[2.4] How to smash Heads. Extremely detailed guide about the Facebreaker gloves and builds!

That will be taking the jewel to extreme indeed it won't result in a fully optimized build of course but the possibility is just awesome!

I too don't think that the jewel will be introduced as it is now in the beta ... it's just ... stupidly powerful. ANd i'm not talking about Facebreakers... i'm talking about Pillar of the caged god, low life ranged/melee builds and the biggest problem of all - party play. You can get hundreds of flat physical damage if you are in a party and playing in a party already has great advantages and with this gem it will be even more punishing to play solo. I honestly hope it won't happen. To tell you the truth .. even tho i'd love to have such a jewel for my FB guy ... i prefer that this jewel does not see the light of day at all ... or if it does .. something along the lines of (1-2) - (3-5) flat phys damage per buff would be more than enough!

And let's not forget that GGG guys said that some powerful unique jewels might never actually exist when the expansion is out. And if this jewel is not the most powerful one .. then i don't know which one is... well the Fortify per melee hit jewel is just ... stupid... it's not as powerful as Mantra of Force but it is crazy good and makes the fortify support gem obsolete ... but as far as i know it's not in the beta yet or at least no one found it.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Hi
Your guide is very nice but can i ask this question? between your guide and this guide, what do u think?
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/993394 this is scion cyclone facebreaker guide of DeChaoOrdo
Well they are similar with the following difference.
The DeChaoOrdo spends huge amounts of passives for damage nodes while neglecting his defenses resulting in much lower life/armour/life regen and in outright terrible block chance. Instead of that he ends up with very high tooltip cyclone dps.
While on the other hand my build tries grab as much defenses as possible while still still having close to the optimal DPS.
I've tried and tested extensively Very high survivability vs Very high DPS and these are my findings ( i'll again remind you that 75% of my near to 4000 hours of poe are dedicated to Facebreakers )

High cyclone DPS (above 50k)
pros.
+ You kill bosses a bit faster ( instead of the usual 4-5 secs it takes 2-3 secs )
+ You contribute with more DPS when you play in a party
+ You have high tooltip DPS and you can brag about it
cons.
- Reflect is much scarier
- The clear speed doesn't really change after a certain amount of dps ( around 50k-55k ) ... think of it that way ... does it matter to you if you fall from 1000 meters or from 1000000 meters?
- Sacrificing so much defenses means that it is much more likely to die and above level 90 the death penalty is extremely painful and it crushes your soul.

High defenses
pros.
+ You'll rarely die and at some point ... you just won't die ensuring safe and steady leveling and gameplay experience
+ Reflect? What is that?
cons.
- You'll kill bosses for 4-5 secs instead of 2 secs
- You won't contribute with crazy DPS ... but it will be enough and is critical situations you'll be the last man standing
- You can't brag with your high tooltip DPS numbers ... sorry

So this is the main difference between the two builds.
There are some other different decisions which can quickly be implemented in either of the builds
1. The lack of inc aoe gem or carcass jack countered with the use of HoA + Ele Prolif
2. The use of Inc. AOE gem instead of Added fire gem
3. The use of Blood Rage

IMPORTNAT !
Don't get me wrong! His build is NOT a glass cannon and it remains a pretty tanky one ( i.e it is tankier than a 2h mirrored axe cycloner )! My build is not a turtle tank and it deals more than enough damage ( i.e it deals more than a 2h mirrored axe cycloner ) Both builds are perfectly fine. In the end it's up to you! :)
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Hey guys!
So i've been playing around with the closed beta tree ... and here is what i'll most likely use with my 96 level duelist IF the tree remains the same when the expansion is released.

It's pretty much the same with the one that i'm using right now:

With a few differences:
1. Of course some points are spent in order to grab 4 jewel sockets ( 1 for the unarmed range jewel, 1 for the AOE radius while unarmed, 1 for the Mantra of force and 1 for the Survival skills OR the Fortify jewel ) Of course the number of need jewel sockets might change based on which jewels actually made it into the game.

2. Since Herald of Ash now reserves 30% of your mana ( and probably it will remain that way ) we'll need to grab an extra 4% reduced mana reservation node ... and that leads us right next to Sovereignity ...so why not grab it as well? So yea .. i'll probably take it .. but i'll need to see if it will be worth once i can actually try it.

3. So in order to do 1. and 2. i'll have to loose the unrelenting life cluster and also 2 phys damage nodes in the duelist start. The good thing is that act 4 quests give 1 more skill point per difficulty so it's only these nodes atm. And who knows? Probably more quests will give passive skill points so we'll be able to grab some more life nodes? We'll see ^^

4. I haven't but i could loose the Diamond Skin Passive if i desperately need that passive skill point. I use that node to overcap my resistances anyway :)

Overall i'm happy with the current CB tree.

P.S. Strange ... when i look at the tree planner now ... it's in ... chinese ? Anyway since the nodes are the same as before it shouldn't be a problem
Last edited by KorgothBG on May 7, 2015, 2:07:14 AM
So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
Last edited by fiqst on May 6, 2015, 10:26:17 PM
Awesome! Thnaks man!
I have no idea what i've done ( apparently something stupid ) .. i've made the tree in English but then ... boom ... Chinese .. it doesn't matter :)
Anyway thanks again ^^
Hey man^^

I'm currently running your Cyclone FB build an I'm very happy about it xD I don't got legacy FB's but my 790% FB's are doing the job very well. I got just one problem... Leapers and Flickers :/
I don't know why but if I stand still and 4-5 leapers are hitting me, I'm insta dead. I think a IC-Setup could handle it but you're also getting along with it right?

I hope you can understand me, I'm not a native english speaker xD
So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
What do you think of "Unyielding"?

Its 20% reduced Critical Strike from all damage sources.

Pretty powerful defensive note, i wounder why it isnt picked so often.

@greenwzrd
Well how good are your defenses?
How big is your life pool?
How much armour do you have?
How much block chance do you have?
And some less important stuff like:
Do you have rumi flask or at least a granite flask?
Do you generate endurance charges?

@fiqst
Im on my phone and for some reason it just refuses to play the video... i'll check it out the moment i have an access to a pc :)

@hitreza
Well first of all you need to spent way too much passives to get it.
Second - there are not that many enekies that can crit.
And third there are even less enemies with noticeable crit multipler
So in the end it's not really worth it unless you play a high damage crit build and you want to handle reflect better.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info