Experience Efficiency Chart: All Zones, All Levels, Color Coded

"
RogueMage wrote:
Actually, I was reading the chart the way you describe, as leveling efficiency with character level on the horizontal axis and zone level on the vertical.

So for example, if my character is level-58, and I take on the Weaver in its level-58 Weaver's Chamber, I only get 54% of the XP I'd get at clvl 62?

If that's the case, thank you for showing how "overleveling" your character is actually the most effective way to play the game!

Nooo if your lvl 58 and killing the weaver boss you still get 100% of the xp that the weaver gives. Same if you are lvl 62 he still gives you 100% of his set amount of xp that does not change.

The percents are just weights that get multiplied against the set amount of xp the mob of that level / type / rarity (dunno the specifics of what determines that set xp amount)

Being overleveled or underleveled on a small scale (the scale/range gets 1 bigger every 16 levels) does not effect the efficiency of how much of a mobs xp is actually getting transferred to you.

Where are you getting this 54% from?

Lengthy-er explanation below.

Okay so with your example if your level 58 and your in Weavers which is also 58 you would get 100% of the mobs xp when you kill it. You would also get 100% of the xp if you where level 62
as the weavers is zlvl 58 so its still 100% for levels 52 through 65.

The 100% is the percentage amount of xp that you get from what the mob would normally give.. so if for say you where 70 in weavers you would be at 43% efficiency so you would only get 43% of the xp that the mob is supposed to give you.

Now The Weaver boss is actually +2 of his zone level as he is a unique mob and not a white mob
so its like looking at The Weaver boss is actually looking at zlvl 60 which is 100% eff for clvl 54 to 67.

It takes 12,157,041 xp to go from 58 to 59
62 to 63 = 17,127,265
70 to 71 = 33,287,878

If all you are killing is lvl 58 mobs or white mobs in a lvl 58 zone @ 10k xp per kill
58 to 59 takes 1215.71 mobs at 100% efficiency
62 to 63 takes 1712.72 mobs at 100% efficiency
70 to 71 takes 7741.37 mobs at 43% efficiency (10k per mob * .43 = 4300xp per mob)

Now granted a lvl 58 white mob is unlikely to give 10k xp per kill.
"
Ebonmourn wrote:
Where are you getting this 54% from?

Something about Google's spreadsheet rendering displays the chart in a deranged order when I view it in a browser window on Firefox in Win7. I had to make the browser full-screen to see a correct view of the spreadsheet. First time I've seen that bug and it's pretty alarming since there's no obvious way to tell when it malfunctions.
Wow that is messed up. I don't use Firefox personally its always had to many issues and its bookmark system sucks for what I want to use it for. Are you still of the previous opinion about reading the chart or are you good now? There is a png picture in the OP that basically shows the chart as well, tho it is/will be outdated soon and it will take me a bit to remake it.
"
Ebonmourn wrote:
Update: The Chart is updated for the known 1.0.0 patch info and when the names of the new zones and their levels are posted somewhere by someone it will be added to the chart as well.

If I missed something from the patch notes feel free to let me know.

Crematorium 2 and Solaris 3 will be removed in 1.0
Update: Cremetorium 2 and Solaris 3 renamed to To Be Removed for the moment and will be removed at the same time that the new zones get added.
"
Ebonmourn wrote:
Are you still of the previous opinion about reading the chart or are you good now? There is a png picture in the OP that basically shows the chart as well, tho it is/will be outdated soon and it will take me a bit to remake it.

Yes, once I saw the chart full-screen, the red zone fell properly into place. Many thanks for your detailed efforts, it must have taken a long time to compile all that data. A downloadable Excel spreadsheet would be much appreciated, if it's not too much trouble.
@RogueMage: Okay good, I'll think about putting a downloadable .xlsx version up somewhere after all the 1.0.0 updating is done. Probably just a direct download of the google doc as the original excel doc its from has a bunch of other useless stuff in it. I'd have to find some place to host it though; atm its only a 598KB file.

The formula and a few rules comes from the poe wiki page for experience

The color coding in the google doc is a user script I found online

If you look at the different pages/sheets of the doc you can see how stuff is aranged sorta. Like all the zone names and their level comes from Data and all the info for the cells from EffData and each cell of the chart on FChart is just conditional if statments to figure out if the cell should be 100 or where to pull the right value from the EffData chart.
Nice work! Looking forward to the 1.0.0 info being finished.

Has anyone figured out a way to properly print this yet without filling your wall with paper? It would be neat if it could fit on 2 or 3 A4 size pages in a readable way, so I can just keep it on my desk instead of alt-tab :).
Very interesting, thank you!
Never knew that the ranges where that generous...
Went D1 -> D2 -> D3 -> PoE. Natural progression...
The Op does not seem to have logged on in a while. This is a really great resource that should be updated and made a sticky. Can someone familiar with the program maybe fix it and upload a new version?

- needs the new act 3 zones

- lunaris 2 is 65, not 67 & lunaris 3 is 66, not 68

- color coding on bottom two maps (77&78) is off (too much red for higher levels)

Last edited by Teutonne on Nov 17, 2013, 2:09:26 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info