What was Path of Exile like five years ago?

"
MesostelZe wrote:
"
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAHAHAAHAHAH were you having at least 1 player testing your game at that time ? D1 was looking better hahahah.

You go write a game engine which looks and works as well as PoE did at that time (let alone which plays as well as D1), and then get back to us. :) This kind of thing isn't as trivial as you might think.

From scratch it's not that trivial (but to be fair, it sort of is, if this is your supposed area of expertise), but with the amount of engines and sdks available today...
Awesome vid, great fun to watch! Health/Mana-globes should look like that in todays build too imo. And I saw that cape/cloak slot! GIVE IT HERE! NOOOOOOOW! :)

"

From scratch it's not that trivial (but to be fair, it sort of is, if this is your supposed area of expertise), but with the amount of engines and sdks available today...

The engine was programmed from scratch. A lighting engine isn't the easiest thing in the world to program. Nor a physics engine with collision detection.
"
Aux wrote:
Nostalgia!

How is this nostalgia? You joined July 28, 2012.. Therefore you would have never played anything close to this version. Or you don't understand what nostalgia means.
Thank you @Chris <3. Was really fun to watch :P. Yep this is how it rolls, when you start something from nothing.

And omg @Elynole, were are you man i missed you O_O :P.
GGG thank you for all the great things you are doing. You have combined every element of all other great Rpg's and joined them together as one Diamond, that will shine Forever.

This is coming straight from the heart <3
"
Elynole wrote:
"

The engine was programmed from scratch. A lighting engine isn't the easiest thing in the world to program. Nor a physics engine with collision detection.

The lighting engine in this case is trivial and virtually non-existent, same could be said about the 'physics and collision detection'. If there are things about PoE that you don't want to point out due to simplicity, those are it.
Great to see Chris - a fair bit more Primitive than the first of the closed beta test builds we had to play with.

I really liked the older Health/Mana Globes though! Feel free to fancy them up a bit like this, i'm sure most will agree on this!

"
tuckc89 wrote:
"
Aux wrote:
Nostalgia!

How is this nostalgia? You joined July 28, 2012.. Therefore you would have never played anything close to this version. Or you don't understand what nostalgia means.

I think its more to do with the Nostalgia for Chris, rather than that of Aux. Think about what you say before you press Enter.

And since you joined 2 days after Aux, where do you stand?
Beta Member Since 0.9.0 | Current Character : ExExCorpse
Creator of Prismatic Rings AND Unique Thief's Torment Prismatic Ring
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Guide to Loot Filters - Here
"
davros70 wrote:
"
tuckc89 wrote:

I think its more to do with the Nostalgia for Chris, rather than that of Aux.

It could also have something to do with 2008 in general - but I digress.

It might be an interesting idea to have a high-level map (or a randomly spawning dungeon) that uses the appearance of 0.2 as a pseudo-"Easter Egg"/Descent level of sorts - perhaps called "Abantiquo" or something?
This was amazing. Thanks for sharing!
What's good is often forgotten, what's bad is often hidden.
These versions should be up for comunity download. I want to fight a cardboard box with a picture of a zombie in 0.1

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info