Updated 0.11.0 Patch Notes and Deployment Schedule

"
Madcow1120 wrote:
"
Maladyx wrote:
"
We've also narrowed down a deployment window for 0.11.0: the afternoon of Wednesday June 5, Pacific Time.

Please note that the above time is a day later than the Wednesday (NZ Time)

Anarchy and Onslaught leagues at 6pm PST Friday (1pm NZ Time Saturday) as previously mentioned.

Hi mate, thanks for this patch and for this great game!

But are we really that few european players mate, to have to calculate times from from 3 different timezones is really a hassle, howcome you dont post everything in gmt/utc, every soul in here should know or can easily find out the positioning of their local timezone vs gmt, its ground zero, every timezone originates from there.

I'm gmt +1 aka cet

New Zealand +12

PST -8

not to mention accounting for summertimes since half the globe apparently has different daylight saving times, its really bad, I was trying to figure out the deplyment time in europe but it didnt add up - turns out its PDT because of daylight saving time, which is -7. It's completely the other way around with new zealand, you guys have summer time during our winter.

With interpreting afternoon as 1pm - 4pm, I have estimated that for central europeans the patch should be deployed somewhere between 01:00 and 04:00 including summer time (gmt +1 + summertime). Could well be +/- 1 hour though.

^so confusing tbh

"Sadface, I think this happened in 1month aswell, when I woke up ppl was already in merciless :D"
^^ ah this is not true since I think the leagues launch at ~15:00 gmt +1! yay^
^^^^ oh wait 6pm is after noon before midtnight, so its 03:00 gmt +1 I think -> sadface

which is 01:00 gmt/utc

what the what?
Dude, New Zealand is 12 hours ahead of GMT. IF it's 12pm GMT it's 12AM new zealand. You're just switching the pm to am.
If it's Daylight Savings time (london for example) it's +1 meaning you are 11 hours from New Zealand. So 12pm london is 11pm new zealand.
not that difficult.

Besides, you'll have 4 months from that moment to play the leagues and plenty of time to play with the patch updates.

yes I know its fixed as stated before

it's not that easy as you make it out to be though, but I guess you are very familiar with am/pm and know when different timezones switch between std and summertime of the top of your head - I commend you

I just researched am/pm:

11:00 -> 11 am
12:00 -> 12 pm
13:00 -> 01 pm

This is most unlogic thing I've ever seen. From 11 am to 12 pm to 1 pm - ?? from the 2nd highest am to the highest pm to the lowest pm, great stuff really
Last edited by Maladyx on Jun 5, 2013, 11:28:39 AM
DELIVER IT NAOW

WAITING TIME IS UNACEPTABLE.
Countdown on site would be nice like when beta opened. I'm atm waiting patch as much as back then :)
what time is it now?
How many more hours till patch?

=(
WHEN? WHEN?

WTB countdown like for OB
"
zAcEz wrote:
what time is it now?
How many more hours till patch?

Couple more hours, I bet 4-6.
ingame: FeelLuckyPunk standard
"we're going to allocate an extra day of testing to make sure that everything works properly"

Hey? It´s beta. Everone count with few bugs.. -.-
"
Can't wait anymore >_<

I want to link chain and ice spear already and its killing me

I feel the same way because of the patch I have revived a duelist I stopped playing in early march..gave him brand new gear. crunched the numbers to come up with a new build. and now just waiting for the respec to finish the transition...guess ill level the gems till the patch comes out
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/141847 (shop)
IGN; xxdaath or aleister_crowley_lives

he who knows little believes he knows much
he who knows much as learned of his ignorance
I agree with Maladyx.
It's pretty confusing when every timezone is called something unique depending on location...
[PST EST CEST KST NZ CET EDT PDT BLA BLA ...]

It's very nice if you're doing something locally and say "hey it's in Central European Time! I live in central europe! Hey that's great, I know what time it is!"
But when you're doing something globally, like online gaming, then maybe it's better to use a standardized format...

Like Maladyx proposed, UTC(Coordinated Universal Time), feels like a better option when reaching out to everyone than PST(Pacific(wat?) Standard Time) or New Zealand time.

Also, pm/am is not as easy as the 24hour system.
24 numbers makes it easier to distinguish between 24 different hours than 12 numbers with two suffixes.

GMT = 04:00 => GMT+12 = 04:00+12 = 16:00
GMT = 10:00 => GMT-7 = 10:00-07 = 03:00
GMT = XX:xx => GMT+A = ((XX+A)%24):xx

NZ = 11am => PST = 2pm => GMT = 11pm
But why?
I really shouldn't be wasting time on this... But I dream of a better world.
----------EDIT------------
"
Maladyx wrote:
11:00 -> 11 am
12:00 -> 12 pm
13:00 -> 01 pm

This is most unlogic thing I've ever seen. From 11 am to 12 pm to 1 pm - ?? from the 2nd highest am to the highest pm to the lowest pm, great stuff really

Grand design :)
"BUT THE CLOCK DONST GO TO MORE THEN 12 LOL YOUR STUPID HAHA"
HoolaBandoola, creator of all things Hoola and destroyer of Rhoas.
Last edited by HoolaBandoola on Jun 5, 2013, 11:52:31 AM
"
Moeeom123 wrote:
CHRIS, GGG, read pls!

In the next big patch do something for the game's social part like improving the life in towns, because now there is no communication or trading between people in the same instance.

Game is awesome, but badly needs some improvement in these parts, because this game and players deserve better than using only trading chat, or shop indexer. There would be looooot of possibilities how to improve life&trading in town:

one of them:Make an extra "trading tab" in stash which could be seen/"inspected" by other players in town, and people would only put the items there which they want to sell most.
If you are in a town with ppl, you could check anyone's trading tab, and maybe ask them if they need any item from your stash tab. This would make ITEM VS ITEM trading possible, since now only ITEM VS CURRENCY exists.

This is a great idea
Casual Player Since 2012
Standard IGN: RiseOfThePenis

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info