[2.4] How to smash Heads. Extremely detailed guide about the Facebreaker gloves and builds!

"
paladinshiva wrote:
The thing is about 8% or 40 max life, is that that decision is very expensive, 20 Regrets.

So that's why I am trying to make it a solid choice...

I'm not high enough level to make this call for sure yet, but here's a little napkin math. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong about any of this.

In the screenshot on page 1, the OP has 4902 health. The build has approximately +236% life (336% total) at that point. His base health is therefore approximately 4902/3.36 = 1459. 40 health * 3.36 = 134.4 health. 134.4 / 1459 = 9.21%, so that means that for the OP at level 85, Oak is slightly better than a 9% life node.

My gut is that it comes down to whether 9.2% life is better than 8% to resists. I think the resist is probably slightly stronger if it lets you avoid taking a 6% resist node, but slightly weaker if you are overcapping based on gear. I suspect the resist bonus is probably substantially stronger in Cruel however since you have less +% life at that point. Overall, it's probably not worth worrying too much about it though.
Sorry I guess I wasn't clear... Choice is between 8% To All Resistances or 40 to Maximum
Life. It's a choice between Kraityn and Oak at Normal difficulty.
To respec bandit quest is 20 Regret Orbs. And I previously talked about making one of these choices solidly justified.
Korgoth says it's easier to get 8% all res on gear then 40 life, but I always thought resists are more expensive
IGN: Infernalle
Loved this build alot going around smashing things with my 990% FB but today i got them stolen.... It was quite upsetting so i went and bought a new pair 705% from ~20kdps to 15kdps Thanks for the great build!
@tanis0 & @paladinshiva
Regarding the resists. Don't forget that getting resists from gear is easier but getting enough resists might be more difficult. In 95% of the cases you'll need atleast one or two resist passives to cap your resiststances and that's with Kraytin Reward in normal... imagine if you were without it. Also overcapping is not such a bad thing. There are situations where you want your resists to be overcapped ( Elemental wekness maps, being cursed with - ele res curses ). So for me the Kraytin choice is supirior. After all you can't have resists on your helmet, gloves, weapon, shield and if you are using BoR - on your chest and your beelt just gives some cold res.

@that1guy
Thanks for your support for such a long time. If a Better pair of Facebreakers drops - it's yours!
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Mar 15, 2014, 2:36:16 AM
Awesome!!! Last concern taken care of.
Ur the best man.
Last edited by paladinshiva on Mar 15, 2014, 3:37:24 AM
Heya, just hit 70 in Invasion with this build as a Marauder, and it's been a blast! (literally) I'm working on picking up a Lioneye's Glare and a helmet before I hit up maps. However, I'm having a dilemma choosing between Abyssus or BoR.

I saw your post earlier about Abyssus vs BoR, and it really does looks like the BoR has been hit with a pretty huge nerf which makes it a bit unappealing. Since it's a new league I don't have access to any legacy ones. On the other hand, the 40%-50% increased physical damage taken with Abyssus seems pretty shaky in a hardcore league, especially one with freakishly strong unique bosses all over the place. Then again, Abyssus is much cheaper and has the added survivability of an armor/health/resists chest. I'm unfamiliar with both items, so I was wondering if you had any thoughts on this? Does the BoR nerf make it unviable/is Abyssus too much of a danger hazard?

Thanks for the help, and the guide! I've gotten the farthest and had more fun than ever before with this build! Punchin' to Win 10/10
Well EcksWhaiXi Abyssus is really alot better it was even before the BoR nerf more damage and alot easier to handle your resists

BUT

for a hardcore league it is more dangerous to use it if you don't have a good chest to give you a good amount of armour and atleast 90 life. And in a new league such chests ( combined with being atleast 5 linked ) is difficult and expensive. Furthermore not having Lioneye's Remorse yet is a big hit to your physical damage defenses ( block,huge armour, life )
It's really hard for me to say which one would be better in a hardcore league. With great gear - Abyssus all the way, but great gear so early in a new league is not easy to acquire. You see i just don't want to give you a bad advice and get you killed.

Maybe getting a BoR until you get a good chest , shield etc. would be the best option. You can always sell the BoR later on. In the end it's up to you those were just my thoughts( general thoughts not tested in invasion ) on your question .
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Okay, thanks for the input! I'm currently using a 6L chest that I was INSANELY lucky enough to roll at ~lvl 50. I can't roll any good life/res combos worth a damn on it though (ilvl IS 50), so I think I'll sell it and find a much beefier, more level appropriate 5L, then take baby steps into endgame with an Abyssus and Lioneye's. If not, I'll run with the BoR.

No worries, any deaths will be on my part or GGG's for implementing such ridiculous mechanics into this league :P

Thanks again for the quick and helpful reply!
Hey what you think about culling strike?
Its 10 atk spd, 22% dmg but kills everyone under 10% life...
Faster attacks is 54% faster attack, and has 5% more mana multi.
I am going to test it when I get 20/20 stuff but maybe you know?
Also, I want to test Berserking nodes vs/plus Templar AOE nodes.
Thing is, as I see it we have a lot of iAOE from Melee splash(20 AOE) and Infernal Blow(20 AOE)
So we lose 12% Aoe and 8% more damage(I think this one stacks)

So maybe if we get cull and berserking nodes +28% total aspd but also 22% plus dmg...
Just some thoughts what u think?
also following the build just in Invasion HC for now running 2h maces with IB until i get wear my facesbreakers sofar its a funky build

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info