⚡ Haunt's Pure Elemental Wander 🔥

HAUNT'S TEMPLAR PURE ELEMENTAL DPS WANDER BUILD

Intro

What's up everyone i'm Hauntworld and i will be sharing my elemental wander, i have been playing this game since closed beta and this is one of my near perfect character that i like a lot. Due to game changes, elemental wanderers seems to be disapearing really fast, so i went up that ladder pretty quickly becoming one of the highest PURE elemental templar wander dpser out there, enough shit now let's get to the real deal.

The build
This build is very unique, there aren't several ways of building an elemental wander, it is a very strong build that maximizes flat elemetal damage first and requires good knowledge of the game since it is quite difficult to build for new players that are looking for a DPS build. With this kind of build you either need to choose between survival or high dps, i decided to go for dps since i have the gear for it. The build is very good for solo and you have good crown control with huge shooting range. LMP Power siphon is used for AOE damage and getting power charges, elemental hit is then used for maximum elemental single target DPS.

The gear

Helm: You will need either a fully ES circlet with life on it and accuracy with some resistances or a hybrid armour/es helmet with same stats.

Wand: This is the key part, your main source of DPS is right here, so make sure you get the best wand possible. You will want a wand with high fire/lightning damage + wed and crit nodes or attack speed. Some people decide to go triple elemental that's up to you.

Gloves: Zeus hands aka Thunderfists ! Those gloves are incredible for boosting your single target damage and giving you that lovely free lvl 18 added lightning damage gem added to your skill. I understand not everyone can afford Tfists, in this case, just use rare gloves with fire/lightning damage, accuracy, life and resists.

Chest: 5 Linked full armour chest with life and resists on it.

Boots: This is where you will decide if you are using Destruction boots that gives a huge damage boost but decreases your movespeed a lot or you can use regular 30 movespeed life resists boots. I decided to go Destruction for the dps and i cover up the lack of MS with flasks.

Belt: You need a triple resists, weapon elemental damage, life or es belt.

Rings: You want Wed, flat elemental damage, life, resists on your rings and maybe accuracy.

Amulet: This is one of the pieces that is hard to find but will boost your dps by tons with the right mods. You need flat element damage, crit multi, crit chance, life or es, resists and if you can wed.

Shield: This is your second source of mana for eldritch battery, you need a hybrid armor/es shield with life resists on it.

Gems and Skills

Single target: Elemental hit/Wed/Fasterattack/Critdamage in thunderfists

For those who uses my survival tree you can try using gmp and chain it can work well if your dps is lower, but be very carefull on reflect packs !

AOE: LMP/Lifeleech/Wed/Fasterattack/Powersiphon or GMP/Chain/wed/powersiphon/Lifeleech

Auras: Anger/Wrath/Clarity/Discipline/Grace/Haste/Purity or determination

Other usefull skills

Arctic armour can be used to mitigate elemental damage incoming from you enemy, as well as being a nice escape skill since it slows down and chill mobs then try to run after you.

Decoy/skeleton totem can be used if you feel like you take too much damage from the enemy.

Bloodrage can be used to boost Attack speed with Frenzy charges, but again make sure to have chaos resistances.

Curse: Of course it will be Elemental weakness, gives us such an incredible boost to damage. If you feel like you are getting into a map where mobs will be hella fast you may want to try Temporal chains to slow them down considerably.

My gear

Tree

My current skill tree

Level progression trees

Tweaked the build, will redo progression later

Pros & Cons

Pros:
Very high DPS
Fast map clearing speed
1 shot rares/uniques
Feels like a boss
Very fun

Cons:
Not noob friendly
Squishy
Very gear dependant

My specs

3k armor, 78 all res, 3.5k life, 10% evasion, 26% block, +2% Chaos res

40k tooltip Elemental hit single target DPS
25k LMP power siphon
83% chance to hit

If you have any questions reguarding my build feel free to ask me !

=============================================================================================

MY GUIDES

🏥 ⚔ Elemental Cyclone Tank ⚔ 🏥

⚡ Pure Elemental Wander 🔥 Updated 👌

💰 Ethereal MagicFarmer 💰 Optimized 💸

🔥 Quad Elemental Incinerate & Spectres build 😈

IGN: Animaux/Hauntbladez/Shadowhound/Melody

IGN:Hauntworld - ICU Omniscient PvP guild
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PvP Low life crit caster / Gear -->/1829851
HLD PvP tournaments -->/1576295
Last edited by hauntworld1 on Sep 23, 2013, 6:48:18 PM
added pic
The 6x6x6 lightning nodes in the Templar is better spent in the witch equivalent where u can get 6x6x12.

Pretty sure also the 8x8x8 projectile damage nodes in the shadow is better than the 5x5x5 elemental nodes, as projectile damage does increase your elemental damage as well as physical.

Mind drinker is pretty much worthless unless you have a good physical wand.

he would rape everything except ele reflect :P, ... I had similar issues with my 85 wander though after getting used to walking around perpetually fearful of reflect you get used to it.
Baked Beans - Meme Dreams
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQ_a2zFbPIIiE4kURsvQ4Dw
"
PoE17 wrote:
The 6x6x6 lightning nodes in the Templar is better spent in the witch equivalent where u can get 6x6x12.

Pretty sure also the 8x8x8 projectile damage nodes in the shadow is better than the 5x5x5 elemental nodes, as projectile damage does increase your elemental damage as well as physical.

Mind drinker is pretty much worthless unless you have a good physical wand.

he would rape everything except ele reflect :P, ... I had similar issues with my 85 wander though after getting used to walking around perpetually fearful of reflect you get used to it.

I do not have those 6x6x6 nodes atm, this is just an approx of my build at lvl 100 and those nodes i took them at like lvl 95+ and right now i am 73, thank's for your opinion and i might go with your idea if i ever reach these levels haha. And by the way i can tank elemental reflect fine with my lmp chain skill. i tried it multiple times in my maps and i did not die from reflect, i'd skip a pack of 20 mobs with a reflect rare but not a single rare with a couple mobs with him, you just gotta be carefull and gauge if you can tank it or not.

I'll post my 73 tree
Last edited by hauntworld1 on Jul 5, 2013, 6:01:30 AM
lv 73 tree added
I've been wanting to try a PS build for a while and this gave me some ambition. I've got a temp up to lev 30 now in Act3 Normal. I've been leveling him mainly using Ice Nova just because the AOE is great. At what point did you switch over to using PS? I found it awfully weak in early use and wonder if it's really only viable once you start picking up +ele modifiers in both the passive tree and gear?

Thx
"
Aegineer wrote:
I've been wanting to try a PS build for a while and this gave me some ambition. I've got a temp up to lev 30 now in Act3 Normal. I've been leveling him mainly using Ice Nova just because the AOE is great. At what point did you switch over to using PS? I found it awfully weak in early use and wonder if it's really only viable once you start picking up +ele modifiers in both the passive tree and gear?

Thx

I actually played my wander from lvl 1, but i can tell you the most important thing is your wand, you need atleast a double elemental wand fire/lightning will be your best elements. When you start you should grab all the life nodes in the templar tree, this is essential to survive when you start since the damage is kinda low. At mids levels you should aim for the elemental damage nodes, like where you're at atm. After you've taken some ele damage nodes you can go get eldritch battery and after that it's critical nodes and dont forget to go get that 30% increased lightning damage with weapons node from shadow tree. Flat ele damage and WED can add up a lot of damage to you powersiphon, as you can see i have quite high ele damage on my items so i can focus on crit nodes to boost my dps. This build is extremely gear dependent and you might feel like you're not doing enough damage but that's mostly because of the gear. Just take a look at what i use and try to get similar items, remember that the wand is top priority. Oh and dont forget that accuracy also increases dps and it's very important to have high accuracy on your items.
Last edited by hauntworld1 on Jul 5, 2013, 11:35:59 PM
I have my old wand when i started for sale and more, it's a very good wand if you have an offer you can pm me !

If those can upgrade another wander pm me !
update
Sorry to rain on your parade bud, but you aren't number one. By far. Sadistik has 2.5x your dps...
Ign: TheMidgetCow (Level 88.8 CI Leapslam Templar --- Default)
TheMidgetCowAmbush (Level 91.7 Buzzsaw Ranger --- Ambush)
TheMidgetCowBurns (Level X LowLife RF Scion --- Ambush)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/348309/page/1 --- Legacy Guide to CI Leapslam Templar

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info