0.11.2 Patch Notes

"
Pulsahr wrote:
I usually never complain about patches balance, because I have blind faith in GGG work.
It is always after lot of tests, thoughts and hard work.
So, I should do as always, be patient, and wait for changes to be confirmed as the best choice.

Sorry, but not this time. I think there is a mistake a bout CI nerf. So, let's make a constructive feedback, from a player that is not a hardcore gamer (playing like 10-15h / week, ususally less).

So, as a CI witch player, I am a bit shocked by this nerf. I am losing 14% max ES with this (3 x -2% on minor nodes, -8% on notable if I understood patch notes correctly). Which even at my lvl 67 represents 500 ES, and my gear is just correct, not amazing.
I already have hard times surviving some of boss's attack : Kole often OS me. I haven't tried maps yet, because I still die too much in "normal" areas and thought I need to get better gears.

It will be worse now. Why ?

I mean ok, some hardcore gamers are probably abusing CI builds.
But nerfing should affect them, and only them (or mostly). You are making casual gamers like me desperate. I can't play 30h a week to get gears that makes CI overpowered. But now I can't survive enough to get better gears ?

As someone said in early pages, that's not by nerfing the passive that the CI build will no more be abused. The gear is the problem. You should not be able to reach 1000 ES on one piece of gear, that's the reason to me.
Because, that's a thing I don't have, and my char is really not overpowered, I still die a lot (not even in maps !), really. And sometimes I feel I shouldn't. But still, with decent (and not endgame) gear, CI doesn't make me invincible, really not.

Hope this feedback was interesting to read :)

Good feedback. I also think that some gear pieces are the problems and shoul be rebalanced.
IGN : Mettiu
"
golan4840 wrote:
All forms of damage mitigation work against reflect.. So that means I can use enfeeble for less damage that will be reflected?

Curious to this too. But I dont think so tbh, because that effects the monsters own dmg, not your own that is reflected, the same way map mods dont make reflect do more dmg.

The same with projectile weakness, elemental weakness, vulnerability ... they effect your dmg or how much you take. For example, vulnerability on you makes you take more rd, whilst on a monster it makes him take more of YOUR damage, which in turn makes you take more rd.
[quote="DirkAustin"]They can always make a loser league where Monsters do no damage and you one shot everything. Goodness, people, just don't play in the hard parts of the game if you cant handle them.[/quote]

"
golan4840 wrote:
All forms of damage mitigation work against reflect.. So that means I can use enfeeble for less damage that will be reflected?

It should work as your ability to evade reflect damage now should be affected by enemy accuracy as well. This should not include spell reflects thou, if I read the patch notes right.

Overall reflect was nerfed big time.
Everyone crying because reflect got only 1% reduced did not pay enough attention.

Edit:
Well, maybe you are rolling your own accuracy against your own evasion in the case it is an attack. Then enfeeble on the enemy would take no effect.
Last edited by Nightmare90 on Jul 15, 2013, 5:40:45 AM
"
Nightmare90 wrote:
"
golan4840 wrote:

It should work as your ability to evade reflect damage now should be affected by enemy accuracy as well. This should not include spell reflects thou, if I read the patch notes right.

Overall reflect was nerfed big time.
Everyone crying because reflect got only 1% reduced did not pay enough attention.

Edit:
Well, maybe you are rolling your own accuracy against your own evasion in the case it is an attack. Then enfeeble on the enemy would take no effect.

not everyone has block / if they do not everyone has it maxed.
evasion is evasion, you get hit you get hit, its not mitigation.
1% is nothing lol

the only builds that will see huge benefits are max block / spell block / ondars guile
[quote="DirkAustin"]They can always make a loser league where Monsters do no damage and you one shot everything. Goodness, people, just don't play in the hard parts of the game if you cant handle them.[/quote]

I've been waiting for months to say something NASTY about you guys at GGG, freakin' hell why you make it impossibru?!?!

Next Up: WTB real time to add to the 24h a day to play some POE!
Exiled for Eternity
first
"Minions of your minions are your minion's minions, not your minions." - Mark
"

not everyone has block / if they do not everyone has it maxed.
evasion is evasion, you get hit you get hit, its not mitigation.
1% is nothing lol

the only builds that will see huge benefits are max block / spell block / ondars guile

Not much will happen vor ES focused characters using spells, that is right.

Everyone else will live through reduced reflects,
due to their Armor/Evasion which is imo pretty good.

Even elemental resistance will help big time now.
So that might still be something casters might profit from,
when I think about it.
Last edited by Nightmare90 on Jul 15, 2013, 5:47:37 AM
"
Qarl wrote:

Twitch Streaming:
  • Path of Exile now allows Twitch streaming from inside the game client, including full support for streaming webcam footage.
  • Twitch channel chat is integrated directly with the game client. Streamers can chat to their viewers in real time without having to check a separate chat window.
  • In Path of Exile, Twitch chat appears as another chat type alongside global, local, party and trade chat.
  • Path of Exile and Twitch accounts can be linked (there's a button in-game and on your profile page on the website to do this). Once they're linked, users viewing the Path of Exile website will be able to see little Twitch icons next to account names wherever they appear on the site while streaming. Clicking the logo takes you to the user's stream.
  • While a Path of Exile race event is in progress, the leading streamer for that event is shown on the race page. All streamers are marked on the leaderboard so that players can switch between them and watch them play directly on the race page.

Content:
  • Added a new cosmetic microtransaction: Extra Gore Weapon Effect.

whoho! :D
Last edited by tyvar1 on Jul 15, 2013, 5:48:09 AM
Does this now mean enfeeble = less dmg reflected and block/evasion works aswell for reflected dmg?
There was this urban elgend, that enfeeble was doing this alrdy before, but it was wrong, as it was confirmed by Mark (I think it was him, cant find it anymore).

Beside this: The CI nerf irritated me a bit, but I will try it out. Acc/Eva changes were so desperately needed. Thx for that.

And FINALLY its WORTH to invest in those "avoid stun/freeze/status" knodes.

Thx a lot! Great patch.

Last edited by WUlf1337 on Jul 15, 2013, 5:51:59 AM
"
Incompetent wrote:

You're generally better off taking Armour nodes anyway on an IR build, assuming they are within easy reach.

249 dex is worth about the same as one notable Eva node.

I can make up for it. It will just take awhile since I am lvl 74.

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAAdwFLQW1DPIOPA6tFCAUcRjbGtsb-iXfJ9UotSmlLIUyCTWGOlI6sz7PQKBDnEd-Sn1OKlBHUFBRR1RJValWBFb6Vw1YY1oaW69fP2BLYIhhIWFSZU1noGoeapNuaXTteu-E2YTvhmCHdozPjb-XtJkrnaqezZ_LpBmly6cwqBirxay6tkG5zbndvYG95r6nwA_EWMbY0iHSTdXt2WHdDd-_4urnUu4O7w7vTvIv9kj3vvlj_MU=
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Jul 15, 2013, 5:54:45 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info