Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

Good viable end-game builds at this moment

Dual spork >
"
Gravis wrote:
"
crackred wrote:
The Blender

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_sx5zfAU24

play this build in anarchy, and its fucking fun

(Bringer of Helm is really required!)

Seems like a worse version of ele cleave and not really suitable for Onslaught/HC.

um, elecleave is the one not viable for endgame. its far more susceptable to reflect/lightning thorns than physical cleave as it just can't get the amount of leech needed to counter them. anyways blender build is good for hc league types but only if you play it evasion/dodge-based
studying for GGG's C++ technical exam...
"
Shacony wrote:
So you are searching for a build where you can just switch your brain off and farm. Well those builds exists, but don't be disappointed when there are just so little 'viable' builds. If you just take 1 of your requirements away then there are suddenly hundreds of builds you could try.

Ofcourse you would need to switch your brain on when farming and be careful, atleast on hc. That's the price for individuality :)

This could spark a discussion lol. In a way, I am against builds like spork/summoner, not because they can safely clean content without caring much and on top of that having high MF, but because I find it boring or what you'd call "turn your brain off". Now my requirements are pretty simple, high survivability, decent clearing speed, a.k.a I don't die in HC the moment I enter a map with harder mods. On other hand, I don't want to have my "brains turned on" when I'm simply grinding, or clearing a mediocre map, but challenging boss fights or map mods are always interesting and afaik, even the so hated sporkers/summoners dies in them quite often. Mostly because of being used to facerolling all day.

Also, regarding the "blender" vs ele cleave, imo ele cleave is still better, mainly because I'd like to wonder how you get your resists maxed when you're running no armor, dual weps and a RoA, also phys reflect would hurt them just the same as ele ref would hurt ele cleave. Not that I'd play either, played ele cleave as my first char in PoE, in standard and while I enjoyed it, it is not safe enough for HC/Onslaught with my laggy PC and empty stash.
It really depends what you mean by viable - it could loosely mean any build that has a low death count and contributes some amount of dps to the group.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Not sure what you mean by endgame, but I'm able to solo farm lunaris 2/3 including kole and piety in merciless, and solo maps up to lvl 70 (have not found really high maps yet).

What do I use, you ask? A simple sword and board. :)
Infernal blow build. Im now 75lvl, 3700hp, 250regen, resist is 80 85 80. Block is now 65% (spell block 40%). This build use aegis aurora ;) I can get 75% block easy, just few lvl up ;) And more life ;)

Check it out on the Marauder builds area ;)

Never going to play any pewpew char.
IGN: Wanderiin
"
crackred wrote:
"
Gravis wrote:
"
crackred wrote:
The Blender

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_sx5zfAU24

play this build in anarchy, and its fucking fun

(Bringer of Helm is really required!)

Seems like a worse version of ele cleave and not really suitable for Onslaught/HC.

its not playable in onslaught and hc, right.
but its not more worse than those crappy ele cleaver.

i solo 75er maps and give a fuck about everything - ele cleaver dies at 66 map ;D

I really like this- how much good gear does this require and how hard is leveling such a char ?

I thought about doing a new character like this in anarchy
"
kossuvissy wrote:
Infernal blow build. Im now 75lvl, 3700hp, 250regen, resist is 80 85 80. Block is now 65% (spell block 40%). This build use aegis aurora ;) I can get 75% block easy, just few lvl up ;) And more life ;)

Until you come across some ele reflect packs and oneshot yourself.

I played a facebreaker witch, mainly skilled in IB and i can tell you, its not safe, at all.

(with aegis aurora, and quite a bit of ES and health)
"
Cataca wrote:
"
kossuvissy wrote:

Until you come across some ele reflect packs and oneshot yourself.

I played a facebreaker witch, mainly skilled in IB and i can tell you, its not safe, at all.

(with aegis aurora, and quite a bit of ES and health)

Didnt say it is safe, it is FUN. Lots of fun. Im doing 69-70maps faceroll, tank everything and my gear is sooo bad..

After auras my stats: life ~3300, es +600, armor 6000, block 65(spell 40), resist 80 85 80, dmg 6800 (only 270dps weapon, when i get +350dps one...)

Pewpew is so booring, cant play anymore with bow/wand :D
IGN: Wanderiin
I was gonna make a thread asking - what define the success of your character/build?
I will just chip in here.

I was looking for easy yet not so popular build, and thus I avoid IR and US, or BM. When I started POE, melee is not as popular as range, and Duelist was not popular till they buff him.

And weapon is too mainstream.

So I grab Facebreakers for cheap and experimenting it out. Starting with FB, Wurm's, perandus, peregrine, lioneyes, foxshade, all dirt cheap unique, I set up to level an almost totally UNIQUE character.

now level 73, not even end game yet, but I can feel its viability.
Unarmed Frenzy Acrobatic build. Got power, speed, and decent defense.
I think power and speed is solid now, working on defense - hp, resist, evasion.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info