Blind

"
square0 wrote:
"
hellboar wrote:
If you have unwavering stance does this skill do anything at all?

I would also like an answer to this.

I would assume yes. Unwavering stance prevents you from evading, but this skill does not increase your chance to evade, it reduces the enemy's chance to hit. So if they have 100% to hit due to you being unable to evade, that gets reduced to 25% chance to hit.

I can't say for certain though, that's just my guess.
Unless the 75% less is multiplied into their accuracy, in which case it would be worthless with Unwavering. Gonna need a dev in aisle ten!
Blind directly modifies the opponent's chance to hit (which is the direct opposite of your chance to evade - the two are different names for the two sides of the same thing).

Unwavering stance means you can't evade, ever. There's no evade chance (and thus no hit chance) applied.
Does Blind also modifies the opponent's chance to evade ?

It sure would make sense.
Shadow : Covenant Pulser (504561)
Ranger : 12 charges Frenzy Archer (65154), Dual Claws Elemental ST (709126)
Witch : Self-Cast Arc Tanky Witch (770185), AoF EK/Bear trap (863970)
Templar : Frenzy + AB/Fireball "Cast on Crit" Wander (611200)
Marauder : Death Oath Staff User (498864)
I don't get it, so if u have unwavering stance, this gem is useless?
Can someone post what the exact effect of "blind" is, cuss it doesnt seem to be on the tooltip or anywhere else... also, if i have "arrow dodging" will it stack if someone blinded is trying to shoot me? you said its "2 sides of the same story" so im gettin confused about the mechanic
We were talking about Blind in-game the other night.

Although it might be overpowered, Blind should reduce aggro range significantly. The fact that monsters who can no longer see can tell exactly where you are is more than slightly unrealistic.

I use this gem a LOT as a melee shadow and combined with Temporal Chains, it's just amazing. This isn't a call to buff it, just to consider a means of making its effects a little more logical and believable.

Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"
Charan wrote:
We were talking about Blind in-game the other night.

Although it might be overpowered, Blind should reduce aggro range significantly. The fact that monsters who can no longer see can tell exactly where you are is more than slightly unrealistic.

I use this gem a LOT as a melee shadow and combined with Temporal Chains, it's just amazing. This isn't a call to buff it, just to consider a means of making its effects a little more logical and believable.

I believe that was one of the effects they were considering for Blind when they were originally making it.
"
Charan wrote:
I would argue no more so than the fact blind affects monsters without eyes :P
Beyond a certain point, we have to override realism for good gameplay, and on this one I think you and I are simply drawing the line in different places.
I agree that I think Blind's current mechanics are fine. Something that is blind has other senses (usually) and thus should be able to detect your location perfectly fine, it's making coordinated attacks on your person while blind that's supposed to be the challenge.
My Keystone Ideas: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/744282

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info