[2.4] How to smash Heads. Extremely detailed guide about the Facebreaker gloves and builds!

@memnoch998
No melee splash ? Does it work well ? gotta test .. tho melee splash and IB just go along so well ...
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Is there any option to go Blood Magic with a Cyclone/Dominating Blow/Infernal Blow build? I assume a couple of auras would have to be sacrificed, but otherwise it saves a gem socket (which can greatly boost damage) and (I think) it doesn't have the mana (life) multiplier, which saves quite a bit of life per attack.

Is the keystone viable? Also, since I am still downloading the patch, how have the cyclone changes affected the build? Is cyclone still good?
@korg
It works pretty well for a good boost in dps, but honestly, i just need to 6l my chest and go at it from there. Adding in melee splash drops my dps about 6k, but the way it interacts with IB is totally worth it, and it helps proc HoA REALLY well. Add in 23% quality on IB/the Amplify passive and things start blowing up all over the place. More people need to give this build a shot, it's super cheap to get started, and once you start making money, stepping into a pair of legacy fb's feels SO nice.

Keep up the interesting thread.
Ah i see you'll put it in as a 6th link ^^

@Assassin2000
No mate it's not viable because you sacrifice hatred + HoA + Determination ... the hatred + hoa gives you more damage than any support gem that you can fit in instead of BM support gem ... and you lose determination and get nothing in return. On top of that you need to waste passive skill points.
The life cost per cast is pretty much nothing .. hell even 200-300 life per cast is nothing when you leech life, when you have awesome amounts of life regen .. and lets face it .. what is 200 life when you have 5500+ life ?
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
"
KorgothBG wrote:
Ah i see you'll put it in as a 6th link ^^

@Assassin2000
No mate it's not viable because you sacrifice hatred + HoA + Determination ... the hatred + hoa gives you more damage than any support gem that you can fit in instead of BM support gem ... and you lose determination and get nothing in return. On top of that you need to waste passive skill points.
The life cost per cast is pretty much nothing .. hell even 200-300 life per cast is nothing when you leech life, when you have awesome amounts of life regen .. and lets face it .. what is 200 life when you have 5500+ life ?

OK, the download finally finished and I am online. I managed to get the colours you advised on my legacy BOR (1r, 1g and 2b) and I linked it with: Cyclone-Blood Magic-Conc effect- Increased AOE and with all my gear and auras (Hatred and HOA) I come to 19k dps. This is still higher than with my 5l chest with Abyssus, which is great, but is 2k lower than 5l Carcass Jack with abyssus. 2k is nothing to worry about, but I am just wondering how you get to dps numbers of 30k+? Do you have more dps nodes, or something? Maybe the problem is that Conc effect is only level 4 and the rest are lvl 17-18. I also am only level 73, which also might contribute to it.

I'm pretty satisfied with my dps, just wondering how you got to such high numbers :)
Well show me your gear and i'll tell you ^^
I have pretty much the maximum possible damage from my rings/amulet/facebreakers/belt also all of my gems are 20/20%
Last edited by KorgothBG on Dec 13, 2014, 3:23:56 AM
"
KorgothBG wrote:
Well show me your gear and i'll tell you ^^
I have pretty much the maximum possible damage from my rings/amulet/facebreakers/belt also all of my gems are 20/20%

OK, here goes:

The reason I was using that ruby ring was because of the leech, but with my skill tree I went past and picked up the leech nodes near the marauder/duelist area. So, basically, I plan to replace the ring soon. Secondly, I want to run Purity of Elements because I am finding it really hard to cap resists and I have invested into all the nearby resistance nodes. Also, since I don't have abyssus on, physical damage is absolutely no problem due to good block, decent evasion, high armour and 4 endurance charges. Running Purity of Elements also saves a ton of points going up into the templar area.

Also, what is your CWDT setup with BOR? Looks like I will have to drop immortal call...
I don't use immortal call
CWDT + EC + Temp chains ( level 1 + level 5 + level 5 )
CWDT + Rej totem + Molten shell + EC ( all level 20 )

about th damage .. well if you have the tree suggested by me the only reason left for you to have lower dps is the level/quality of your gems and the lower rolled facebreaker gloves
"
KorgothBG wrote:
I don't use immortal call
CWDT + EC + Temp chains ( level 1 + level 5 + level 5 )
CWDT + Rej totem + Molten shell + EC ( all level 20 )

about th damage .. well if you have the tree suggested by me the only reason left for you to have lower dps is the level/quality of your gems and the lower rolled facebreaker gloves

I just ran a map and lucked out. A Vengeance gem dropped for me and I immediately tried it out. It seems to work! Unlinked, at level 1, it gives a 30% chance to 'counterattack' when hit and it deals 3.3k dps!

I am not sure, but I have a feeling in a week's time people will be complaining about how OP these gems are...

Wow
Last edited by umuk on Dec 13, 2014, 8:39:19 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info