What was Path of Exile like five years ago?

I hope that all of the people who point out the imperfections of the game watch this and realize how far all of you have come with this game. I hope that they realize you are only going to try to take it even further and it helps them be a little more patient. I imagine coding a video game is not an easy thing and to see what the game used to look like and play like, and then see what it has become is amazing. Even if you stop developing this game today and never patch it again, you've already allowed me to play one of the best games I've played in my whole life.
Arguing on the Internet: What's the point when you can't punch them in the face when they really piss you off?
"
Chris wrote:
"
Wooser69 wrote:
Chris! Your voice got deeper!

I was probably just holding the microphone differently :P

I didn't pre-script and read the text for this video, I was just making it up as I went, so that may affect my tone.

Good man! : )
IRON MAN
I have so many questions! However, I think I'll spare everyone the questions and just say how impressed I am by progress GGG has made since that early build.

Congrats!
Awesome stuff, love it.
MonstaMunch: "You're just jelly because you can't afford to mirror my rod. It's 100% reel."

GooberM: "How does that not warrant a good ol' stabby-stabby?"
Thanks for sharing this,Chris! I loved your commentary, and I hope you can share more pieces of PoE history next time.

I laughed so hard at the zombies drifting off to sleep when you 'killed' them. This makes me appreciate how far the game has come from those early years.
Cool =)
IGN: lVlage (96 Witch)
Awesome video. Now how about some more Build of the Week videos?
I loved seeing this. There's so much work that goes in to making a game like this work, much less be engaging and fun to play. It's good to have get some perspective. Thanks for letting the community in on the design process and letting us see Path of Exile, warts and all.
I love that everyone involved with PoE, from the head cheese, all the way down to the casual players (like me) are just gamer nerds at heart. No pocket filling corporate suits mucking up the tasty stew here :)

What you don't see is right after the crash, Chris died to desync.

:)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info