[2.4] How to smash Heads. Extremely detailed guide about the Facebreaker gloves and builds!

If I'm planning on sticking with Infernal Blow, what chest do you think is best? I've been considering Daresso's Defiance and Atziri's Splendour, but I can't make up my mind. Any other suggestions?
Both are fine, belly of the beast is good too, a nice rare astral plate is also a viable choice

@igasThere are a couple of reasons why did bad
1. avoid doing temp chains in residence/palace maps.... with that mod you can't avoid the touch of god!
2. Cyclone is indeed better when it comes to boss killing and personaly i can count the serious desync situations that happened to me on the fingers of my hands, with all that said infernal blow is also perfectly viable... the problem is that you have a rather low dps. 21k cyclone dps is fine, 21k infernal blow dps is low
3. Were you using the saffell's frame? If you haven't.... well that's a big mistake.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Mar 7, 2015, 5:01:12 AM
I don't know if someone has asked before or if it was mentioned already. But, would you be able to add a small section or add it to the previous sections on what level / quality the gems should be? I haven't been leveling some of them just because I'm still new / learning and don't want to mess this up. Level 63 so far and still just going through with a breeze. Using the Cyclone version by the way with a 5 link Carcass jack
I haven't added that because i thought it was clear... anyway i'll explain. Aside from the cast when damage taken and the skills linked it (and i've explained this :)) everything else you want it to be as high level/quality as possible. Some gems have useless quality for this build (i.e. blood magic) but i've already explained that.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
i made a mistake i checked my dps whit out auras whit auras (it was late night) whit auras i have 31k dps and if i swich out mele splash i get up to 41k whit 5l
OK that sounds about right.

Well i guess it's a combination of temporal chains + bad luck on the block procs + not that big of a life pool.

So have you used Saffell's Frame for the fight ?
don't remember to be honest there was some physical dmg minions somoned constantly so i might not used it because physical dmg hurt crazy when not using lioneye but probably these weak minion was not big enough reason to not switch to saffell's frame
It's just that the lightning stream of souls hurts like hell without the saffell.
"
KorgothBG wrote:
I haven't added that because i thought it was clear... anyway i'll explain. Aside from the cast when damage taken and the skills linked it (and i've explained this :)) everything else you want it to be as high level/quality as possible. Some gems have useless quality for this build (i.e. blood magic) but i've already explained that.

So would this be right then?

Spoiler
Pretty much yes.
A couple of notes tho.
Concentrated effect's quality is not worth spending currency on. 15% more or less life cost ( due to the blood magic support gem ) has 0 impact and is not noticeable at all.
Culling strike's quality if you are going to use it with counter-attack has no effect on the said counter-attack. It gives attack speed which has nothing to do with counter-attacks. ( explained in the "Counterattacks" section that attack speed does not affect them )
Reduced mana quality has no effect on aura reservation costs thus making it completely useless for auras. ( as explained in the "Auras" section )

When it comes to quality ( i already talked about this ... somewhere :D ) your priority should be

1. Cyclone
2. Increased AoE ( if you are going to use one )
3. Faster Attacks
4. Melee Physical Damage ( in the cyclone setup )
5. Reckoning
6. Everything else
Last edited by KorgothBG on Mar 7, 2015, 8:33:31 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info