"Map to Maker" changes in Patch 0.11.2

"
Galadedrid wrote:
"
wiggin wrote:

Same question. With a picture:

My understanding is that the whole point of the rework is that the stuff actually in the ranger start area will no longer be so terrible that your best option is to try and escape it ASAP, so it's worth waiting to see how it works before worrying about whether there's still an escape route through the evasion start node.

escaping as soon as possible is what secretly makes the ranger good, your not wasting passives on redundant nodes, i happen to enjoy being a blood magic lightning arrow ranger, i play solo so 1200 dps after lmp/chain is fine, i have a lioneyes so i dont need more accuracy, 3atk/s is fine dont need more... the ONLY thing i can ask for is enough passive life on hit to mitigate lightning thorns then ill be a happy camper.
"
Unhost wrote:

I've never in my life joined a party...

And when there is 0 chance of getting a map drop from a party, how many partys will you join? I for one, aint going to waste a second of my time helping someone else in a map. So good job at supporting this change. You just killed end game public partys. Congratz.
For years i searched for deep truths. A thousand revelations. At the very edge...the ability to think itself dissolves away.Thinking in human language is the problem. Any separation from 'the whole truth' is incomplete.My incomplete concepts may add to your 'whole truth', accept it or think about it
Last edited by SkyCore on Jul 11, 2013, 3:41:57 AM
Oh just change it so it's all maps to maker. You'll cave to the whines sooner or later.
Like the Change & the Ranger-Teaser, another good Patch we're looking forward to.
Keep calm, play PoE, drink Tea & listen to Prog!

Exiled.eu ... deutsche PoE-Community mit News, TS3, Guides & vielen netten Leuten :)
can anyone upload the skilltree on a imageshack or something like that.

im at work and the link is locked for me :/ :/

thx
Ingame: maxboo

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/786795 maxBoo´s Ranger Guids Over 300.000

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1205678 HotW Submission
"
SaranCadrey wrote:
I got super excited when I saw that new notable passive for the ranger. Such a strong passive in the ranger's area. Finally rangers get some buffs. Other classes will have some reason to spec into the ranger's area! *cheers*

Yup. People will be crossing all the tree to get 20% increased mana recovery from flasks :P But at least there are some other stats in this passive.

BTW For pure curiosity, Chris, do you have any data if anybody in PoE history allocated such passive?
Anticipation slowly dissipates...
Last edited by tmaciak on Jul 11, 2013, 3:48:49 AM
"
SkyCore wrote:
"
Unhost wrote:

I've never in my life joined a party...

And when there is 0 chance of getting a map drop from a party, how many partys will you join? I for one, aint going to waste a second of my time helping someone else in a map. So good job at supporting this change. You just killed end game public partys. Congratz.

Helping someone else in a map? The truth that is it is an option to play very expensive high level maps for free. There are plenty of scroungers out there that do know this fact so this change will not kill end game public parties. But it kills being ripped off as map owner!
"Yes, it is perfectly fair. It just sucks ass."
posted by Thaelyn on 12. August 2013 17:33
"
jamesl wrote:
so just give them the map

this way you have complete control over which player you give it to

if you're running a group with 2 level 70s and one level 68 you can make sure the 68 gets it

I don't think you get the psychology behind it. When you actually loot something yourself, it doesn't feel like a handout, and you don't feel horrible because you took charity (if you're a decent person) or think "hey nice here's a sucker to latch onto" (if you're not) but glad that you looted it due to game mechanics, and in a SA party you can even chalk it up to your skill. How is this not superior?
"
666tnt666 wrote:
The truth that is it is an option to play very expensive high level maps for free. There are plenty of scroungers out there that do know this fact so this change will not kill end game public parties.

Are you sure you are playing the same game as i am? Path of exile, right? How many public partys have you ever seen inside maps higher than level 69?
For myself i have seen 0. And i play a LOT.

"
666tnt666 wrote:
But it kills being ripped off as map owner!

But good try, your greedy complaining disguised as something ALMOST logical might actually persuade a few morons to join your cause.
For years i searched for deep truths. A thousand revelations. At the very edge...the ability to think itself dissolves away.Thinking in human language is the problem. Any separation from 'the whole truth' is incomplete.My incomplete concepts may add to your 'whole truth', accept it or think about it
Last edited by SkyCore on Jul 11, 2013, 4:07:39 AM
"
Bobo337 wrote:
"
We initially only allocated normal rarity Maps because we wanted other players to be able to establish their own Map base by playing in public parties. Occasionally finding a magic/rare/unique Map would enable them to do this.

So you wanted players to be able to build their own map base by going into public groups and stealing other peoples maps?

Amazing. Maps aren't RNG enough without randoms in your party being able to steal them.

Funny, because during Anarchy, I had roughly 3 or 4 maps in my inventory by the time I killed Merciless Piety, and I was entirely solo. It's not that difficult to have a few maps on hand before being ready for maps.

Also, it's not like friends won't share maps with you.

"
Still running mazed 80% quantity maps for 0 drops.

When are we fixing this bs?

I think it'd probably be a good idea to give a map boss either a guaranteed map drop, or a high map drop chance so people doing maps "don't run out of maps".

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info