{3.2.0} Spectral Gods: [Life Based Spectre/Golem Hybrid Summoner | Clear Speed | End Game Bossing]

"
Krux wrote:
Well, considering I am not, and will not play it for hours on end anymore due to GGG's balancing methods, throwing ~400-500eu across 2 accounts is definitely an issue. For what little time I will spend on PoE, mule chars/accounts will suffice.

Its sad but I did the same "fixe after fixe" I play lessser and lesser. I dont need anymore my 150 tab nor to buy more char slot nor to invest in skins... why should I invest in mommies for zombies I like lesser and lesser.

I really enjoyed trying some exotic build and playing with off the charte idea... but look..its like I spend more time on the forum than playing. .and looking at the time I spent in the forum... at best I try one idea and play a burst of hour then I let it go for days.. come on I didn't used my summoners for weeks. ... just when I needed some currencies...

Anyway time to catch up insteadfof posting time will tell.
You ARE my Bitch of burden!
"Stay Alive exile! Or you'll be the next zombie someone raises off the beach." - Altnaharra
" Be Excellent To Each Other" -MikeP_GGG
"If you die to yourself are you still the victor? " - BEX_GGG
"
Inkompetentia wrote:
Wall of text on snapshotting, and the general direction of PoE -or- A Rant
If they fix snapshotting, and dont give a reasonable amount of base attackspeed to zombies, this spec as we know it is dead.

If they fix snapshotting, and dont make it so you can raise spectres more reliably than just picking up what happens to be in the instance they died in, spectres are worthless.

If they fix snapshotting, and dont buff the shit out of summoners the very same patch, im going to be frustrated. But to be honest, i expect them to do just that (like smoke mine, where convocation took 3 weeks. 3 weeks of not being able to clear indoor maps as a summoner at a reasonable speed)

The way summoner works now is fine, from a power level perspective. You don't get that much more powerful than other specs for the same amount of currency. Actually progressing from the "20/20 RZ, tabula rasa, grasp" plateau is substantially harder than with other specs at that gear level. They put 5ex towards a new weapon. You get to have the fun of getting a +1 gem tabula, 21/20 RZ (thats not unlike the progression in powerlevel/wealth of casters) and probably a lvl3/4 empower. All the while youre dependant on the minion AI, cant do superlategame shit like atziri because you have no way to reliably dodge all those spells (people call smoke mining atziri an exploit? minions are part of my character, why can I not make them dodge shit on demand? why dont fucking rf-cycloners get forced to tank flameblasts and stormcalls? or incinerators? just take control away from them and force them to take it lol. Fucking movement exploit!)

This is just bullshit, Ive stopped playing my summoner 2 weeks or so ago (after +1tabula and 21/20, there was no goal left i could reasonably achieve on my character) so I have no personal interest in snapshotting staying in the game, or summoners getting buffed or anything. But "fixing snapshotting" is exactly the stuff ggg wouldnt do if they would understand what makes their game great.

Fixing snapshotting is akin to fixing the skiing bug on the first Tribes.

Snapshotting was an emergent mechanic, that lent path of exile a huge deal of complexity. Complexity is the main draw of path of exile. Do you remember your first time looking at the skill tree, being overwhelmned, thinking of the possibilities, all those different stats, trying to wrap your head around everything? yeah, thats what the people playing PoE want. Snapshotting was/is so prevalent, it's its own layer of mechanics in PoE nowadays. While I do not claim it's as big of a deal as the passive tree, its certainly of comparable size in high level play. Removing snapshotting is therefore comparable to removing the passive tree, in a way (a very specific way): It is the removal of a mechanics layer. It's therefore making the game less complex. What is keeping us all around so long? Figuring out new stuff, cause there's so much of it still to be discovered after all these years. Well guess what, now there's a whole lot less to play around with, to fiddle with. A whole part of the game is to be removed, in my eyes. It is nothing but a loss of complexity, and diversity.

I would understand it if Snapshotting specs were somewhere even close to overpowered, but look at what RF damage is without it? There are summoners claiming to not snapshot, but theyre gimping themselves not only compared to SS-Summoners, no, theyre also gimping themselves when compared to any other build. Animate Weapon and Raging Skullhead Summoners (tritotem) are almost guaranteed to outperform non-SS-Zombie/Spectre summoners on equal gear levels. While I dont want to attack those niche-summoner builds, they surely are not what comes to mind when you think of a summoner, traditionally.

I've always liked the exile approach. Get scammed? should have watched out better. Screwed up your character? make a new one. etc. There is someone getting an economic benefit out of something? good on him... I have seen this attitude change gradually, from cb to ob to now. Look at the reaction to HvCs uber atziri kill, with his massive use of regrets to respec-snapshot. Instead of admiring his ingenuity, his commitment, and his creative approach (i like to believe that is what we, as a community, would have done in cb, or even OB maybe) now all i hear "Snapshotting is a disgrace" "Disgusting" "FIX WHEN PLX"

I hope theyll be happy when they finally won, and we can all happily groundslam monsters that dont deal any damage anymore until they drop a high-tier unique, guaranteed. Please remove the skill tree, scares people off. Please finally fix desync, its easy, we dont like the accuracy and hitcheck mechanic anyway. Please give trading update, so the market is efficient enough to make what is nowadays worth 2-10c unsellable, and what is... oh well its getting late.

There are developments at play, and we can see them gradually increase from release to now, which make the game more simple. Maybe its good for PoE, or GGG. Personally, I don't think PoE should try to out-casual other games, its not its niche... at all. But I feel like im in the minority nowadays.

Stay safe

/rant

That's exactly what I think/fear but my lack of 3nglish prevented me to express
"Stay Alive exile! Or you'll be the next zombie someone raises off the beach." - Altnaharra
I'm back with feedback about snapshooting spectres. I works.

Even better, my survivability has increased enough; suffice to say last time I leveled up was a month ago.

Lets throw my two cents about removing this feature:

1. Is is easy to forget that this game is made for us end OUR satisfaction is what is needed to be meet. Peaceful way is to make a petition asking for what we want.

2. For those who think about removing it: they are lucky to live in another hemisfere. If they were in my neighborhood and do such a thing I would personally break their legs.
"
jtylee wrote:
I've also noticed that Convocation seems to have a bug.

If you walk into a room and use the skill while standing next to a wall, some of your minions won't be teleported to you and will be left outside the room. I've found that if I stand further away from a wall, all minions get teleported without any problems.

there is no bug, same hapened to me, type /oos and you will be on the other side of the wall
Hear this words but once and they will echo in your nightmares forever!
what they really should've done was just buff resummoning. no one liked my idea though =(

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/906933
If they deal with SS the same way they did with SM or arc... I think they will not halve but quarter the summoner population

Like 3 whole weeks since I played summoner... and in 4 weeks my average droped from like 3 to 6 hours a day (way less time to sleep) to 3 to 6 hours a week..mostly on the weekend due to trying some stuff on my dueslist.. it s not a qq/whine post.. but at some point I was such an enthousiast. Bought many package (shouod have upgraded them instead of buying only pts) I even ran 2 shops... but now.. I dont want to "invest" to see my toys or genius strategies broken due to high level streamer exploiting them to a greater edge.

They design their game. .. but without player.. would be a sad thing
"
mattc3303 wrote:

I think one of the problems summoner has is the late game scaling, once you hit level 20 gems then what? Other builds can buy better and better weapons/gear. Summoner pretty much flatline unless you take considerable effort and currency into raising zombie level and even than there is a hard ceiling once you cap all your gems. Maybe have minion damage affix be rolled else where? Like a weapon.

new notable node: necromatic power. grants minions your weapon the same way NA works :p
"
Asmosis wrote:
"
mattc3303 wrote:

I think one of the problems summoner has is the late game scaling, once you hit level 20 gems then what? Other builds can buy better and better weapons/gear. Summoner pretty much flatline unless you take considerable effort and currency into raising zombie level and even than there is a hard ceiling once you cap all your gems. Maybe have minion damage affix be rolled else where? Like a weapon.

new notable node: necromatic power. grants minions your weapon the same way NA works :p

That is actually a great idea. It could open up so much build/item variety.
Necronomicon: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1617098
Build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/409940
Summoner Dischord: https://discord.gg/XwWdSUa
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/zhoukon
I've been trying out vaal haste and it's absolutely amazing in conjunction with flesh offering. Basically makes my minions move and attack at the speed of light when flesh offering is up. Pop it before a big pack and they instantly kill it and you probably have 75% of your souls back by the time it expires. Link it with increased duration and you basically have 10 seconds of uber mode, makes clearing maps so much faster. Only problem is that the dex requirement is quite steep for this build, I can only have it at lvl 13 because of that. However because of how it scales, even at level 1 its still like a double flesh offering so definitely worth using if you have another gem slot.

I haven't tried vaal discipline but I can't imagine it is too useful for this build, all it provides is mana regen for us and maybe a bit more ES for our minions but they won't regen ES that fast anyway.
I'd like to see some "Minions Take x% Reduced Area Damage" in the minion clusters. Or a Keystone: "Minions take 70% less Area Damage, but 400% of the Area damage you take." So if you dodge, they benefit, you biff, they wipe.

I think Spectres should only temporarily die, turning into an incorporeal 'wisp' for 30-60 seconds before regenerating. If their state could be preserved across game sessions like Animate Guardian, it'd be even better. For the sake of less setup time and better quality of life for summoners.
Last edited by Hercanic on May 4, 2014, 12:50:54 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info