"Map to Maker" changes in Patch 0.11.2

add an inspect window PLLLZZZZ...

comparing is on important part in online games....
IGN: Elron
"
If you were previously relying on public parties created by other people to find your Maps, we'd recommend you try doing runs of the Catacombs or Piety (Lunaris 3), as they're the best places to find Maps.

Hello Chris! What's up with drop rates of high-level maps?

Recently i've been doing level 70+ maps with over (80 quantity) or (over 60 quantity and some "area" mods).

I even done one suicide level 71 map with 127% quantity and no map dropped for me!

This maked me very sad, because im mainly playing solo on my main char, but right now i have to join some public parties to play at least 69's maps.

Right now i have about 20+ 66's useless maps, but reason why i have so much 66's maps because i leveled two different characters and they got their own maps.
IGN: DarkForceImSuckyNoob
this chance seems logic to me. Good update

edit for above : this is all about RNG.
IGN TylordRampage
Last edited by Malone on Jul 11, 2013, 4:30:28 AM
someone already ninjaed a blue precinct map from me:(
D3 treasure goblins's escape portal is an entrance to Wraeclast
someone already ninjaed a blue precinct map from me:(
D3 treasure goblins's escape portal is an entrance to Wraeclast
So Primal Sprint is a bit like Versatility for Marauder. Seems a bit OP. Mana regen is a very usefull stat, while +5% accuracy is useless for everyone that uses RT.
Last edited by Endrju82 on Jul 11, 2013, 4:56:27 AM
"
wiggin wrote:
I dislike the M2M change very much. I think the current implementation is perfect. Or was. New players who reach endgame will once again have tougher times while we who are already there will have it easier.

Obviously feedback is weighted this way just like it was with the level scaling change before but the direction is once again wrong. The game should not favor senior players too much or the new ones will ... not play.

Reconsider!

cheers
w.

P.S.
Catacombs are stupid zone. Sure I run them sometimes on my ranged chars that don't get shotgun cold spells in their face, but some people, however weird and unnatural it may sound, play melee.

I don't know.. I just made a new Exile, and during Act2 merciless i already dropped 2 maps. Before being able to use them, i tink i will have around 6-8 maps and around 10 maps if i am able to go straight to Piety without farming. And i consider that impossible, so i don't understand why you are saying newcomers have a tougher time.

I did around 10 maps max for a total of three good Exile ( 63 - 70 - 76 ) and i have like tons of maps really. Before the drop nerf of 66+ map only on maps, i have like 10 lvl 68, 15 lvl 67 and 25 lvl 66.

Is this not enough ?
"
dr3af wrote:
"
Rowsol wrote:
"
Bobo337 wrote:

So you wanted players to be able to build their own map base by going into public groups and stealing other peoples maps?

Amazing. Maps aren't RNG enough without randoms in your party being able to steal them.

Yeah, that's fucking dumb.

To both of you, the news are about THIS changing. Yet, you just can't say a "thank you". You whine for something that will no longer exist. Also , blues/rares and unique maps are really rare in maps. It didn't hurt if in 10 maps that dropped , one of them wasn't mine. And now all of them will be mine.

Yes, I'm complaining about his ass-backwards way of thinking that needs to fucking stop. It's there with nerfing already bad Health characters, and making melee not anymore viable even when they made a "melee" buff patch.

And it does hurt if your maps that dropped in your map that you spend your currency on and put in your map room yourself, isn't yours. Luckily when this happened I was in a shitty 67 or some trash map and it didn't matter, but if it were a 69+ map I would've been genuinely upset. Although I'm not happy about my rare Cemetary being stolen.
"
Zoen wrote:
"
Bobo337 wrote:
"
We initially only allocated normal rarity Maps because we wanted other players to be able to establish their own Map base by playing in public parties. Occasionally finding a magic/rare/unique Map would enable them to do this.

So you wanted players to be able to build their own map base by going into public groups and stealing other peoples maps?

Amazing. Maps aren't RNG enough without randoms in your party being able to steal them.

Funny, because during Anarchy, I had roughly 3 or 4 maps in my inventory by the time I killed Merciless Piety, and I was entirely solo. It's not that difficult to have a few maps on hand before being ready for maps.

So what you're saying is that even after M2M is implemented you still have to run maps with friends instead of public groups because of their retarded rules? Okay yeah prove my point more, thanks. Nobody gives a shit about 66 blue maps. I'm talking about the inability to play anything above a 68 in a pub because of the ability to steal your maps. I've seen 70+ map groups and could only think "Wow what a horrible fucking idea, I almost feel sorry for them maker when his map inevitably gets stolen."
This change is great. Thanks for that. Nice to run a few of my maps with randoms and not worry about blues or yellows getting taken.
Standard shop: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/911509
"
"
Galadedrid wrote:
"
wiggin wrote:

Same question. With a picture:

My understanding is that the whole point of the rework is that the stuff actually in the ranger start area will no longer be so terrible that your best option is to try and escape it ASAP, so it's worth waiting to see how it works before worrying about whether there's still an escape route through the evasion start node.

escaping as soon as possible is what secretly makes the ranger good, your not wasting passives on redundant nodes, i happen to enjoy being a blood magic lightning arrow ranger, i play solo so 1200 dps after lmp/chain is fine, i have a lioneyes so i dont need more accuracy, 3atk/s is fine dont need more... the ONLY thing i can ask for is enough passive life on hit to mitigate lightning thorns then ill be a happy camper.

no I think you are wasting passives on redundant nodes, the need to escape your start is inefficient and why the ranger is publicly poor. If you are blood magic you have probably got the marauder start all the way up to the 12% node. Now tell me with a straight face that if you had started as a marauder instead you would have followed the tree all the way to the start of the ranger and not stopped at Iron Reflexes and the health to the right of the Duelist.

You dont escape the marauder start, if youre health based you make you way there asap and spend a ton of your best points.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info