Lv96 Poutsos' Flicker Nuke - Outdated

"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
"
I was thinking about doing this but wouldn't have a clue where to start as this is the first time i have played a game like this lol.

Well, if you need a guaranteed result, it's always better to buy an item you need. For example Bino's knife is a good dagger, or some nice rare....

If there seems to be no dagger for sale for appropriate price, you can just use Abyssus. It adds nice base damage to your weapon, so you just need a dagger with great crit chance (9.5%+), decent AS and mediocre DPS. With abyssus shitty dagger turns into cake. You can even replace Magnate with Meginord's Girdle, and get some damage on rings, for better result.
As for survivability - since you're using mediocre weapon, you shouldnt oneshot yourself with reflect. Also, abyssus allows you to use RRRR gem combo, for CWDT+IC+ID+EC, which offers a perfect physical protection you need.

If, for whatever reasons, you dont want to use Abyssus, then try to craft dagger yourself. But success isnt guaranteed and heavily relies on RNG. IF you're lucky, you can get a godly items for nothing, if not - you will just waste currency.

Thanks for the reply, i do have a
and i do 1-2 bang myself when against reflect mobs. I took it off and use a ES helm now but keep it for the lolz. When using CWDT+IC+EC the immortality doesn't seem to last more than half a second or so. I don't know if thats down to there quality or lvl?
"
XSUB7X wrote:

Thanks for the reply, i do have a
and i do 1-2 bang myself when against reflect mobs. I took it off and use a ES helm now but keep it for the lolz. When using CWDT+IC+EC the immortality doesn't seem to last more than half a second or so. I don't know if thats down to there quality or lvl?

Get more Life Leech, and add Increased Duration gem to Immortal Call, at least.
And get a 20% quality Blood Rage, lol! It really DOES matter!
You can try to get Iron Reflexes and Jade flask with 95%+ evasion.
You can also try to get a better ES shield (ES on yours is awful, despite resists are nice). You can get resists from 3-res belt.
But the best solution is just getting more Life Leech. Jewelry, Enhance Gem and +2% Life leech passive node are welcome.

P.S. Remove increased critical strike gem, it's useless. Use Increased Critical Damage instead.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Would it be worth upgrading to the dagger in this thread?http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657229
"
XSUB7X wrote:
Would it be worth upgrading to the dagger in this thread?http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657229

No, difference is too small.

Better buy Q20 Blood Rage and Increased Duration gems. And level up Blood Rage, so it wont be supported by CWDT. Cast it manualy.

If you want to make a REAL upgrade, better save 20-25 exa and buy 750+ ES 6-L chest. Or upgrade your shield to 500+ ES. Sacrifice resists on it, and get those from rustic sash with ES. Get some LL on rings, if possible. Your Diamond ring is an utter JUNK, and other ring isnt good either.
You can also get Unwavering Stance and good amulet. A simple math here - to get US, you need 8 extra points. But you can remove Beef and PRimal Spirit then, so, in fact, just 5 points you need. Then, you can remove 6 points from Arcane Focus and Deep Wisdom. And one point from +20% crit chance. From amulet, you will be able to get ES, mana, crit chance and multiplier, etc. A LOT of stats, worth much more, than points spent.
Also, get Influence cluster. It's awesome for both DPS and ES pool. Get PRessure Points. 30% multiplier is worth 1 point, imo.

After those upgrades, using Abyssus will be much safer. Though, with proper gems, skills and 6-l, you wont even need it :)

If you care about INT lack, and plan to play further in Standart league, i have a proposal for you. Here is my chest:

It have perfect DPS colours for Flicker Strike, and a very rare combination. It also has reduced requirements property, so you wont care about your INT. Actually, i dont need those colours, and i dont need reduced requirements either. So, if you will find a proper replacement (with 800+ES, 6-L and some fancy stats), PM me, and most probably, we will be able to perform a deal.
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Feb 5, 2014, 2:06:28 AM
has this build been nerfed or is it still viable?
"
headput wrote:
has this build been nerfed or is it still viable?

Not just viable, but one of the most powerful endgame builds ever.

There is no knowledge
That is not power
but when i got nothing but a tabula rasa, a few level~40 uniques an a few chaoses i shouldnt even try. am i right? dont want to spend time for running against a wall
"
headput wrote:
but when i got nothing but a tabula rasa, a few level~40 uniques an a few chaoses i shouldnt even try. am i right? dont want to spend time for running against a wall

I dont see a problem, i used a Tabula all the way from lvl 1 to 71 lol and a Mightflay
Flaying Knife till lvl 61 when i got this

As for rings/boots ect i just used random crap that i found till i hit lvl 70 then started to try find better gear.
IGN: SYVIRUS / MrRottenTreats
Last edited by Syvirus on Feb 5, 2014, 2:41:48 PM
"
headput wrote:

IDK, i geared up my CI Flicker Witch in Domination for leveling with just ~20 chaoses and Tabula Rasa (plus self-found gear). And half of my chaoses i spent for Qgems.

I bought
5 chaos
4 chaos
3 chaos

Any character can afford that, even if it's you first character in the league.

You will hit a wall only if you built it yourself.

40-55 leveling is pretty hard (while you're still life-based), but still doable. And then, you turn CI, and nothing will stop you.

There is no knowledge
That is not power
"
headput wrote:

I built this as my first character, i had nothing when i started. I'm even thinking of building it again when the next league starts.

"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
Spoiler
"
XSUB7X wrote:

No, difference is too small.

Better buy Q20 Blood Rage and Increased Duration gems. And level up Blood Rage, so it wont be supported by CWDT. Cast it manualy.

If you want to make a REAL upgrade, better save 20-25 exa and buy 750+ ES 6-L chest. Or upgrade your shield to 500+ ES. Sacrifice resists on it, and get those from rustic sash with ES. Get some LL on rings, if possible. Your Diamond ring is an utter JUNK, and other ring isnt good either.
You can also get Unwavering Stance and good amulet. A simple math here - to get US, you need 8 extra points. But you can remove Beef and PRimal Spirit then, so, in fact, just 5 points you need. Then, you can remove 6 points from Arcane Focus and Deep Wisdom. And one point from +20% crit chance. From amulet, you will be able to get ES, mana, crit chance and multiplier, etc. A LOT of stats, worth much more, than points spent.
Also, get Influence cluster. It's awesome for both DPS and ES pool. Get PRessure Points. 30% multiplier is worth 1 point, imo.

After those upgrades, using Abyssus will be much safer. Though, with proper gems, skills and 6-l, you wont even need it :)

If you care about INT lack, and plan to play further in Standart league, i have a proposal for you. Here is my chest:

It have perfect DPS colours for Flicker Strike, and a very rare combination. It also has reduced requirements property, so you wont care about your INT. Actually, i dont need those colours, and i dont need reduced requirements either. So, if you will find a proper replacement (with 800+ES, 6-L and some fancy stats), PM me, and most probably, we will be able to perform a deal.

Thanks for your comments, i don't know if i'm going to carry on with this build in standard or start again in the new league. If i do carry on i will pm you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info