0.11.0f, Race Season Three and next week's 0.11.1 patch

New patch *dies*
Bust a move!
"
Hereafter wrote:
"
EricRoachTS wrote:
Hello Chris, a question and some thoughts...

Will there be more balancing to the changes to life and armor made in the 0.11.0 patch? To me, it seems to have gone from "Path of life nodes" to "Path of not enough life from life nodes so lets either get a kaoms (near impossible for most) or go CI (easy solution) and while we are at it, might as well go dual spork...Exile"

Kind of a silly representation I know, but hopefully you see my point. Some will argue the buff to armor effectiveness from the monster damage nerf more than makes up for the loss of life, which is true early game, but end game that is just not the case. It's not the 20 small hits that worry me late in the map game, its the 3 BIG hits that will kill me in a second i'm concerned about. A hit that big completely negates the armor buff and leaves me exactly where I was pre 0.11.0 but with about 1.2k less health pool.

It seemed the goal from the patch was to be able to rely less on health nodes, promoting more build options, it seems quite the opposite now. If i'm going life build, it's even more vital I hit every health node possible along my path. Melee suffers the most from this endgame, which is also the opposite of the goals you outlined in the patch threads. Sure, they got significant damage buffs, but endgame survivabilty, if anything, was kind of nerfed. Now they not only have less life to counter the big hits (which is unavoidable with a melee build considering you need to be close quarters all the time) but phys reflect as well.

Just my thoughts, all that said, I truly enjoy the game and appreciate the unbelievable amount of support GGG puts into it everyday. I'll be around for a long time to come. Sorry for the TL:DR :)

I read the forums daily and this the only well written sensible thing I read in a long time.

Hey thanks, I appreciate that. I've been wanting to post about this for a while now.
love the new art for demigods strides..seems like sort of mixed roman with astral..well hard to explain but at same time looks quite realistic and out of this world.your artists are doing the job really well.. i wonder how will demigods belt will look like
Last edited by Ward on Jun 20, 2013, 10:48:12 AM
As long as I still can knock Brutus into a wall with Frost Wall, it's fine(jk, fix please :D)
A gentleman and a scholar.
"
Jackel6672 wrote:
"
BRavich wrote:
What's with the nerf to shield charge? It was already a pretty underutilized skill, right? Dont get me wrong, I'm glad that evasion is slightly less gimped.

This.

IF it effects the player skill its going to have to be re balanced.

It already needed to so this will be some incentive for them to do so. I'd really like to see monsters in the path get hurt.
"
Shield Charge (including Rhoa charges) can now be evaded.

I have a few characters who thank you for this. :)
Also, to kind of back up the idea of the "endless dungeon/tower" style idea, I've noticed that the shadow in the picture has very low-level looking gear,and only freeze pulse and double strike - which means he must have started in this kind of thing. I'm looking forward to these races :D
IGN: Lord_Zarius
"
Gauldar wrote:
Also, to kind of back up the idea of the "endless dungeon/tower" style idea, I've noticed that the shadow in the picture has very low-level looking gear,and only freeze pulse and double strike - which means he must have started in this kind of thing. I'm looking forward to these races :D

Devs have a habit of releasing images of characters with only about 2 skills equipped.

Not much point generating 20 gems when you just need to check that everything works and isn't 1-shotting you.
Rhoa nerf. Thanks Kripp.
so endless dungeon and no maps?
IGN : Detrium

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info