[2.4] How to smash Heads. Extremely detailed guide about the Facebreaker gloves and builds!

Hi tacodisco

1. Insanely good. Literally there's no map that you can't do if you have the right gear
2. I did and it is easy. The only problem with Maze is the Vaal Smahs and that's the esiest skill to dodge. You can facetank The Residence Dominus and for the palace one... can't tell never did it with this build . But i've done with my ohe FB build and the only possible problem could be the Dominus smash.. i just don't know if it can one shot me...
3. I use Brightbeak + Cleave
4. Make sure that you take the Kraytin reward in normal ( especialy if you use BoR ) If you use BoR it's harder but there are so many available res nodes along the way... for me maxing my res was never a problem
5. You have high life pool and very high life regen + life leech. An you just oneshot everything that deal chaos damage ( only in Jungle map the boss deals primarily chaos damage ) so you wont even notice it. Now in Jungle map .. i don't know.. i never had problems there... but some say that they do struggle there.. so i don't know how to advice you about that map
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Dec 3, 2013, 2:42:32 PM
I did the jungle map solo with -60% chaos res. Just bring some chaos res flasks and you will be fine.
Last edited by kompaniet on Dec 3, 2013, 2:21:07 PM
Just wondering how the melee splash nerf affects IB for this build. Will Dominating Blow be the go to now or is the nerf small enough that you don't notice it?

edit for specific patch note i am referring to

The Melee Splash damage penalty is no longer specifically attack damage.
Last edited by Tuul on Dec 3, 2013, 4:35:30 PM
Well i did some maps to test it out and i must say that the change is insignificant.. i really can't see the difference.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Great thanks for looking into it mine is still a little guy and my FB was a low roll but i have been enjoying the heck out of it... still need a 4 link for my IB so i can run Blood Magic and LOH with splash but enjoying the build thus far.

Thanks for the great guide

edited for spelling
Last edited by Tuul on Dec 3, 2013, 5:34:52 PM
Hey im about to make a facebreaker guy now, i just have 2 questions

1. Is the passive tree link updated for 1.0.2?
2. Are there any pros/cons, rolling it duelist vs marader?
So I got super lucky on my first char as an EK Scion and found a Bringer which has now led to me messing around with this build. It is as fun as OP and everyone has said. I made the stupid mistake of taking Oak early on though and will probably be paying for it soon as Kraitlyn is just worth so much more losing so many gear slots to 0% resist gear.

I was trying to dig through all the posts and see if anyone discussed the Elemental Damage nodes (Not weapon, just Elemental Damage) particularly ones near the Templar Start area.

I am breaking the 103 skill point threshold soon and was trying to figure out good choices to spend additional points on and they seemed very tempting.
@SamuraiSheep

1. Of course it is :)
2. Well in the end they have the same skill trees. I guess as a marauder you can get Resolute technique earlier... but that's all.

@Lightmgl

Well the Elemental damage nodes will boost your DPS indeed, i mean large portion of the damage is elemental ( cold, fire ) personaly i think that the damage is enough as it is so i'd prefer to focus on even more defenses. Well that's a matter of personal preferences so ele dmg nodes will do fine too.
"
KorgothBG wrote:
@SamuraiSheep

1. Of course it is :)
2. Well in the end they have the same skill trees. I guess as a marauder you can get Resolute technique earlier... but that's all.

@Lightmgl

Well the Elemental damage nodes will boost your DPS indeed, i mean large portion of the damage is elemental ( cold, fire ) personaly i think that the damage is enough as it is so i'd prefer to focus on even more defenses. Well that's a matter of personal preferences so ele dmg nodes will do fine too.

Yeah I'm torn, maybe I need to try some of the mid 70s maps and see how my defenses are. I was thinking the Templar starting area had that nice cluster of 6 nodes for 8% aoe radius, 31% ele damage, 10% ele res

Its going to come down to that or just grabbing more life or shield defense from what I can see?
"
Lightmgl wrote:

Its going to come down to that or just grabbing more life or shield defense from what I can see?

Exactly! The Purity of Flesh cluster is very nice option - 36% life; 12% chaos res. Or you could get more armour or overcap your resistances.
Last edited by KorgothBG on Dec 4, 2013, 5:23:13 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info