0.11.0d Patch Notes

"
oBLACKIECHANo wrote:
Really? Nerfed brutus and kole? Because of kripp? Really? Is this D3? I mean really, stop nerfing shit. They aren't even hard, anyone can easily avoid that slow attack.

Ranged builds might, not quite as easy as melee.
So many facepalm messages in this thread, must be ranged/caster players. Play solo and melee and tell me game is easy, GTFO. No, evasion is not going to save you, neither enduring charges or even immortal call.

The problem with this game is that balance & risk/reward is out of whack and all over the place. So you have this situation where game difficulty is balanced around solo gameplay and it's pretty nuts in higher content with certain classes/build (already built in survivability/damage imbalance between ranged/caster & physical melee) and you have group gameplay, where difficulty is trivialized in comparison AND people still dies to the random bullshit.

So maybe we need to force every moron in the forum to play solo for a week to see how the real difficulty of the game is, doubt most of them will even make it to Piety merciless solo. Or make the mobs less dumb, better AI and skills. Meanwhile keep your stupid opinion to your own and enjoy being rapped by Black Widow or Lord of the Bow or temple Piety with some nasty mod solo, GMP shock casters, a bunch of magic puncture mobs with extra damage extra physical or whatever bullshit you can imagine.

I'm not asking for a nerf in difficulty, I'm fine with the game as it is even if is more path of life nodes than ever in reality, but really, people should get a clue.

/rage
"
Tlepp wrote:
Dude kole was one shotting pretty much everyone, and thats obviously not intended....

Yeah right, he's so easy to kill, for summoners at least.
3.3 RF Trickster SSF HC guide :

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2147256
"
Special4ce wrote:
"
The character selection screen now displays the correct banners for leagues.

What about the banners in the friends list? would be nice if they would also show the correct league.

yes! please correct this.
"
Qarl wrote:
"
oBLACKIECHANo wrote:
Really? Nerfed brutus and kole? Because of kripp? Really? Is this D3? I mean really, stop nerfing shit. They aren't even hard, anyone can easily avoid that slow attack.

Nerfed because it was actually too high. After the monster damage reduction, I thought Brutus/Kole was too wimpy and turned it up before 0.11.0. That turned out to be too high, and it wasn't just Kripp that was taken out by this particular boss.

It will still be dangerous.

What about the map version of Brutus/Kole (Dungeon, Colonnade)?
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
Kole didn't need nerfed, his AI and sync need fixed, though.

Yeah well, you can't have certain challenging mobs if your engine simply does not support them. Same for player skill gems to be honest. And there lies the problem with a lot of the mechanics in the game because the poor resync & AI situation.

Also given recent changes to damage & HP values probably it wasn't were they wanted the damages value to be. You can't go away from 'Path of Life Nodes' if in the ODD situation (even when you do all right, you get screwed anyway sometimes and it's going to happen in your way to lvl 100) you are still going to get one shoot, build diversity is destroyed by this sole fact.

Don't worry though, there is going to be enough bullshit in higher level content with difficulty mods for those who enjoy this sort of "mechanics" (stacking HP or playing the lottery).
Last edited by knac84 on Jun 13, 2013, 6:27:25 AM
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
"
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
Just gonna say. Kripp was playing recklessly. He had to defense was using offensive curses. I'm going to assume, that even with the nerf he still would have died.

Maybe you should go watch his video on the death. He had more then enough defense. He had no reason to think he would be one-shot like that. The damage was too high. Period.

Um, didn't he have only like 5k AR or something? That's a meh granite flask. As everyone else has pointed out:

1) No end charges
2) Very low AR
3) No granite flasks
4) No defensive curses
5) Did not use immortal call

Seems to me like he had 0 defense. Kripp *should* have known better. RIP, but still. Quit defending someone who screwed up.

nobody argues that he didn't make a mistake when he died (the mistake of not getting the fuck out of that room imo). If you play the game for a long period of time, you WILL make mistakes. If you die every time you make a mistake, nobody will ever get over lvl 60 on hardcore. The question is, how frequently you die to the mistakes you make. Most of the time there is some room for mistakes in poe, the obvious exception is getting one-shotted. If you play melee eventually you will get into situations where getting one-shotted is a possibility, this is why the top of the ladder is full of ranged characters.

I'm okay with Vaal one-shotting me with his smash, since it is a well known, feared enemy in the game, I know what to expect and I can cheese the fucker with bear traps or whatever (with the current desync situation getting close to him is suicidial). But if every hard hitting monster can one shot me if I make a mistake when playing a melee character (let's say I don't notice them early enough, but desync to an other room is also pretty common), I'll never have a hardcore character over lvl 70.
Hardcore, Hungary
Thanks for another awesome patch!

I'm hoping to finally meet one of those rogue exiles.
Also- thank you for the added weapon effect for dual wield. I was expecting you to charge us extra for it. Giving it to us for free just proves to me that every penny I gave to support you was money well spent!

Keep up the great work!
Imho this thread illustrates the good design of the game: Some chars have problems with Kole and others totally do not. Every build has its strengths and its weaknesses.

I do agree that you must seek out your weaknesses and try to counter it. My brothers main (and first) char cleave marauder had a lot of trouble with Kole-like bosses until he started to use a skele-totem to distract them when he whirled in from behind to deliver his dual-strike blows, guerrilla style. They're still the most dangerous bosses for him, but its doable. My summoner witch on the other hand takes Kole as a little snack (after 0.11 sometimes 1 or 2 zombies died, wow!). So... melee looks weak? Well, the Coward's Trial painfully pointed out the weakness of my summoner-build; when the monsters numbers became too overwhelming to keep my horde up and with no means of escaping the area my witch was quickly reduced to a defenseless bubble of ES that only could run in circles while my brother whirled right in the middle of the insane monter-pack (couldn't even see the floor, have never seen such an summoner-boss) and cleaved the summoner and his minions simultaneously to death in only 10-15 seconds.

That's what I like so much about this game: Not only do you need to l2p the game, you also need to l2p each build you use.

But that doesn't mean that some bosses shouldn't be in line with the rest of the game.

Btw, melee should always be somewhat harder than other classes because they always have a front-row seat when it comes to enjoying the action. Wanna play drunk... go summoner.
"
Chris wrote:
"
Farystar wrote:
@Chris can you make that awesome UI league selection, instead of drop down still present. Look so much better and it was posted in patch 0.11 :P, but never showed in game.

Thank you so much for this patch anyway <3

You can see that screen by clicking "League" when you create a character!

Oh yes thank you so much @Chris, didn't notice that button at all :P. Must take a look better next time. It looks super cool, really love it !!!
GGG thank you for all the great things you are doing. You have combined every element of all other great Rpg's and joined them together as one Diamond, that will shine Forever.

This is coming straight from the heart <3

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info