Interview with Chris and Additional Season Two Races

good job
Last edited by GedPoE on May 21, 2013, 1:58:27 PM
your killing meeee, tell meeeee nowwwwwww
"
Chris wrote:
"
emcx wrote:
Yea, a lot of buildup, but I imagine it will deliver, since I have been happy with most big announcements up to this day.

We try to be pretty open about what we're working on, so the scope of this secret stuff is naturally limited. I'm very happy with how it's turning out, though mindful that I shouldn't raise expectations too high :P

Greatly reduced load time?
Melee kicking butt?
Magical solution to FPS <1 spikes?
Scratch and sniff?
Underrated stats: Basic human decency, small quantum of respect, microportion of compassion
Only awesomness I would go for is a new league where we cannot trade but all drops (IQ and IR and maps) are increased by 200%

Very nice interview, with a lotta red meat for us players. =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
Spoiler
There are various systems that we’ve been working on with the players to find better solutions to. For example loot allocation in the game, a lot of players would like it to be a bit more forgiving and less free-for-all, so we’ve been looking into a variety of options which will hopefully launch by the end of the month.

So, here is the big surprise for the next update ?? =^^=
"
Chris: We’ve looked into the idea of community content and there are definitely some opportunities there. One of the things to note is that because it’s an online game with a secure economy, you can’t let the players literally decide “this is the exact layout of the dungeon and we’ll put the monsters where we want” because they could make it too easy.

Reminds me of the neverwinter EXP exploit. Those guys really had no idea what the fuck they were doing when they implemented the system.
The big surprise will be right when I stop working :D

Can't wait!
I'm in an abusive relationship with life. It keeps beating the hell out of me and I'm too cowardly to leave it.

IGN • NCPereira
STEAM • steamcommunity.com/id/NCPereira
I know what the secret awesomeness is; Chris actually announced it some days ago in a Reddit thread. It's gonna be great! Hint: it's similar to something D2 had but which D3 did not.
[Hardcore league]
IGN: Jeria / Metalgrid
The secret awesomeness is a separate cutthroat only racing league to see who is best at pvp.

If not, then i would just throw that into the idea box at the new offices.
There can only be one Oatmeal.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info