Experience Efficiency Chart: All Zones, All Levels, Color Coded

Its been updated, v2,... mostly.. some of the zone levels are still not confirmed if they are the same or have changed that is noted with the '-NC' text after the zones name.

For those zones I either used the old level or I just guesstimated to make it fit where it should probably fall but they are likely wrong.

The curve is a lot less smoother as I used the default order that normal creates for all of the difficulties this time. ---The above is going to be edited into the first post.

@Teutonne and others where relevent: Its linked in the Sticked Consolidated Guides, Game Mechanics and Information thread by Michael_GGG

It took awhile as checking all the new zone levels and double checking all the old ones to see if they changed or are still the same where mostly done by just me and if you check my characters I don't have a character past cruel act1 so most of the updates where from going through VOD's of Kripp/Nugi/Bob.

The color coding seems off on the bottom maps because the color coding is by column so it grabs the best value in that column and sets that as the max.. or the deep red and has all the other values fall behind it.
Again, the color coding is something that google docs doesn't really support very well and I had to find a user script and that is how the one I found works. If you know of better one feel free to let me know.

The place where the effective rage gets calculated is at the bottom of the EffData chart. I'm probably just missing what your talking about. Every 16 levels the size/thickness of the red zone gets thicker, generally speaking, most of the discrepancies are usually because of the zone levels not increasing smoothly without duplicates.

Explanation of how I see the High and Low Bounds of the 100% range:
Each character lvl has a 100% Effective Range value subtracted and added to it. It starts at 3 and every 16 levels it goes up by 1.
This is shown at the bottom of the EffData sheet and from a brief glimpse over the FChart sheet its showing the correct high and low bounds for the 100% Effective Range for each level.

Again thanks for the words and any one is welcome to let me know when they think something is wrong/incorrect though I may end up asking for a length-ier explanation if I don't follow.. as is likely.
Last edited by Ebonmourn on Nov 17, 2013, 12:52:46 AM
Thanks for the update! We know how much work it is. Your chart is right about the 100% ranges, I flipped the zlvl and clvl and confused myself. Thanks again.
All the NC zones are correct except Merciless Dread Thicket(line 168) is 62 and Merciless Lunaris 1(line 186) is 65.

Awesome work, thanks for updating!
the xp penalty for a lv 79 character is lower than a lv80 character

eg:
lv79 - 66zone 34.08%
lv80 - 66zone 34.39%
@thegreyham:The reason for that is at level 80 is when the effective safe(100%) range goes up again so at lvl 80 it is 8 above and below. That is why it says it is higher. See the range starts at 3 and goes up by 1 every 16 levels and clvl 80 is when it goes up again. You will probably see other weird values at similar clvl values where the safe range goes up.

@Quialiss: Really.. that's surprising that I got almost all of them right with just guessing. Well I changed the two zones in the sheet and will await for another confirmation that they are the correct levels for the -NC zones before removing the '-NC' tag from the zone names.

If any of the non-tagged zones are incorrect feel free to let me know.
Very nice chart!
Twitch.tv/Nithryok
"
Ebonmourn wrote:
@thegreyham:The reason for that is at level 80 is when the effective safe(100%) range goes up again so at lvl 80 it is 8 above and below. That is why it says it is higher. See the range starts at 3 and goes up by 1 every 16 levels and clvl 80 is when it goes up again. You will probably see other weird values at similar clvl values where the safe range goes up.

thanks for the info
Great info, will definitely come in useful! Thanks for the hard work.
Why in the hell we need XP penalty....why player can not happily stay in Merciless ACT 3 and make it to Lv 100?

fix your game design GGG.
IGN: Linsfamily_ST
@spiky0209: The purpose of this thread is not to complain about how xp penalty/efficiency works go complain else where. This threads purpose is for questions primarily concerning the Chart, keeping it updated, and answering questions about the chart.

On the First Question of your post: The purpose of a xp penalty is so that a player can't endlessly kill low level mobs and still get xp.

Every rpg game with levels in it uses this design in that mobs close to your level give more xp and the ones farther away from your level give less xp.

Example: Assuming there is also no party xp penalty. A lvl 1 player could go and have someone high level kill a lvl 90 mob and boom the lvl 1 player gets full xp off of the lvl 90 creature and is instantly lvl 30.. kill another one, boom lvl 40 and so on; that is broken hence why games have a xp penalty of some type.

With the issue your complaining about isn't a result of xp penalty it is the result of missing acts/zones or the fact that maps which are really meant for high level item acquisition are seen to be used to level up your character; so the 100% level curve has to stop at 75 (for lvl68) for non maps and 86 (for lvl78) for maps.

It used to be that 66 was the old max (Lunaris 3) but that was patched up to 68 and it got brought back down when they had the new zones that went up to 68. There is the possibility that one the next major content patch which I think has a new act in it the max zone levels will be pushed up again.

Going straight to your Second Question: You can. With the 1.0.0 patch you can now stay in any zone and still get 2% experience efficiency off the monsters there. It used to be that the effectiveness would drop below 0% and you couldn't level from those zones anymore. You would know this if you actually bothered to fully understand the chart.

@thegreyham: NP

Again thanks to the others.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info