Interview with Chris and Additional Season Two Races

"
Madhibiki wrote:
Spoiler
There are various systems that we’ve been working on with the players to find better solutions to. For example loot allocation in the game, a lot of players would like it to be a bit more forgiving and less free-for-all, so we’ve been looking into a variety of options which will hopefully launch by the end of the month.

So, here is the big surprise for the next update ?? =^^=

No, we already knew about that.
Hey GGG, I really appreciate the daily or near daily news updates. nice to see what's going on.
"Man, it's like we're fighting housewives and their equipment." - Millennium
"
Torin wrote:
Only awesomness I would go for is a new league where we cannot trade but all drops (IQ and IR and maps) are increased by 200%

200% will be tooooo low
secret awesomeness is going to be player created content!
he is talking about this 50% of the interview.

did you guys even read it???

though he didnt say anything specific i think we gonna be able to play mods and maps by other players
"
H463N wrote:
[...] player created content!

though he didnt say anything specific [...]

Very funny. You try to troll yes? :)

Just one question is related to user-generated content in this interview and the answer is basically (paraphrased) "ability to create fresh leagues using [existing] content with new rulesets".

The only "user generated content" in PoE are the unique in-game items.
There has to be a low point where some people stop complaining because it's just not worth it, and I have yet to see it. - Squeakypaw, 2013
"
Gibbevex wrote:
"
So before open beta you had to pay to play this game?

Yeah, you could buy supporter packs, ranging from $10 for a beta key, to a $1000 for all kinds of cool things and being able to design a unique item. Apart from getting microtransaction points, you got other things, like an exclusive pet kiwi, and some actual goods if you gave over $50.

Actual goods were equipment and orbs?

"
obadonke wrote:
"
H463N wrote:
[...] player created content!

though he didnt say anything specific [...]

Very funny. You try to troll yes? :)

Just one question is related to user-generated content in this interview and the answer is basically (paraphrased) "ability to create fresh leagues using [existing] content with new rulesets".

The only "user generated content" in PoE are the unique in-game items.

Well, it would be weird and complicated to be able to create leagues I think. Just think about it, they should be available to all players, and there should be many things to think off. I really can't describe it with words. Only solution would be, like in many flash games, to make players able to select some options when entering instances and maps. For example: normal= normal rewards; turbo option= +30% IIQ, multi-proj= +25% IIR etc.
Last edited by PathofEquilibrium on May 22, 2013, 1:34:37 AM
One thing which I think should be considered when the option for players to create custom leagues starts happening, is that so long as there's no way to get characters or items out of one of those custom leagues and back into the main economy, the economic and other difficulty settings can really be anything at all without affecting the rest of the players.

You could have an unparented league where every item that drops is a unique, for example, and it wouldn't matter, because none of that would ever make its way back into Default/Hardcore.
Last edited by MesostelZe on May 22, 2013, 2:28:14 AM
All I'm going to say is, secret rhoa level. loljk. But still I can't wait for the patch :D
I still can't fathom how GGG thinks reducing the number of events is a good thing, you should be ignoring those that want less as there is no valid reason to do that other then those wanting to be the only ones to have a chance to achieve everything during that season.

If anything, you should be increasing the number of events to allow more players in more regions and time zones a fair opportunity to achieve and earn all the rewards for the season, not reduce and take away such opportunities from players.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Last edited by Nicholas_Steel on May 22, 2013, 8:35:28 AM
"
I still can't fathom how GGG thinks reducing the number of events is a good thing, you should be ignoring those that want less as there is no valid reason to do that other then those wanting to be the only ones to have a chance to achieve everything during that season.

If anything, you should be increasing the number of events to allow more players in more regions and time zones a fair opportunity to achieve and earn all the rewards for the season, not reduce and take away such opportunities from players.

Agreed, allowing races to run concurrently was a good way of letting different time-zones do the same races. (3hour races, starting 2 hours apart, for instance). As someone from the UK a lot of the races are night-time or workday time. I don't mind this, as long as there are evening/weekend ones too (of the same type) to make up for it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info