Item Allocation Specifics

"
terrorist wrote:
"
Shippal wrote:
"
terrorist wrote:
Awful changes.

How, exactly, do you find these changes awful? You have the option to play with any of these types of modes, though most players are going to go with FFA or Perm, I'm guessing. Do you just prefer the Short Allocation that much that you're upset that parties are going to go in either of the other two directions? Do you like having unallocated 4L, 5L, and 6L FFA that much? Do you hate "Map2Maker" rules?

To GGG: Great job; keep up the good work.

Only a complete moron would go with FFA as it allows pick-it scripts to win

The timer system was a perfect solution to this problem

The permanent system is more efficient but it completely takes away the competition between drops. Players won't choose between competition vs efficiency they will simply choose efficiency every time as it's human nature because it's easier. This is called the path of least resistance.

I want Path of Exile not Path of Least Resistance

Until the day Hardcore mode gets harder death punishment than original Super Mario Bros, it will never be Path of Exile.

So yeah, since it isn't currently Path of Exile and hasn't been in a long time, why the hell not make it "Path of Least Resistance" too?
------------------

Personal opinion about the changes: hopefully this will make public parties far more popular than they are now.
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
Well, I didn't think this game could get any better but it looks like this next patch is gonna be amazing. So when are supporter packs coming out? I need more stash tabs but I want to save my money for a big supporter pack instead of buying points now.
Domination IGN: The_Bloody_Fist and Aurora_Temptus
http://poexplorer.com/ - Forum Item Search
http://exilestats.com/ex/ - Approximate currency exchange rate.
http://www.poebuilder.com/ - Advanced skill tree builder.
Love this. The FFA/short during system CAN add to the game, if everybody involved is playing in a low latency environment, but playing from australia I frequently end up in pubs groups on the american or even european gateways, and it will definitely benefit HC groups to be completely focused on killing mobs and staying alive rather then rushing for loot that may be in a fire patch or surrounded by mobs or some shit.
Good update.

Love having options. People who like team loot ninja are free to play with each other. Of course, they really prefer to play with non ninja's, as that gives them a bigger cut :)
"
boof wrote:
Step in wrong direction, you can harp on about how more options is better all you want. We'll see where this trend takes the game.

5 minute timer eh? I give it less than 2 days after the patch before we see whiners in the forum complaining that 5 minutes is not enough time and they are tired of being ninja'd.

Having options is never a bad thing. Different people prefer different play style. Not everyone needs to be forced to play it the way YOU think it should be. But at the same time, you have the option to chose whatever style you want without forcing others to agree with you.

You can't judge something based on your own experience only.

Funny you complain about other's whining when you already are the first to do so.
Last edited by Hornet85 on May 24, 2013, 2:14:11 AM
tyvm
White maps to owner, blue/rares/uniques not? I see there a conflict where IIR increase the chance for not getting map by owner.

I like the permanent alloction anyway. No more ninjas. Just waiting for some funny situations. For example exalted drop which wasn't noticed by its owner. 5 ninjas waiting around for five minutes. Just before timer ends, owner picks up the item. TROLOLOLO

hopefully the first of many good changes. i like this very much.
finally something good. +1
“Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.”
― Christopher Hitchens
My QoL List: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3279646
"
CookieVortex wrote:
White maps to owner, blue/rares/uniques not? I see there a conflict where IIR increase the chance for not getting map by owner.

I like the permanent alloction anyway. No more ninjas. Just waiting for some funny situations. For example exalted drop which wasn't noticed by its owner. 5 ninjas waiting around for five minutes. Just before timer ends, owner picks up the item. TROLOLOLO

Does IIR even affect maps? I know for sure that IIQ from gear does not. Either way, it is good that IIR gets nerfed.
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info