How I Got to Level 100

Congratulations!

Lol at the jelly haters though. :P
ign: Ederyirn

Playing on Singapore gateway.
Hardcore mode fan since d2 classic! Afk-ing mostly o_O. Doing Lunaris 3 and slowly progressing :P
"
ventiman wrote:
"
Sneakypaw wrote:
"
Lancestrike wrote:
As long as you can alt f4 i can't take all this HC 1337 ego going around seriously.

You can use alt f4 in default too. So all the people complaining about XP penalty must be really bad gamers right?

ohhhh this one must hurt hard scrubcores BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURNNNNNNNNNN

too fail to play hc too fail to alt f4 where will it end :)

my point still stands getting highlvl in default is no real achievement

btw i laugh my ass of if the first lvl 100 hc gets his own thread in which chris leaves a comment :)

Stop being an elitist prick. You make hardcore players look bad.
Man mode that shit for 4 months. Grats man
> tl;dr
> default

/thread. :(
Flame away ppl, but the story sounds a lot like Colin Powell speaking at the U.N. about Iraq and all their "W.M.D.s". A really good fairy tale, that he himself believed.

And the above is me giving the benefit of the doubt to Havoc6/HvR by not saying it compares to baby George and his best buddy Dick.

What amazes me about this story is that he took a year off college because he didn't know what he wanted to do, and yet he could remain so focused on a stupid game to put in the number of hours needed to do this. Get some help. Someone can help you turn this degree of focus into something productive rather than a complete waste of effort.

Physics was my major too. I did a 5 year program in four years (BS + teaching cred). Mainly because I didn't blow the time spent playing computer games. I played a lot of bridge, but that was the game back then.

In my defense, computer games weren't nearly as sophisticated as they are today. Most were essentially text adventures... some with pictures. MUDs hadn't even come out yet.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
What amazes me about this story is that he took a year off college because he didn't know what he wanted to do, and yet he could remain so focused on a stupid game to put in the number of hours needed to do this. Get some help. Someone can help you turn this degree of focus into something productive rather than a complete waste of effort.

Physics was my major too. I did a 5 year program in four years (BS + teaching cred). Mainly because I didn't blow the time spent playing computer games. I played a lot of bridge, but that was the game back then.

In my defense, computer games weren't nearly as sophisticated as they are today. Most were essentially text adventures... some with pictures. MUDs hadn't even come out yet.

He enjoys playing PoE. Are you really going to negatively judge him for enjoying PoE on the PoE forums?..

What he does with his life is none of anyone's business. This isn't a discussion about hvr's career choice, it's about the way he hit level 100.
Last edited by kasub on May 22, 2013, 10:15:19 AM
"
kasub wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

He enjoys playing PoE. Are you really going to negatively judge him for enjoying PoE on the PoE forums?..

What he does with his life is none of anyone's business. This isn't a discussion about hvr's career choice, it's about the way he hit level 100.

I thought it was about spending 15 hours a day for months doing something which produced no tangible reward. Sorry... I must have misread his post. If he didn't want us to "judge him" he shouldn't post his life story on the internet.
Last edited by Shagsbeard on May 22, 2013, 10:20:29 AM
The more interesting part of his post is how he maintained his mappool across many phases. It should be really interesting for devs especially.

It shows that the current mapsystem is quite bad even for the richest players(who all group up to have a chance to keep it up).

I couldn't care less about where he goes with his career. I bet you don't either, so don't get all judgemental and consider yourself superior.
Last edited by kasub on May 22, 2013, 10:25:32 AM
it's default league...irrelevant...

not even sure why anybody would care to be honest.

it's already just a silly video game. somebody reaches max level on easy mode, and it's supposedly significant?

jeez.

it's not only the fact that you can die really. that's only part of it. default league is FLOODED with godly gear because there's no gear sink there (plus all the dead peoples kaoms and other godly gear ends up in default lol --- think of it as "bonus items" inserted into their economy)

at least in hardcore it can be a bit tricky to find the gear to support such a thing....along with the risk of death.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info