Updated 0.11.0 Patch Notes and Deployment Schedule

CHRIS, GGG, read pls!

In the next big patch do something for the game's social part like improving the life in towns, because now there is no communication or trading between people in the same instance.

Game is awesome, but badly needs some improvement in these parts, because this game and players deserve better than using only trading chat, or shop indexer. There would be looooot of possibilities how to improve life&trading in town:

one of them:Make an extra "trading tab" in stash which could be seen/"inspected" by other players in town, and people would only put the items there which they want to sell most.
If you are in a town with ppl, you could check anyone's trading tab, and maybe ask them if they need any item from your stash tab. This would make ITEM VS ITEM trading possible, since now only ITEM VS CURRENCY exists.
D3 treasure goblins's escape portal is an entrance to Wraeclast
Last edited by Moeeom123 on Jun 4, 2013, 7:33:12 AM
"
- We've added some experimental code that triggers a local position resync if you are stunned while desynced by more than around 2 metres. The goal of this change is to catch the situations where you are pinned by monsters on the server without being able to see them on the client. This is a low-impact change that should prevent some avoidable character deaths.

This deserves some donation.

"
- The Energy Shield display on the life orb is now a lot larger if you have a lot of Energy Shield.

Fucking finaly! Hopefully I can now switch through my CI/non-CI characters without discomfort.

Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way.
"
Chris wrote:
"
SaintSoLo wrote:
You push back the date of the primary update even though you don't have to, and keep the date of the new leagues. So we have 1 less day of testing.

Awesome.. :/

Back in Closed Beta we deployed patches with less than one day of terminal quality assurance time (when the patch is ready but needs a final check). That didn't go well at all. Now that we're in Open Beta, we have to take precautions so that we don't potentially destroy people's characters or cause long downtime.

Speaking of not doing that - have character deletions been changed to soft deletes rather than hard ones?
IRON MAN
"
MaxDevil wrote:
Верните эффекты от аур !!! сейчас просто тупо какие то полоски вокруг героев, раньше было намного красивее !!!

Not many people can probably read Russian [on these forums], so I will do my job to translate what he said because I think he has a point.

"
MaxDevil wrote:
Return aura's effects. Right now they just look like lines around heroes, earlier [before the patches to reduce their graphical impact] they looked a lot prettier.

I think if there was an option for such, allowing you to choose how detailed effects are, it would be a nice addition to being able to change / further customize graphics beyond textures themselves. Most games have an effects setting.
"Out of every unique I found so far (20+) all of them are fucking junk to a point that even the vendor tells me to shove em up my ass." - DarkKane

"All hack'n'slash games are based on the carrot on the stick 'method', and in PoE's case the stick is so long I can't even see the carrot." - Odoakar
Last edited by Evlesoa on Jun 4, 2013, 7:35:20 AM
yes, please give us the option to restore full graphical effect of auras :/
IGN TylordRampage
Our prayers have been heard. The CI people will be quite grateful for this, thank you! :)
I would play PoE in text mode if it were. Graphics are for people born in softcore era (90+):))))
What? They reduced elemental damage done by monsters significantly more than the overall reduction of physical damage by monsters? NO WAY. That doesn't make any sense since this is Path of Nerfile and Elemental Adaptation and Inner Force + Purity is nerfed to the ground. At least no one was up in arms about patch notes before playing the game with knee-jerk reactions. Boy, they would have looked silly.

Great job GGG. :)
I like the current minimalist aura effect. If you are considering to bring back the pimped up ones, then at least make it an option to choose which version you want.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Hooray !

Stun is probably the biggest cause of death when being desynced. You're stun on the server but you still see that you're hitting/running, thinking you're safe.

Hopefully more such "experimental" code will be implemented soon, until the game becomes playable for EVERYONE, not just for those with really-really low latency (under 50ms).

Having 80-150ms (or more) variable ping right now is a nightmare... almost never the character is in sync ( every time I click the /oos macro I put on my mouse ) my char and mobs jump a lot.
Never give up, never surrender !

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info