{3.2.0} Spectral Gods: [Life Based Spectre/Golem Hybrid Summoner | Clear Speed | End Game Bossing]

"
itaizilca wrote:
Killed the elder T10 , this time he couldnt even touch me ( removed MoM and got more hp + bloodgrip)
I got 5.6k hp and 800 energy shield that makes me very tanky.
So far i did all content except guardians and shaper.
Thx for the build !

There are no node in POE that gives you 30% inc. maximum life/ES, heck, there are no four nodes (if you include the nodes behind MoM) that's not Mortal Conviction that gives you that amount. Which is roughly what taking Mind Over Matter means, it increases your EHP by flat 30% amount. On top of that, the damage taken is subtracted from mana before life.

So taking off MoM and putting those nodes to life instead means you actually be having less EHP than just spending those nodes towards MoM. Eg. someone with 4.5k health with MoM is "tankier" than someone with 5.2k life.

One of the most common problem is that people doesn't put their unreserved mana into account when using MoM, which made the passive ineffective. Ideally a 30% MoM requires ~40% life amount of mana unreserved (practically anything above 30% of total life is enough). So if you have 5k life, you'll want somewhere close to 2k mana.

I'm not saying this is what you did, but I've often see people make this mistake of having aura(s) on without Essence Worm or Mana Reservation reductions, only having half their mana unreserved, took MoM, and thought that everything is fine. No, it's not. You can't have MoM and have a bunch of Auras on, it does not work that way.
Last edited by ultimatecat on Dec 19, 2017, 7:27:13 AM
"
"
itaizilca wrote:
Killed the elder T10 , this time he couldnt even touch me ( removed MoM and got more hp + bloodgrip)
Thx for the build !

There are no node in POE that gives you 30% inc. maximum life/ES, heck, there are no four nodes (if you include the nodes behind MoM) that's not Mortal Conviction that gives you that amount. Which is roughly what taking Mind Over Matter means, it increases your EHP by flat 30% amount. On top of that, the damage taken is subtracted from mana before life.

So taking off MoM and putting those nodes to life instead means you actually be having less EHP than just spending those nodes towards MoM. Eg. someone with 4.5k health with MoM is "tankier" than someone with 5.2k life.

One of the most common problem is that people doesn't put their unreserved mana into account when using MoM, which made the passive ineffective. Ideally a 30% MoM requires ~40% life amount of mana unreserved (practically anything above 30% of total life is enough). So if you have 5k life, you'll want somewhere close to 2k mana.

I'm not saying this is what you did, but I've often see people make this mistake of having aura(s) on without Essence Worm or Mana Reservation reductions, only having half their mana unreserved, took MoM, and thought that everything is fine. No, it's not. You can't have MoM and have a bunch of Auras on, it does not work that way.

I know i had not enough mana thats why i decicded to unspec MoM and get more hp instead .
With every hit reducing my mana to 0 i could'nt dodge attacks with shield charge.
I was able to tank buffed izaro slam so even if i get hit i can fully heal with bloodgrip.
Having so much mana forces you to focus your gear on mana instead of other things and maybe take some mana nodes aswell.
If you can't get enough mana MoM is useless and only interrupts
Hey Matt, great build. Playing this in SSF. My equip sux but still can do nearly every map. I am at T15 atm preparing for guardians maps to drop. :-)
"
itaizilca wrote:
"
"
itaizilca wrote:
Thx for the build !

I know i had not enough mana thats why i decicded to unspec MoM and get more hp instead .
With every hit reducing my mana to 0 i could'nt dodge attacks with shield charge.
I was able to tank buffed izaro slam so even if i get hit i can fully heal with bloodgrip.
Having so much mana forces you to focus your gear on mana instead of other things and maybe take some mana nodes aswell.
If you can't get enough mana MoM is useless and only interrupts

Fair point.

Although you don't really need to invest "heavily" into mana gear/nodes. I have no mana affixes anywhere on my gear nor my jewels and nothing on passives aside from the mana nodes behind MoM, and have been running MoM just fine. So I have around 5.1k life, 1k es and 1.7k mana unreserved. I could tank Red Elder's slam now and some very nasty things like damage modded Chimera's smoke phase for quite a bit without flasking, which I could not before with 6k+ life w/ 1k+ ES. There are only so many ways to "push" survivability on a Summoner build, getting MoM, or dropping NA and grabbing bone instead of flesh are the very few options available to us.

I have a different perspective regarding MoM. If you're not running double damage auras (Haste+Anger) on a life-based Summoner, you're better off taking MoM because there's no reason not to since you can Essence Worm the one aura. Running single aura while not taking MoM on a Summoner which have an easier time getting resist-capped is an ineffective use of your skills/passives/mana. Just my opinion however.
Last edited by ultimatecat on Dec 19, 2017, 8:39:32 AM
"
Sneckie wrote:
Hey Matt, great build. Playing this in SSF. My equip sux but still can do nearly every map. I am at T15 atm preparing for guardians maps to drop. :-)

Damn glad you were able to make this work in SSF, I thought the uniques were too specific to easily farm for lol.

---

I think the main reason I dropped MoM from a version of the build last league was because it interrupted my shield charge if I were to take a big hit. I didn't have a solution to recover large amounts of mana besides mana pot =/.
Necronomicon: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1617098
Build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/409940
Summoner Dischord: https://discord.gg/XwWdSUa
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/zhoukon
"
mattc3303 wrote:

I think the main reason I dropped MoM from a version of the build last league was because it interrupted my shield charge if I were to take a big hit. I didn't have a solution to recover large amounts of mana besides mana pot =/.

you could link shield charge with blood magic ;)
"
mattc3303 wrote:

Imho, when it's related to effective mana usage the options are using two auras (Haste+Anger) or one aura (Haste) in Essence Worm with MoM.

I used to run a single Haste and left a lot (half) of my mana unreserved, it felt a bit wasteful since you don't really need that much for Shield Charging through maps. And Necromancer's one of the few ascendancies that has inherent resistance bonus and no core-unique item on the ring spot, so it's the perfect build for Essence Worm.

With enough unreserved mana (30%+ of total health, or the ideal 40%), your mana pool including your basic mana regen will never go below the requirements of any other skills, including both Ball Lightning spam and Shield Charge, the math just will never allow it to happen (mana/life = k/k-1 with k being x/100 of incoming damage).

I think that the main problem with people who complain about MoM being an 'annoyance' is that they're trying to do it while not bothering to figure out ways to have enough unreserved mana pool (grabbing MoM and doing Haste aura with half mana left). MoM is not a node to take without consideration, it can hinder the build like you said if you don't take the necessary requirements to make it work.
Last edited by ultimatecat on Dec 19, 2017, 9:41:51 AM
I had issues with mana with brightbeak, deveto's, onslaught, quick silvers, flesh offering, and vaal haste all going at the same time =/. Even with a large mana pool shield charge was draining it so fast. Id imagine with insanity glove and more speed steroids it would of been really hard to manage.

I think our experiences just varies as I devote much of my gearing to maximizing movement speed.

I'll see if I can fit in essence worm/Mom but that does cost a ring slot and 4 nodes on the tree.
Necronomicon: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1617098
Build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/409940
Summoner Dischord: https://discord.gg/XwWdSUa
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/zhoukon
"
mattc3303 wrote:
I had issues with mana with brightbeak, deveto's, onslaught, quick silvers, flesh offering, and vaal haste all going at the same time =/. Even with a large mana pool shield charge was draining it so fast. Id imagine with insanity glove and more speed steroids it would of been really hard to manage.

I think our experiences just varies as I devote much of my gearing to maximizing movement speed.

I'll see if I can fit in essence worm/Mom but that does cost a ring slot and 4 nodes on the tree.

Well I think it's fine, I wasn't criticizing yours or anyone's playstyle or anything, I'm a firm believer of "build the way it fits you" type of play. I was mostly referring to a vague impression for people who think MoM doesn't "work" and provided my version of the solution.

I think I haven't been having any mana issues because Aylardex helps (close to 100 mana/s with the charges, slightly more with the boots enchant, with 10 mana cost per SC and 27 for Ball) and I'm mostly running Brightbeak if I'm not farming guardians this league and I don't use Vaal Haste (I despise Vaal skills, I almost never use them ever since they came out). The two skills I'm actively using are Ball and Shield Charge and the occasional Evocation which doesn't really count.

On a side note....

finally...

After a few exalts worth of alts, transmutes, alchs, and regals later... And I have no idea what to put in there XD Common sense would say to put SRS in 4L (w/ Empower) but that's so much buttons to push if I want to do curses... :(

Would welcome any suggestions...

Last edited by ultimatecat on Dec 19, 2017, 2:07:16 PM
"

After a few exalts worth of alts, transmutes, alchs, and regals later... And I have no idea what to put in there XD Common sense would say to put SRS in 4L (w/ Empower) but that's so much buttons to push if I want to do curses... :(

Would welcome any suggestions...

gratz! :)

hey guys,
i just finished leveling and started some white maps :)
what can i change on my items for the biggest improvements at start?
i know i can change ALOT now, but what would be the best to change at first?
my profile is public, character name is: Spectraldisco

greetings and thanks in advance!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info