Is there any build that is better than Kripp's Discharge

"
Freeslana wrote:
You don't get it, it's that kripp fanboys think that this is a completely original idea that has never been done before.

I doubt the vast majority think that at all. I think what people really see is that kripp took a build that existed, perfected it, and made it his own. Not an unreasonable way to look at it I think.

As for OPs question, for me the answer is no. As much as I've played this game, I've never seen a build as offensive/defensive, or remotely as fun for that matter.
I think everyone already knows that it will be nerfed. Is there anyone that doesnt think that it will be nerfed??
Standard Forever
"
Freeslana wrote:
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
Why would this build have existed previously?

The build is created (yes fkn created) by Kripp under the circumstances of nerfed life and no Onyx.

These two circumstances together have only been since Onslaught.

You don't get it, it's that kripp fanboys think that this is a completely original idea that has never been done before.

No, I do get it.

It's that when anybody refers to a build as 'Kripp's Build'...

Be it one he adapted, or created, whether it existed in any form at all previously, people get all crazyindacoconut about it.

When all said and done, the build he is using is his build even if only in the respect that he's using it.

It's fascinating that people actually think that anyone thinks there were never any discharge builds prior and that calling any build Kripp's build suggests that. Nobody is suggesting that.
Casually casual.

"
moozooh wrote:
You know that feeling when deep inside you're jealous of the attention somebody else gets while you think they don't deserve it, so you attempt to play it down at any opportunity? It's what drives people to post this garbage.

It's "Kripp's build" because Kripp is playing it, and not because he has claimed it (he didn't). By the same token, when I ask what your build is, I don't seriously expect that whatever build you're playing is unique and created by yourself from scratch. It's just "your build" to me.

What makes his particular character unique is the precise input/output balance and solutions to mana cost problems that couldn't even be achieved until a month ago because Discharge wasn't that powerful and uniques like Atziri's Foible weren't even in the game. Builds that were "popular" in CB and later in SC were completely different.

I loled. You have truely no clue at all. Mana costs, hahahahah.
How many mana regen nodes are on the tree? I bet you dont know. It was well known before, and the build was played before. How do you think Kripp got to know? He talked on stream about how he had seen discharge rock by someone else. That was already when I feared it would become super mainstream in a short time, but then I again why would I care much about what is mainstream in a game or not? Whatever is good from the majority's view will eventually always become mainstream.

But many people think that Kripp has invented discharge, which is purely bullshit. Also I am not jelaous on someone who is better at computer games which prinicipally only need as much time as possible in order to win (ARPGs). Not saying that ARPGs are bad; they are much fun, but that's simply put how to win in these games. I respect Kripp though, because he knows what he's doing and is very talented at gaming. Not everyone can say that of themselves. He is also a friendly guy, that makes him successful at streaming. But showing your face on the internet has also its downsides, except that is your only career path.
http://tinyurl.com/ooety9v - Ranger bow lightning arrow crit build
Last edited by Dan1986 on Jun 29, 2013, 4:42:38 PM
"
Dan1986 wrote:
But many people think that Kripp has invented discharge

Like who?

Many?

Name one. Where are you getting this from, dude?
Casually casual.

"
TheAnuhart wrote:
"
Dan1986 wrote:

Like who?

Many?

I am getting this from his channel and from the forums. The way people speak. Also ingame, people would say "oh you are another Kripp-spawn/faker/copycat" if they feel like it.
http://tinyurl.com/ooety9v - Ranger bow lightning arrow crit build
Last edited by Dan1986 on Jun 29, 2013, 4:43:26 PM
"
Dan1986 wrote:
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
"
Dan1986 wrote:

Like who?

Many?

I am getting this from his channel and from the forums. The way people speak. Also ingame, people would say "oh you are another Kripp-spawn/faker/copycat" if they feel like it.

Pretty much. Saw another example today, someone commented on a youtube video showcasing a build: "But this is Kripp's build." It was some sort of Ranged Attack Totem build that Kripp has just mentioned, at most.

If you are a person who copies the builds Kripp makes for whatever reason doesn't mean everyone else does this too... That's my problem, lots of Kripp's fans really think that Kripp's channel is the centre of the universe, at least for this game, and that everyone watches him and copies him the same way they do.
Old april 2012 account got stolen
I jumped into the bandwagon and my second Onslaught character is a burning discharge templar.

This build is very strong for HC mode, probably amongst the most strong that I can think of, it's simply super-tanky (when you get the right gear ofc) and the clearing speed is great. As for single-target, solo is OK, and with levelled and linked gems fireball ain't that bad.

Also I'm very suspicious about all these 'standard' build with a gazillion paper DPS glass cannon builds which die to reflect every time, so in my view are not that great. How many of these are ever reaching really high level, doubt much.

P.S: All this fanboy/haters discussions get tiresome fast. No one with a brain cares about 'build copyright', get over it and discuss topic at hand instead of endless pointless discussions.
I like making my own build's be they better than krip or other top players builds or not ( thare are not nearly as good haha in fact 80 % of them suck ) Just fun for me to roll my own stuff.

I do also build other players builds to use and to have fun with and learn mechaics get new ideas ect. I almost always enjoy these builds.

However once in a while i get a build that is really fun and something no 1 elce rolls, making it moer fun to my messed up mind.

The only character i can think to put up against a discharge is my thorns marader. It's a lul fest in a similar way but not nearly as powerfull. Basicaly u stack as much thorns as u can on gear then buff the thorns as much as u can paired up with a few choice uniqu's to aid in incomeing out going damage . Skills im sure u can figure out on your own. It is SOOOOooooo funny watching people 1 shot them selfs on u in PvP then saying in local .... " HAHAHAHA WTF BUDDY "

The build is not nearly as "good" as discharge but i love it more for sure
Just a sec let me grab a beer...@#*@ Ok how did I die this time

Learn the rules, it's the only way to exploit them.
"
moozooh wrote:
I think he could improve his single-target DPS if he took LMP out (only one fireball hits the target from afar anyway) and substituted it with something else that actually boosts damage (quality Faster Projectiles comes to mind). What's his ST setup anyway? Fireball + Conc Effect + quality Fire Pen + LMP + Crit Multi (or is it Chance to Ignite?)? Can't find a good quality still of his skill thumbnail where letters would be visible.

When you have got to the Vaal pact phase you can point blank any rare with LMP (specially because you are in practice invulnerable to physical dmg), with maybe the only exception being high lvl maps with -max resist and rares which do gmp elemental damage. For difficult bosses you can always remove LMP manually and swap to other green gem but in general is a good idea to have LMP on.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info