'top ES player' is an absurd notion in and of itself. There are no 'top ES players', but rather 'best equipped players'. This patch doesn't affect the alleged top players, only the lesser equipped players who can't afford their gear.
Still in the alpha stage, but at least build diversity isn't an issue: https://wolcengame.com/home/
Last edited by JNF on Jul 16, 2013, 12:56:58 PM
"
JNF wrote:
"

I've skimmed through several of your ignorant, useless posts, but this one I'm going to reply to...

You mention the 'kiddies crying', but you're too ignorant to acknowledge one simple piece of common sense: CI users need cushion to take big hits, whereas life users have armor/evasion (or in some cases both) and then can use granites/evasion flasks in addition to that base armor/evasion. I can hit 24k armor on my summoner witch at level 80, and that isn't even stacking an absurd amount of armor. My vitality based, summoner witch's gear is entirely self found, save for the helm that I picked up for 2 chaos (+2 minions, 90+ life, rarity, life regen). I run IR on that witch and yes, I have the minimum amount of dex required to run IR. Now take this example: I make a summoner witch that uses CI instead and in order to get my minions 'up close and personal 'with the enemy (to actually trigger the UI for them to actually attack, rather than standing there and being useless meat shields), I still have to play aggressively and charge at that enemy myself to steer the minions. But now, instead of having 3k health and 24k armor with my granite/evasion bonus adrenaline flask, I now have a large es pool instead with a fraction of the armor. What are the odds of my being stunned/1-shotted with a reduced es pool available?...Much greater than before. Again, as several others have addressed, and you have so conveniently chosen to ignore, the issue is not with CI being 'op', so much as a small percentage of the top-tier players having absurd gear and being able to abuse a core function of ES (ghost reaver and low-life Shav's builds primarily). But go on, continue making ignorant posts in a vulgar attempt to refute an irrefutable bit of common sense.

This patch did affect diversity in a negative fashion and also made ES gear pieces near worthless, unless they've got absurdly high rolls on them. I wonder how many casual players will remake their characters into life-based characters or simply become disheartened and move on to other venues after these changes?

please sell me some high es gear, i feel i need it more than ever since my 3xx dex became moderately useless.
It's really cool, that you can link your account with Twitch, so it shows, when you're streaming. It works even if you're not using the in-game streaming. I like the "Streaming now" icons next to account names, it's really cool.

I tried streaming for a bit, just to test it. I could do it once in 360p, and even then it was really bad quality. I tried in other resolutions and other servers, but it got interrupted instantly. My PC is bad, but it's better with XSplit. I heard from others too, that quality and performance are better with other streaming softwares. But whatever, I think you're still testing it. You can't stream things outside the game from the game client, and you can't add other things (pictures, texts) to the screen, so I don't think many people will use it.

A mute microphone button (key) would be cool. Also volume sliders for game sounds/microphone.
first EK nerf, now IR nerf.

I mean.. what the fck is wrong with you GGG. do you think average user, like me, and well clear majority have a way to balance this armour and dps loss ? have a full stash of exalts to buy best gear just so they could play the game without dying on every second map ?
or maybe we are all experts in min maxing, making paths for best bonus through tree is a piece of cake. you know, like kripp. i have a feeling that everything kripp use will be nerfed, because well, hes a clear example of your average player ?

in what way was IR overpowered ? honestly. why do we exactly need dexterity now ? what does it give us ?
have you in any way maybe thought about fixing frigin EVASION first, before nerfing only node that makes it worth investing into ?

it was hard even without nerfing, now you make playing the game absolutely impossible.
A stranger like no otherther,
Faced the wall of the Umbra,

@Yastro
Last edited by yastru on Jul 16, 2013, 2:12:47 PM
"
thenewapollo wrote:
"
JNF wrote:
"

please sell me some high es gear, i feel i need it more than ever since my 3xx dex became moderately useless.

+1 to this. i have 400+ dex and that was nerfed much harder then ES was. and lets not forget in order to get 10k-15k ES you only need ES stats on ur chest/helm/shield...boots/gloves/belt/jewelry will get u to 20k still. and ES builds cry about currency being the problem when life builds NEED a Kaoms chest which is how much an entire ES build could cost.
IGN:tWojo
Last edited by WoJo311 on Jul 16, 2013, 2:16:04 PM
Oh yeah, i forgot. Inner Force nerf.

So, that makes it EK, Inner Force, Iron reflexes. Any other node i use you want to nerf ?

Eldritch Battery is reaaaaaaly overpowered.

A stranger like no otherther,
Faced the wall of the Umbra,

@Yastro
:D

I wonder when my weapon will be in the game :(
Kongor's undying rage
www.youtube.com/kingkongor
#freekongor Twitch.tv/KingKongor
When are you going to fix the bug where the skill discharge makes about 500% more damage than it should.
-JackieChance
"
WoJo311 wrote:
+1 to this. i have 400+ dex and that was nerfed much harder then ES was. and lets not forget in order to get 10k-15k ES you only need ES stats on ur chest/helm/shield...boots/gloves/belt/jewelry will get u to 20k still. and ES builds cry about currency being the problem when life builds NEED a Kaoms chest which is how much an entire ES build could cost.

LOOOOL, is this a joke? Who have 15k ES? I am lvl 90 and I have 6250 ES (6800 before patch), and that need lots of passive points to reach. All the CI players I know at lvl 88+ had around 7k es before patch. 10-15k is just a myth.
And are you sure it's easy to have 1k es on a chest? A guy made a 1040es one, he used 75+ exalts... Lots of more than a Kaom Heart.

I don't know why but I think GGG wants to reduce its player database. I lost all my motivation to play today. If it's to lose 15% because of CI nerfed, I prefer to not play.
fkxLegacySpectral : lvl 97 Raider ST HowA [Legacy]
fkxBreachSlayer : lvl 95 Slayer Blade Flurry [Breach]
fkxCrockett : lvl 94 Saboteur Ice Trap [Perendus]
fkxRampage : lvl 94 Witch Fireball [Rampage]
fkxShadow : lvl 95 Shadow FP/CI [open beta]
Last edited by fkxShadow on Jul 16, 2013, 2:52:10 PM
Why are people complaining about the IR/Dex change? Did anyone actually go around STACKING dex in order to augment their evasion? Lol. Dex is a stat which you gather as you move around the skill tree. If you really wanted to augment your evasion for IR, you'd take one of the EVASION NODES, not a DEX NODE. Even a +30 Dex node barely competes with the pure or hybrid evasion nodes.

30 Dex gives: 6% evasion
Hybrid Evasion Nodes: 8% from Eva/Arm, 6% from Eva/HP, 8% from Eva/ES, 10% Pure Eva.

The bonus that Dexterity granted to IR is "A - FREAKING - >>>>BONUS<<<<<". The real power of IR comes from the fact that you stack Evasion Rating from gear/grace, that gets multiplied through by your Evasion %(a very small part of this should come from Dexterity), then that gets multiplied by your Armor %, then after all that gets put through the Determination Multiplier. THAT is how you get massive amounts of armor from IR, that is how you take advantage of IR. The fact that high-dex characters could just take IR WITHOUT ANY OTHER DEFENSIVE NODES and achieve the same armor as a pure armor non-IR player was a BONUS, and a BROKEN bonus at that!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info