"Map to Maker" changes in Patch 0.11.2

on topic the map changes sound good to me. For the people crying, farm the game, get some maps, roll em right, build the pool. It used to be a lot harder to build a stock of 66s than it is now, just put a bit of effort in and youll have more than you know what to do with eventually.
i played only solo maps till now but i might share my maps with others in public parties since there is no real downside
ign: ALLRAUDER
"
Unhost wrote:
"
SkyCore wrote:
M2M only. Terrible. Why would anyone ever join a low level map now?
Instead i recommend simply giving each player within the map their own individual chance to score maps. In addition to the original chance which falls into M2M.

I've never in my life joined a party where the maker didn't flip his absolute shit if someone took his map, especially if it was blue/rare; don't get me started what a public map operator would begin to do if someone took his Unique Map.

I find plenty of maps in Docks/Sarn - everyone should. Your maps should not be gained on someone else's expense. I'm extremely stoked for the new changes, but why the fuck are we not able to have our own Unique Maps assigned to ourselves?

Trust me, Chris. Everyone on every league I've played who puts in a map would lose their mind and find some way to have the person who stole their Unique Map banned for the rest of their entire playing career.

That is all.

Stole? If the map is an assigned drop (short term or perm allocation) than it isn't stolen. If it is free for all, then anyone can grab it.

In all likelihood, the greater number of players has more to do with the chance that a unique map dropped than anything the map maker did crafting wise. Chisels might do a little, but nothing compared to the quantity boost of a full party.

I'd say a more reasonable map allocation system would follow the party allocation - Permanent - all maps to maker. Short term - Rare and better maps to maker, blues and white short term allocation. Free for all - rares and better maps short term allocation - the rest free for all.

As for losing your mind over a single drop and wanting to have someone banned for their career....

Such a person has already lost their mind and their parents (if they weren't raised by black widow spiders) should be ashamed of them.

People with so much spite running through their bloodstream are a menace to society. Now, taking the last line of the post as hyperbole or exaggerated for effect - look at it this way :

As the mapmaker on a particular game would you be more upset if you missed out on a unique mountain vaal pyramid map drop or you missed out on a unique glorious plate drop in the game?

I understand the currency spent rolling maps - but then if players contribute currency to a map, shouldn't they get some of the map drops?

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
I hope the shadow area gets reworked next, I would love to get some mana/mana regen :P To me it seems kinda silly that the shadow doesn't have this.
"
Bobo337 wrote:
So what you're saying is that even after M2M is implemented you still have to run maps with friends instead of public groups because of their retarded rules? Okay yeah prove my point more, thanks. Nobody gives a shit about 66 blue maps. I'm talking about the inability to play anything above a 68 in a pub because of the ability to steal your maps. I've seen 70+ map groups and could only think "Wow what a horrible fucking idea, I almost feel sorry for them maker when his map inevitably gets stolen."

I wouldn't know because I have yet to touch public groups. I'd rather play with people I'm acquainted with instead of "randoms" because playing in any group with anyone you don't know on any item allocation other than "permanent" just seems silly.

With this change, the map maker gets all rights to the maps unless it's a unique, so no map theft is going to occur at all unless for some reason the maker passes one up and leaves the instance.
"
DalaiLama wrote:

People with so much spite running through their bloodstream are a menace to society.

Spite AND entitlement. As if contributing one's self automatically invalidates everyone else's rights.
How about his for a suggestion. ONLY group members get maps allocated to them. And NEVER the maker. Instead of people seeing each other as hostile potential thieves, they are a necessary tool.
For years i searched for deep truths. A thousand revelations. At the very edge...the ability to think itself dissolves away.Thinking in human language is the problem. Any separation from 'the whole truth' is incomplete.My incomplete concepts may add to your 'whole truth', accept it or think about it
GG, GGG.

We always scared to run our 75-77 maps with people we don't trust/know well enough as the may ninja our magic 77 Shipyard or Shrine that we spent so much currency trying to get drop.

But now all are welcome xD
Last edited by pfloydwall on Jul 11, 2013, 6:24:27 AM
"
666tnt666 wrote:
"
Maniaa wrote:
I really love how GGG is working, listening the communauty and taking in account the feedbacks. Great work !

Are you sure you are talking about POE?
Imo GGG ignores every feedback on melee survivability for more than a year now.
Imo GGG ignores every feedback about uniques being to powerful for ages now.
Imo GGG ignores every feedback of CI being OP since some time now.
Imo GGG ignores every feedback about the "crafting" system since day one.
Imo GGG ignores every feedback about the crappiest chat system ever since day one.
So much for "listening to the community and taking in account feedback". lol

Let's look at that:

1)GGG added some skill gems as a temporary partial solution to melee, and stated they weren't finished fixing melee. So that isn't an ignore.

2)Uniques aren't necessarily too powerful (Though I respect your opinion that they are). What uniques are and always shall be is consistent in what they deliver. A unique that is consistently good will always seem much better than most random rares. The random rare has much more potential. For perspective, look at it this way, if you had a Mirror and could copy any item on POE for your character would it be a unique item or a rare? How about if you had a dozen mirrors? How many would be uniques and how many would be rares?

3)CI has been nerfed, maybe not to everyone's satisfactionwho isn't CI, but obviously this isn't an ignore.

4)Ignoring crafting since day one? Were you here at day one playing a melee only ranger? I think not. First - fusing, scouring, chance and alchemy orbs were added to the vendors (they weren't always there) to help make crafting easier. Second, the chance to get more links with quality is a nod to improving crafting. Third - the eternal orb. I'm not saying these are ideal or final solutions, but they are at least a step in the right direction.

5)Ignoring Chat system is flat out wrong - GGG has improved it and tried out different things. Does it still need some work? Of course. Is it a priority above things like desync or character/monster/life etc balances? I hardly think so. In any case, this isn't an ignore either.

TLDR version - GGG has improved many aspects of the game that you say they didn't. If someone wants quicker results from GGG they can:

A)provide specific feed back and suggestions

B) Support the GGG team through supporter packs and microtransactions.

C) Apply for a job at GGG and bring some serious game boosting skills to their team.

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
just when I thought I was out they pull me back in...

Really nice update about map drops, might give a public map group a shot now.
"
666tnt666 wrote:
The truth that is it is an option to play very expensive high level maps for free.

There are a lot more now than there used to be. I would suggest the following changes to those who make such public map games.

When creating a game - put something like "Free lvl XX maps - chisel Donations accepted" or some such depending on what currency the map maker might need or want. When you find a good map running group who fight well, the tendency is to want those games to continue and to want the drops to be as good as possible.

I think higher level map makers in a good map group would get some map rolling donations that they are missing out on.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info