What was Path of Exile like five years ago?

Chris, you should stream this and be the top PoE streamer on Twitch. /Krippsadface
IGN: MinusFour/Teeda
This was great. Thanks for sharing it with us! :)
Invited to Beta 2012-03-18 / Supporter since 2012-04-08
Thanks for sharing this Chris!

I also really enjoyed the video you guys posted on youtube from the "Auckland Game Developers' Meetup" in 2011 where you guys talked about your random level generation methods. (This one : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcM9Ynfzll0)
I don't think I would be able to spend hours on end playing 0.2.0. It is connected to localhost though...there's no place like 127.0.0.1
Great video, what were the min specs to run PoE 0.2.0?
Your tears are like candy to me and I'm a fat kid who wants his candy.
That was awesome! Thanks for taking the time to show it!
I like how it shows monster HP %. for example it shows Zombie 48%. We should add percentages back in!
niceee i want more of this!!!
make a game would be the dream of my life,
and its something im definitly going to do(im studying programming for that)
so this kind of stuff gives me the chills hahah, i would love to see more,
and im very happy that passionate people like u guys, get to where u are today
u hope this succes keeps going, u guys have a lot of potencial, fuck big and cold companies, u guys rock

cheers from buenos aires, argentina
Thank you for this video. It's so cool seeing the very beginnings of the game and seeing just how far you all have come. It's really remarkable. I know the feeling of having a playable game must have been so good. I can tell you guys at GGG really care about this game. It just shows in the way you talk about the development and your attachment to it. I hope GGG has a long successful career in making games.
"
unsmith wrote:
What you don't see is right after the crash, Chris died to desync.

:)

this.

lol
0.2.0 marked the introduction of our (basic) random dungeon generation system, my first task at GGG. It was made for our 2008 Xmas party, in our then-new office, and was playable to our friends and family who attended.

There were 9 or so levels of increasing difficulty, culminating in an epic battle against our very first boss: Chatters, the giant skeleton. Of course, there were no skills for him (or the player) to use, so the fight wasn't super interesting...

It was still fun, though, to stack 5 points into run speed and zoom around 75% faster than normal.

We had:
-Only one character class (Ranger)
-No sound
-No skills
-No minimap/overlay map
-No town
-No quests or NPCs
-No area transitions (you had to click on certain bone piles)

Good times.
Code warrior

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info