{3.2.0} Spectral Gods: [Life Based Spectre/Golem Hybrid Summoner | Clear Speed | End Game Bossing]

"
mattc3303 wrote:
So leer cast, Zahn, perandus?

Are you using necro aegis or any support gems to boost survivability?

Edit: thinking of buying a BoR so I can 7-L zombies, 6-L my spectre without going the 6-L Chober route.

And what would the gems in BoR be?

Since it doesn't have the needed combo of multistrike + splash, you will have to sacrifise minion life or splash.

On other topic, need advice on curses. 2 or 3? If I drop doedre's damning I will be able to wear a resist ring and potentially get a much better shield with twice the es, which will get me enough mana to not only lvl clarity some more, but still have a lot of left over for mana shield. The downside, I will have to shoose between curses. Started to really like enfeeble, ele weakness is a staple, vulnerability is great too. Very hard choice.
IGNs
GroovyBeard
JooJooFromTheWell
Last edited by Allnamestaken on Dec 13, 2013, 2:19:05 PM
"
mattc3303 wrote:

Edit: thinking of buying a BoR so I can 7-L zombies, 6-L my spectre without going the 6-L Chober route.

Correct. He has a redbeak and junk gloves/boots with Life. Only thing he has linked to him is minion life. Haven't found a good way to work necromantic aegis into my build.

The DPS variant however defiantly needs at LEAST a 3L. Lightbaine Raiment with CoD + Conc Effect will deal 34% of a mobs life/sec alone. I haven't thoroughly tested it with other damage boosters yet, but as long as your fighting a boss that you can block some of his attacks, you basically have your old Degen Bear buddy back.

Also, I'm thinking splash is overrated as well at this point. Burning Miscreations are all the AoE you need, and splash actually lowers Grasp explosions damage since a few patches ago. By dropping splash you'll gain single target DPS and/or survivability, both which are always in need :D

Edit: If your not running all the purity auras, I would substitute Auroamvox for redbeak.
Last edited by Moose65 on Dec 13, 2013, 2:24:16 PM
Hmmm i'll try dropping splash for a couple runs.
Necronomicon: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1617098
Build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/409940
Summoner Dischord: https://discord.gg/XwWdSUa
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/zhoukon
I'd be hesitant to drop Splash, becuz that'd waste the Quality on CoD... :(

Also, would Sidhebreath be better than other Amulets?
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest
Last edited by Sheriff_K on Dec 13, 2013, 2:48:27 PM
"
Sheriff_K wrote:
I'd be hesitant to drop Splash, becuz that'd waste the Quality on CoD... :(

Also, would Sidhebreath be better than other Amulets?

Sidhebreath is used for snapshotting only pretty much.

Also, the increased AoE doesn't go to waste, because it affects the corpse explosion from grasp. The whole point of CoD though is the insane bonus damage, and melee splash is a pretty significant damage penalty to get AoE damage that you don't need. That gem slot can be used to improve single target DPS or Zombie Survivability. Added Fire, Minion Life, and/or Life Leech are all good replacements. Added Fire in particular quality bonus should affect the Grasp explosions.
Last edited by Moose65 on Dec 13, 2013, 2:51:55 PM
"
Moose65 wrote:
"
mattc3303 wrote:

Correct. He has a redbeak and junk gloves/boots with Life. Only thing he has linked to him is minion life. Haven't found a good way to work necromantic aegis into my build.

The DPS variant however defiantly needs at LEAST a 3L. Lightbaine Raiment with CoD + Conc Effect will deal 34% of a mobs life/sec alone. I haven't thoroughly tested it with other damage boosters yet, but as long as your fighting a boss that you can block some of his attacks, you basically have your old Degen Bear buddy back.

Also, I'm thinking splash is overrated as well at this point. Burning Miscreations are all the AoE you need, and splash actually lowers Grasp explosions damage since a few patches ago. By dropping splash you'll gain single target DPS and/or survivability, both which are always in need :D

Edit: If your not running all the purity auras, I would substitute Auroamvox for redbeak.

Lost my first guardian just now on a 4x proj map. Just not paying good attention, sigh. Waiting till 87 (10%) to try necro aegis/saffell's with desecrated ground version, see how the survivability actually is.
"
KatfishGumbo wrote:
Lost my first guardian just now on a 4x proj map. Just not paying good attention, sigh. Waiting till 87 (10%) to try necro aegis/saffell's with desecrated ground version, see how the survivability actually is.

So every time it dies, you just waste Uniques? >_<

Is it even worth it, cuz BMs have enough degen. You're just wasting a 4L for something you don't need imo..
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest
"
KatfishGumbo wrote:

What level is you guardian gem and minion life, and what gear was he wearing? Do you keep him in your weapon/shield?

Even with me being completely careless, the lowest I've gotten him to was 20% with a vulnerability curse on him. Even then, I didn't feel threatened enough to weapon swap him out.

The Cassock unique (can never remember the spelling on the first part) is massive Life regen if all you care about is his survivability as an aura bot. 5% Life/sec is pretty massive for minions, as well as you if you stand in it (its also affected by self buffing, meaning you get about 6% Life regen). If I could spare a 3rd gem slot for him, I'd add Increased Area of Effect so that the Consecrated Ground would have a larger radius to more easily benefit my other minions.

Obviously if your going the DPS route, you can't use the Cassock. Not really sure how you could substantially boost his survivability without necromantic aegis.

"
Sheriff_K wrote:

Is it even worth it, cuz BMs have enough degen. You're just wasting a 4L for something you don't need imo..

Yep, key though is to NOT let him die. If your being careless and not paying attention he will, but there is always weapon swap to save him, and you can honestly get by with a 2L on him if your only using him for buffs. Only the DPS version needs a 3L+.

Anyways, I enjoy having double Leer Cast buffs. That is basically 2 passive points worth of minion damage, and I haven't had party members complain about a free 30% damage. They all love Bob :D
Last edited by Moose65 on Dec 13, 2013, 3:22:02 PM
i would not use BoR with chest spectres since if you have to get new zombies you have to unequip the chest and Poof spectres
"
Moose65 wrote:
"
KatfishGumbo wrote:

What level is you guardian gem and minion life, and what gear was he wearing? Do you keep him in your weapon/shield?

Even with me being completely careless, the lowest I've gotten him to was 20% with a vulnerability curse on him. Even then, I didn't feel threatened enough to weapon swap him out.

The Cassock unique (can never remember the spelling on the first part) is massive Life regen if all you care about is his survivability as an aura bot. 5% Life/sec is pretty massive for minions, as well as you if you stand in it (its also affected by self buffing, meaning you get about 6% Life regen). If I could spare a 3rd gem slot for him, I'd add Increased Area of Effect so that the Consecrated Ground would have a larger radius to more easily benefit my other minions.

Obviously if your going the DPS route, you can't use the Cassock. Not really sure how you could substantially boost his survivability without necromantic aegis.

"
Sheriff_K wrote:

Yep, key though is to NOT let him die. If your being careless and not paying attention he will, but there is always weapon swap to save him, and you can honestly get by with a 2L on him if your only using him for buffs. Only the DPS version needs a 3L+.

Anyways, I enjoy having double Leer Cast buffs. That is basically 2 passive points worth of minion damage, and I haven't had party members complain about a free 30% damage. They all love Bob :D

Animate Guardian was 16 and minion life level 17 quality 20. He wasn't linked on my weapons which was dumb, I know, but for whatever random reason I have a bunch of Raimants so I'm not too broken up about it. Phone calls > carrion queens with x4 projectiles. RIP. Gotta pick up up a fresh leercast and get my gem colors on my shield/weap set up better so I just switch to save him in an emergency.

This is far more entertaining for me than a couple extra map rerolls. I think I may still try Saffell's/Necro but go with the Consecrated ground approach, and see if between that, increased aoe, rejuv totem and the spell block from saffells/necro aegis, Zombies/BMs can just facetank some tough bosses over time. Will report back when I finally get around to it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info