[2.4] How to smash Heads. Extremely detailed guide about the Facebreaker gloves and builds!

"
kompaniet wrote:
"
KorgothBG wrote:
You'll lose around 7000-8000 DPS

In theory it also allows you to get higher damage on your rings/amulet to make up for the damage loss.

In theory you can have higher damage on your rings/amulet AND use the Meginod(in my case it's not a theory but a fact :) ) Besides look at my rings and amulet... pretty much thats the cap ...
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Dec 4, 2013, 12:51:51 PM
thank you for the depth reply!I hope you can continue with your amazing work! ;)
I tested with Dominating blow and this is my conclusion: a waste of time...IB is the way to go!
Here are my reasons:
1. If you're strong enough, then you wont need to rely on your minions.
2. If you're weak, then you wont kill fast enough to dominate your minions for the time it lasts.
3. You can't use culling strike cuz it affects your minions also...
4. Minions are only good for the current level.
5. FPS says hello!
6. Big mana issues like KorgothBG mentionned.

In conclusion, there's no point to use DB, except if you like to break record on the max minions you can have!
Last edited by lamwire on Dec 4, 2013, 3:59:08 PM
"
KorgothBG wrote:
"
kompaniet wrote:
"
KorgothBG wrote:
You'll lose around 7000-8000 DPS

In theory it also allows you to get higher damage on your rings/amulet to make up for the damage loss.

In theory you can have higher damage on your rings/amulet AND use the Meginod(in my case it's not a theory but a fact :) ) Besides look at my rings and amulet... pretty much thats the cap ...

Hmm look at that empyrian ring I linked and that is 2 of max damage on rings. Getting higher then this with life or manaleech is possible in theory but try to find it. If it even is for sale (which it isn't) will cost +20 ex (or 10 chaos for someone who doesn't know the value). People will be cheaper off not getting a meginord and buying rings and amu without leech on it. Your equipment is better ofc but unattainable for the masses.
Last edited by bowmore17 on Dec 4, 2013, 4:45:53 PM
Well of course that's true... like i said Wurm's molt is a good solution until you can get the leech from your rings/amulet :)
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Dec 4, 2013, 5:33:22 PM
"
KorgothBG wrote:
Well of course that's true... like i said Wurm's molt is a good solution until you can get the leech from your rings/amulet :)

Totally agree. There's no reason to remove meginord especially for end game I guess.
I dont rely on Meginord for a long time since I can solo Piety.

This is the replacement I like, 12% IIQ is not a small amount considering that there's no IIQ rare items in Domination, what I lose is ~3000DPS, but who cares? I can kill every mobs in second! And 30 attributes saves me two +30 nodes!

Now I'm sitting at 39%IIQ 147%IIR on IB(IIR gem supported), and some more when culling bosses with

Also, Im not using any mana leech item so that I can spam my Divination all the time:) (hatred+clarity aure, which leave me 250 mana pool, enough for 5~6 IB hits)

My gears atm
Spoiler

for spell bosses
mana leech for tough boss fights
Last edited by hcoo on Dec 4, 2013, 11:55:07 PM
Just had to post here to say thanks! I started this build yesterday and am now blazing through Cruel difficulty faster than I ever have. I feel like I'm cheating!

Grabbed a Meginord's and the Facebreakers (790%) right away for around an exalt each (on Domination). The rest of my gear is laughably outdated, but I'm still plowing through everything. Will gradually acquire the rest of the needed items as I level.

Anyway, pretty pointless post, other than to say thanks for sharing this guide.
"
lamwire wrote:
I tested with Dominating blow and this is my conclusion: a waste of time...IB is the way to go!
Here are my reasons:
2. If you're weak, then you wont kill fast enough to dominate your minions for the time it lasts.
5. FPS says hello!

In conclusion, there's no point to use DB, except if you like to break record on the max minions you can have!

I use db on elemental reflect maps because i tend to blow myself up if i use ib on those.
I never blow myself up with db so it's very useful to have for those maps.

"
hcoo wrote:
I dont rely on Meginord for a long time since I can solo Piety.

This is the replacement I like, 12% IIQ is not a small amount considering that there's no IIQ rare items in Domination, what I lose is ~3000DPS, but who cares? I can kill every mobs in second! And 30 attributes saves me two +30 nodes!

Now I'm sitting at 39%IIQ 147%IIR on IB(IIR gem supported), and some more when culling bosses with

Also, Im not using any mana leech item so that I can spam my Divination all the time:) (hatred+clarity aure, which leave me 250 mana pool, enough for 5~6 IB hits)

My gears atm
Spoiler

for spell bosses
mana leech for tough boss fights

Good setup but what's the point of your unique shield aegis aurora? Replenishes Energy Shield by 4% of Armour when you Block is nice but are you really using an energy shield based build? The shield has low armour and bad stats for this build imo.

The amulet is pointless also. Spellblock? Saffel shield provides 75% spell block and lets you use a better amulet.
Last edited by kompaniet on Dec 5, 2013, 11:03:08 AM
"
kompaniet wrote:
"
lamwire wrote:
Here are my reasons:
5. FPS says hello!

I use db on elemental reflect maps because i tend to blow myself up if i use ib on those.
I never blow myself up with db so it's very useful to have for those maps.

Yeah, the ele reflect got me in trouble a few times with IB. To solve that, what I did was simply swap melee splash with added fire damage. I killed faster and less splash, better recovery.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info