Open Beta Supporter Packs

Some people... so since they hit OB development costs went to 0, servers take no maintenance, everyone is in wonderland?

We have known OB packs are coming, and we can also assume release packs will come out as well. The only way to 'lock' every effect, every pack, every mtx, so you're one and only and irreplacable is for game to die today. In which case you'd not have anywhere or anyone to show your 'shinies'.

This whole whine here.. what are you guys on, seriously, I want some of that!

"In Soviet Russia, games pay you"
AmIDoinItRite?
Last edited by DeathDiciple on Jun 7, 2013, 8:54:23 AM
"
DalaiLama wrote:

I agree on not adding any more visual effects. I was thinking some more sound effects (not sure how many different types of calls Kiwis have IRL) or maybe if 2 Kiwi pets are in the same town instance, they could sometimes chase each other around and play like real pets do.

Better sound for all pets would be nice. Your second idea is interesting, but I imagine that'd require a lot of dev time, in terms of new AI, new animations, etc.
Dunno if anybody else has brought it up, but, while the weapon effects for the higher packs are awesome, what if you dual-wield? =0[.]o=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
Waiting for someone to get RoW pack and just amke a giant Penis monster
IGN SmashumThunderCock
As a closed beta supporter myself I don't feel slapped in the face at all. Even though some of the stuff the new packs contain is similar or the same as the old packs, I still like the idea of having open beta packs.
The reason why I bought a pack is because I wanted to support the game. I don't care about being special or something like that. What is that even supposed to mean?

For now I don't have the money to buy an open beta pack, but there's still some time left till october.

"
RudeMcRude wrote:

Must...resist...
If I had that kind of money I would totally do it!
Thanks for the laugh :)
Last edited by Reizoko on Jun 7, 2013, 8:59:11 AM
"
RudeMcRude wrote:

"Get a physical model of your monster (Examples: Rhoa and Necro)
Get 10 codes for an in-game pet version of your monster"

oh god dicks everywhere

Edit: Even a statue of it as well just to hang on the mantle.
PoE enjoyer since 2011
(I don't use the forums/main subreddit)
Last edited by Realzameer on Jun 7, 2013, 8:57:29 AM
"
Realzameer wrote:
"
RudeMcRude wrote:

"Get a physical model of your monster (Examples: Rhoa and Necro)
Get 10 codes for an in-game pet version of your monster"

oh god dicks everywhere

Edit: Even a statue of it as well just to hang on the mantle.

Only if the statue is made of easily sterilised silicone...
"
Tungsvensk wrote:
the people displaying 2 titles at once make my eyes hurt , damn show offs

Speaking of which, the Eternal Supporter title literally makes my eyes hurt. Could be a little darker I reckon, or I could stop showing off I guess.

"
Odoakar wrote:
Can't believe people are actually complaining about dualwielding. Hell, I want a effect for my shield with the Divine pack! What is this crap, only giving me one effect?!

Jeeeez...-_-

Of all the ridiculous complaints in this thread you pick dual-wielding? That one actually has some validity, IMO.
"
tachi203 wrote:

Well they struck it big now....And now I just dont want to see them use GGG as leaning post that they can gut anytime they feel like for profit... To support the company for the rest of its exsistance... They should branch out and aquire contracts like other successful studios now that there names are out there...To support there business like all other game companys.. I sure they have been flooded with offers by now...

No, just no, this will be the doom of PoE and GGG. Involvement from other companies (publishers, investment firms) is what destroyed the studio that made Titan Quest, it is what drove away Blizzard North from making Diablo 3 etc. Just have a look around at the kind of games you see nowadays, they are either console ports or pay 2 win crap, that is what publishers like.

GGG needs to remain independent, and they have said that they want to support PoE for 10 years, which means they need to pay for staff and server costs for 10 years. Don't underestimate those server costs by the way, they are brutal.

You might find it unfair that some of your CB swagger is now less unique or that there are OB packs that you like more than your old packs, but you will have to deal with it. My iPhone 5 is better than my iPhone 3GS, but I didn't cry when I had to pay all over again.
"
geradon wrote:

it's over 2 mil accounts, yes.

and for the soft delete i can only find support posts about it.

2 mio accounts is far from being 2 mio active players. You fucked up and used the wrong term, now stop trying to make it look like its the exact same thing.

WoW probably has 50mio registred accuounts, doesnt mean they are all active.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info